Pray for us Saint Gilbert

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Pray for us Saint Gilbert
No word yet on what he's going to be the patron saint of.

Pope blesses plans to make writer of Father Brown stories G.K. Chesterton a saint
Daily Mail (UK)

Quote:Author G. K. Chesterton, best known for his Father Brown stories, has been put on the path to sainthood – with the blessing of the Pope.

Just days before he was elected Pope in March, the then Archbishop of Buenos Aires, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, wrote to a Chesterton society in Argentina approving the wording of a private prayer calling for his canonisation.

The Pontiff is said to be a fan of the author, one of whose most admired books was a life of St Francis of Assisi – whose name the Pope adopted. ...

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 04:42 AM
RE: Pray for us Saint Gilbert
Yesssssssss!

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2013, 05:23 AM
They'll make every putz a saint these days.

Did the church run out of 'important' people to saint-ify?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-08-2013, 05:45 AM
I have it on good authority that any future "holy person" who expects to be named a saint, will, by papal decree, also be required to have a theme-song. It you die without one, too bad.
[Image: Saint_Dude.jpg]
http://www.annekreamer.com/becks-saint-d...yc-friends

There are lots of saints you may not have heard of, since most of you are woefully out of touch with the friends of Jebus. You may not know it, but they're pretty hip these days.
http://pinterest.com/NobleWorks/mortal-sins/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche