Pray for me!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Pray for me!
Yeah don't you dare do that shit. Daily I'm bombarded by this comment on facebook. Last night I did a little rant on my mini-blog.

You can check out here: Pray for me, I'm taking a shit!

I don't spend much time on it. I just run on with annoying things that happen to me. I post it on my facebook but most of the people on my friends list are people that rarely read or research anything. I probably wouldn't even say rarely. Anyway, do you guys see this desperate need to beg for support for every day trivial shit? Are your friends/family that needy too? It's quite annoying.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
10-01-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: Pray for me!
Ah praying. The best way to think you're contributing while doing nothing at all.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Lately I've decided to take this approach when dealing with the prayer people. I say - you believe that everything happens according to gods plan, so praying is asking god to change his plan. You need to have more faith in gods plan and stop all this useless praying. If you don't like gods plan then maybe you shouldn't be a Christian.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
10-01-2012, 07:54 AM
(10-01-2012 07:39 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Lately I've decided to take this approach when dealing with the prayer people. I say - you believe that everything happens according to gods plan, so praying is asking god to change his plan. You need to have more faith in gods plan and stop all this useless praying. If you don't like gods plan then maybe you shouldn't be a Christian.

But in the Bible praying is an important activity...

It's just another one of those arbitrary things God tells people to do. No real reason behind it.
10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
(10-01-2012 07:22 AM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Yeah don't you dare do that shit. Daily I'm bombarded by this comment on facebook. Last night I did a little rant on my mini-blog.

Good article Clint! I'll have to subscribe to your site when I get home tonight.

Carlin is always an awesome source of inspiration!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
(10-01-2012 09:11 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 07:22 AM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Yeah don't you dare do that shit. Daily I'm bombarded by this comment on facebook. Last night I did a little rant on my mini-blog.

Good article Clint! I'll have to subscribe to your site when I get home tonight.

Carlin is always an awesome source of inspiration!

I've been taking notes the last few days about the 10 commandments for another blog entry. My younger brother supports that crap being in/on our court buildings. I like Carlin's version Smile

— idiot adjective

10-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I enjoyed your blog, CB. Actually, the topic is what drove me to deactivate my FB account rather abruptly this weekend. I just decided I needed a break from ALL the drivel. It remains to be seen how long I can hold out!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm very slowly looking for friends to add to my list that are more in line with me. What may I ask, are you holding out on? or - Did you mean how long you could hold out before deactivating your account?

I did de-activate my account for a few months last year. The only reason I turned it back on was to like certain atheist sites. After enduring the annoyances I figured, what the hell, I'll shoot back Tongue

— idiot adjective

10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
(10-01-2012 09:36 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I'm very slowly looking for friends to add to my list that are more in line with me. What may I ask, are you holding out on? or - Did you mean how long you could hold out before deactivating your account?

I did de-activate my account for a few months last year. The only reason I turned it back on was to like certain atheist sites. After enduring the annoyances I figured, what the hell, I'll shoot back Tongue

I meant how long can I hold out in staying away from FB. I thought it would be a difficult habit to break, but so far...not so much. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
10-01-2012, 09:56 PM
(10-01-2012 09:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I meant how long can I hold out in staying away from FB. I thought it would be a difficult habit to break, but so far...not so much. Smile

It's easy! I haven't near the place for almost 12 months. Big Grin

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
[+] 1 user Likes Organon's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Don't Pray for Me - Hannibal Buress Can_of_Beans 1 106 23-04-2014 04:25 PM
Last Post: JDog554
  Relative asks you to pray proplayer44 21 324 27-03-2014 06:18 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  Have you forgotten how to pray aswell? The Germans are coming 13 364 31-12-2013 10:40 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Let Us Pray Free 3 214 18-11-2013 08:00 PM
Last Post: Cephalotus
  Pray for us Saint Gilbert Abdul Alhazred 3 329 12-08-2013 05:45 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  I'll pray for you... parsonf 120 5,289 22-12-2012 10:10 PM
Last Post: Humakt
  Is, "I'll pray for you" insulting? Stark Raving 89 3,624 16-12-2012 01:27 PM
Last Post: crippledatheist