Pray for Bin Laden

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Question Pray for Bin Laden
I saw this group on facebook that wants us to pray for Bin Laden. Ok, 15 nutcases, not so bad, i've seen worse.

But then I found this: French Cardinal wants us to pray for Bin laden.
Isn't this a little exagerated? I know Jesus/God is supposed to forgive everyone, but him? Being responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people?

I'd say, good riddance, even if it saddens his family. Now for the rest of those religious nuts. Not that they should die of course. I'd be much happier if they adopted rational thinking.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 06:24 AM
RE: Pray for Bin Laden
And you think it's all that simple? Smile First, Christian pastor is supposed to pray for him, that is their doctrine. But it is very questionable that Osama actually did anything and killed anyone, we don't have too much evidence, only what US Government told us. And now they told us he is dead and they showed us a photoshoped picture and then threw his body in the ocean... How convenient. And funny...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Well Hitler was a Catholic , so by religious logic he's sitting on a puffy cloud because he accepted Jesus.

@Filox
You're being sarcastic I hope ... or do you have your tin foil hat on ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
04-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm being partially sarcastic. Smile No I do not believe that tin foil works. But did you see picture of dead Osama? Did that look "funny" to you? And how normal is it to throw HIS body in the Ocean, when he is the most wanted person in the world. This whole thing stinks from day 1. Don't know what and don't care, but something is very wrong in this story.

-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I didn't see him give the order to crash into the twin towers, true. And yes, alot of strange things happened before and after 9/11. But I don't really think he was an innocent guy chosen as a scapegoat by some obscure government service. And don't get me started on Afghanistan and Iraq etc.

I just find it strange that people want to save his soul. But I suppose it's a christian thing: forgive evil muslims one day, condemn secular humanists to an eternity in hell the next one...

Now that you mention it; I really wonder what the real story behind his death is. Really good conspiracy material Smile .

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
04-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Isn't it simple? He is ex-CIA. What more do we have to talk about? Who knows what he helped organize, who he helped it and why. He was American agent. And as far as I am concerned, maybe he still is and we will never find out the truth, so no point in searching it. Or maybe he is dead for years, so everyone was just using his name for their own propaganda. Those conspiracy theories are stupid, but it is incredible how many of them there are and how logical some of them sound. If only 10% of them are true, it all horrible. And you don't need to look at conspiracies to see why Afghanistan and Iraq happened.

Every single war that was ever fought was because of resources. They all can have different stories and histories, but it all comes down to land with some resource. Oil, food, sun, sea, water, fertile land, diamonds, iron, coal, uranium, hemp you name it.

P.S.
Did you know that in 2 WW a lot of fighting was because of the HEMP fields and hemp supply. Cannabis marijuana. Half of the WW 2 was about that resource, without it you have no ropes, parachutes, backpacks, cloths, bandages, basically no army...

-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 09:05 AM

Rainbow RE: Pray for Bin Laden
Jesus, who's not considered the son of god (Allah) in Islam but is respected as a prophet, would have forgiven Bin Laden and embraced him like a brother.

I think this is a bold move on the Cardinals part and I applaud the media, at least just this one that I'm aware of as it doesn't seem like a lot of outlets are quick to jump on the story (wonder why? Wink ) , for reporting it so that it does stand to be picked up on the net at forums like this.
And afterward with the keyword searching going on, that Facebook group may have a lot more members.

It's the doctrine of the Christian faith to forgive those who have trespassed against them. Bin Laden is dead now. His family grieve the loss of the man they loved first. Not the monster the world shall always remember him as.

This article challenges those who claim to be "true Christians", when they rail against freedoms and liberties in the name of their faith and in their own way represent the zeal that compelled another religious zealot to become the worlds most wanted terrorist. Now the spirit of the Christian faith has been asked to rise and prove itself.
Can a Christian pray for the soul of an Al Qaeda terrorist? Jesus would forgive him. If Jesus can and the Christian can't, it says a great deal about what it means to be or to simply give lip service to, what it means to live "Christ like".

Great article. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
The only pictures I have seen on the internet are fakes so far. As far as the reasoning behind the dumping of his body overboard it was for two reasons. 1) Muslim burials are supposed to occur within 24 hours of death. If we want to keep the rest of the Islamic world off of our backs this is a good political move...I don't like it but that is the way it goes. 2) If he is buried somewhere then that site has the potential to become a shrine for his martyrdom. Throwing him overboard in some random location prevents that from happening...I am sure of the nutjobs will just pray to the oceans now but they are already a little cuckoo. I honestly never expected to hear us to announce his death. I thought it would be kept under wraps if it happened. Perhaps more information will be released in the coming months, particularly real photos.

Evolve
04-05-2011, 09:44 AM

It’s amazing how people can HATE a man they/we have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side. I still strongly believe that Osama died from kidney failure in 2002. Even if we assume that the news of Bin Laden’s assassination is real, it is now serving as justification for trillions of our dollars already spent on war, and justification for the continuation of the policies of the Patriot Act and its intrusion into our private lives. With the death of Bin Laden, we can all look forward to more of our sons and daughters dying, our privacy further intruded upon, deeper national debt and more of our freedoms surrendered to those who would have us all in chains. 

The very saddest part of all this is how some of the same people who have been standing in condemnation of our Government’s military spending, while abandoning our poor and downtrodden, now salute them for their efforts; for the trillions of dollars spent on bombs instead of books for our children and homes for our poor. Now, they thank our government for being aware and resilient in their quest to destroy Bin Laden and, by proxy, Al Qaeda. Now, they understand the reason for the trillions of dollars gone to the War effort.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kg36's post
04-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Aaaaand, this is what I was thinking when I sad everything is some big cover-up... Good post, nice thinking.

-Hunter S. Thompson