Pranic Healing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Pranic Healing
I have a friend who is into the pranic healing. She knows how I feel and she knows that I feel there is no evidence to back it up (which there isn't and science agrees with that stance) and we don't talk about it. But today on FB I noticed her sharing a link to a local pranic healing 'clinic'. So I read it. Wow. They claim to help with the regular ailments such as colds, sore backs, etc. Then they go on to list HIV/AIDS, cancer and other autoimmune disorders.

This is where it starts to really, really bother me. My uncle had cancer. He bought into some sort of tea that was supposed to heal him. There was no evidence. He died a month later. How much harm is this doing? People go to this pranic clinic with the hope that it will help with these diseases and they shun everything else. Everything that has been proven to be effective.

http://www.portangelespranichealing.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Pranic Healing
Hmmm, I read about 3 sentences there and Facepalm

Sad if people rely on shit like that and then die from their mistake.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2014, 09:26 AM
(21-06-2014 08:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hmmm, I read about 3 sentences there and Facepalm

Sad if people rely on shit like that and then die from their mistake.

Its one thing to have views that I don't agree with but another one those views could potentially cause somebody to die.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
21-06-2014, 09:32 AM
The text of their website is right on the edge of FDA compliance, which in my view still makes them a criminal enterprise, as the implications deliberately contrived are that their wuu affects major ailments. Any HINT of medical efficacy should be outlawed, no matter how craftily worded.

I wonder if there any studies that show a statistically significant correlation between the degree of a population's religiosity and the commercial viability of wuu outfits. I'll bet there is a correlation. I can't go ten miles from my house along any boulevard without passing some sort of wuu center - palm reading, astrology, chakra dispensary - and I live in one the most educated and least religious metropolitan regions of the US. But in the US.

Time for a Google session.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
21-06-2014, 09:46 AM
The claim to cure HIV/aids really really bothers me. How many people will it spread to after a person is told they've been cured? Wow, just so irresponsible.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
21-06-2014, 10:27 AM
"Evidence based practice" is a healthcare standard any "healing" establishment should have to abide by. Also a great argument for better health education for the public, makes it harder to fall victim to those places.

Personally, I think of natural selection each time I drive past "alternative healing" places on my way to work, keeps my rage in check. Kinda like when I drive past the snake handling churches...
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
21-06-2014, 11:09 AM
(21-06-2014 09:46 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The claim to cure HIV/aids really really bothers me. How many people will it spread to after a person is told they've been cured? Wow, just so irresponsible.

It would be irresponsible if they were not aware of the outcome of their crap.
These people are well aware that they're causing harm and even death for a profit.
This, to me, puts them in the sub-human category.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-06-2014, 07:12 AM
I do support the meditation and it has been shown to have beneficial effects both physically and with some mild forms of depression. However, the extent of their claims are completely unfounded. This stinks of scam.
22-06-2014, 04:45 PM
[Image: 45871558.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
22-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Pransic Healing

#sigh