Pranic Healing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Pranic Healing
I have a friend who is trying to talk to me about Pranic Healing after I asked her what kind of retreat she was going to in California. Oh how I should have kept my mouth shut. Anyway she started talking about the bioplasmic energy field and saying that there are experiments and research that have proven it exists. Now I cannot find this research (not that I expected it to exist) and I also cannot find anything that directly relates to debunking it. So here I am. Looking for any resources you all might have.

Obviously I think its all a bunch of hogwash. Just looking for a guide in any arguments that might come up at some point. Which I am sure they will.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: Pranic Healing
Well, here's your wikiwacker for Pranic Healing. Looks like they mix some woo with some woo-woo, sprinkle in some herbal woo, toss in some wooy massage, with a little woo laced acupuncture, then there's the "mysterious" part which Chinese sources refuse to divulge but pretty sure it has to do with some kind of mysterious woo. Then add an extra dash of personal woo to taste and that's your Pranic Healing. Thumbsup

I hope this person isn't going to try to be some kind of practitioner of this... acupuncture takes skill and I wouldn't want even a novice practicing on my ass. The rest of it is probably harmless and I'd sure as hell go in for any kind of massage I can get. Might be mindful of the herbs though if you are currently taking real medications. If they give you something called Maca root, be prepared to fuck like a teenager.

Well. Pretty much sums it up. Have fun with it and take pictures. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
03-02-2013, 11:58 PM
(03-02-2013 10:44 PM)riseinside Wrote:  I have a friend who is trying to talk to me about Pranic Healing after I asked her what kind of retreat she was going to in California. Oh how I should have kept my mouth shut. Anyway she started talking about the bioplasmic energy field and saying that there are experiments and research that have proven it exists.....
Well...here's the point: Can you prove that this healing works? Can anyone prove this healing works?

Probably not.

It's the responsibility of the people saying something "Heals" to show proof it "Heals" - and if they don't do this, or won't do this, then they are Bad. Really Bad.

I hope this helps.

Julius
04-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Oh, come on... it's the Bioplasmic Energy Field for fucks sake. It can't be that bad. According to this guy, Kanti Pal This energy field is also called aura... for nineteen ninety-five. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
04-02-2013, 02:56 AM
You know what my biggest problem with pranic "healing" is? There is a woman in Bulgaria with my exact name (and my name+surname aren't that common), who is into this and has several sites about it. So when people google me, they think I'm this this loon. While I'm a different loon entirely.

Fuck prana Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
04-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I guess I should have paid more attention where I created this thread at lol.

She is trying to become a practitioner. This all came up after I asked what the retreat was for. Then she went on to say that there was a lot of evidence and testing backing it up. When I said I could find none she showed me videos from people who believe and the only evidence was their experience.

I finally told her that she needed to agree to disagree. This wouldn't end well IMO lol
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:Pranic Healing is a registered trademark of Institute for Inner Studies Inc, a company founded by Choa Kok Sui.

there's your answer

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
My stance towards things like this is summed up in the following quote from Tim Minchin:

"You show me that it works and how it works and when I've recovered from the shock, I will take a compass and carve 'fancy that' on the side of my cock."

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
07-02-2013, 07:03 AM
There's a vortex in Sedona Arizona which is MUCH more powerful, and that's where she should be going for her healing needs. I should know. I stood there once with my brother, and this lady comes up and says "can't you just feel the power ?".
We burst out laughing in her face. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2013, 07:54 AM
(03-02-2013 11:08 PM)kim Wrote:  If they give you something called Maca root, be prepared to fuck like a teenager.
*Rushes off to Google with debit card in hand*

(srsly)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!