Praise the lord!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Praise the lord!
Wow Dom, that's an eventful day! Thank the holy stars you were there as a pinnacle of star dust bumping into another star dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Bravo Dom! [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

Think the best way is to chew them and keep them under your tongue instead of swallowing. Sublingual is the quickest path into the bloodstream short of intravenous.

I work with a guy who got diagnosed with a bad ticker in his 30's. He says "I used to carry condoms in my wallet in case of emergency, now I carry aspirin."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-07-2012, 08:06 PM
(25-07-2012 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bravo Dom! [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

Think the best way is to chew them and keep them under your tongue instead of swallowing. Sublingual is the quickest path into the bloodstream short of intravenous.

I work with a guy who got diagnosed with a bad ticker in his 30's. He says "I used to carry condoms in my wallet in case of emergency, now I carry aspirin."

I could have made him chew the first ones I gave him, but the second batch - he was convulsing in pain and not able to do anything targeted. I was lucky to get them into him at all. I was worried he'd inhale them or bite his tongue off or something.

Damn, heart attacks can be really painful. My dad was super lucky that way. He was in bed, said to my mom "boy, we sure have it cozy here", breathed a loooong breath out and was dead. Mom said she only knew something was wrong because the breath out was so long. Still, it was a matter of seconds. If I ever get one, I hope it's like my dad's.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Well, to update, he's home and better. They kept him until they had all the clots disolved. So he is safe for now.

Let's hope he follows instructions and changes his diet and quits smoking.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-07-2012, 11:53 AM
(25-07-2012 08:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  The human mind has always fascinated me. I have no idea how, why and exactly when I slip into robot mode, it's not a conscious decision.

I am not prone to panic at all. Maybe it's my dad's harping on this: "If it's broke, just fix it". He didn't much believe in punishment, he believed in having us fix things. It's kind of how I live life. Thanks, dad, it works for me.

That's it, right there. Ok, I'm hanging with Dom from now on all yous' guys! When something goes wrong, I want a quick thinker!! For getting this guy the help he needed - even though he objected - Good on you, Dom! Thumbsup

(29-07-2012 07:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  Let's hope he follows instructions and changes his diet and quits smoking.

Holy Cow - a smoker. One of the most easily addictive and destructive things one can do to the human body. He's gonna have to think about his health situation in a lot more positive way. No doubt you'll be around once in a while to give a nudge in that direction, Dom. Wouldn't want to lose a good handy man. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post