Praise the sun!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: Praise the sun!
(12-04-2016 10:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That Crystal Sage...

You battled the abyss watchers yet? Holy fuck this fight gives me chills. So good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Not yet, gotta battle these weird priest mob boss things first. I've done them a couple times on co-op for the sunlight medals and ember but haven't gotten around to doing it myself yet. Was busy clearing the area of treasure. I'll be onto the Abyss Watchers tomorrow sometime no doubt.

They're/it's(?) the first lord right? I'm looking forward to that fight in a I'm gonna break something and get pissed off sort of way.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Well I just did the Deacon fight like 25 times in a row. 30 sunlight medals, check. That's two less spells I gotta worry about for 1000/1000 achievements.

14-04-2016, 03:14 AM
(11-04-2016 11:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  FROMSOFTWARE WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE A PC GAME THAT WORKS PROPERLY!!?!?!

*sigh*... Game keeps crashing. It seems to be when I kill things that the game crashes most often. And even on the lowest possible settings, this damn thing cannot keep at 60. Best I'm getting is 45 frames...

Maybe I should have gone for a console version, if I owned a new-gen console...

I was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast, and there it sounded like a lot of the crashes are centered around 700 series nVidia GPU's. Everyone on their staff who had issues, and the staff test rig, all had 700 series cards. Those who had 900 series cards didn't seem to have the rampant crashing.

But seriously, a 770 shouldn't be having those issues; it still blows console APU's out of the water. I hope they get that shit patched for you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-04-2016, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2016 11:00 AM by Old Man Marsh.)
(07-04-2016 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Almost done the first playthrough, solo only. I'm on what I'm pretty sure is the final boss. I mean he's the only lord I haven't killed by now, and the titanite slab for +10 weapons is right before him.

Godly game. Meets my expectations and more. Definitely in my top 3 favourite games, along with Dark souls 1 and Bloodborne Heart And fuck I died a lot, though that might be because I was in Bloodborne mode coming into this and thus treating things differently lol.
14-04-2016, 09:41 PM
How many hours you put into it Gil? 31 hours so far here. Annual leave ftw.
Also, you were not wrong, the Abyss Watcher boss did not disappoint. "oh this guy is easy as fucking tits..." nekk minute... "I wont my mommy!"
His armor set looks pretty bitching too.

Oh and yes, extremely good game.

14-04-2016, 10:01 PM
(14-04-2016 09:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How many hours you put into it Gil? 31 hours so far here. Annual leave ftw.
Also, you were not wrong, the Abyss Watcher boss did not disappoint. "oh this guy is easy as fucking tits..." nekk minute... "I wont my mommy!"
His armor set looks pretty bitching too.

Oh and yes, extremely good game.

The storytelling through cinematics was crazy good for the Abyss watchers fight. Music, too. It all felt so naturally dramatic. Like we're here watching brothers in arms cursed to kill eachother over and over forever FFS.

I got 34 hours and 40 mins in.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
18-04-2016, 02:57 AM
(14-04-2016 03:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 11:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  FROMSOFTWARE WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE A PC GAME THAT WORKS PROPERLY!!?!?!

*sigh*... Game keeps crashing. It seems to be when I kill things that the game crashes most often. And even on the lowest possible settings, this damn thing cannot keep at 60. Best I'm getting is 45 frames...

Maybe I should have gone for a console version, if I owned a new-gen console...

I was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast, and there it sounded like a lot of the crashes are centered around 700 series nVidia GPU's. Everyone on their staff who had issues, and the staff test rig, all had 700 series cards. Those who had 900 series cards didn't seem to have the rampant crashing.

But seriously, a 770 shouldn't be having those issues; it still blows console APU's out of the water. I hope they get that shit patched for you.

I don't know what any of that means for my 270X... But there was an announcement about a patch that's supposed to be launching soon(ish) "4/18 at 2am PST/11am CEST" that hopefully will get the game in working condition...

Hopefully.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-04-2016, 09:00 PM
4 more gestures (2 that I've missed this play through, 2 that I just haven't gotten up to yet), 7 more sorcerries, 20 more miracles, 9 more pyromancies (a lot of which I simply just need to buy) and 25 more rings (not including the +1, 2, 3 versions so like 40 more rings) till I can 1000/1000 achievement this game. Oh and of course 3 play throughs and a number of easy smaller achievements that I'll get eventually (fully upgrade a bunch of stuff).

Than I can start on Dark Souls 1 which came free with Dark Souls 3. Than I'll have 1000/1000 for all three Dark Souls games. Life clocked.