Prayer Rug ... Seriously??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Prayer Rug ... Seriously??
I am curious if anyone has gotten one of these in the mail. Today I got a letter from Saint Matthew's Church. It is some kind of chain letter. It also came with this full page print out of a rug with an image of Jesus on it and a sealed prophecy. Oh and the rug is "anointed" too.

Very conveniently, I only have to place this "prayer rug" over my knees and pray for whatever I want and it will be granted! (my first thought was this is just like a lamp with a genie inside) Once I have done this I am asked to send the paper back to them and mark on the second sheet with what I would like them to pray for, so basically I get two free prayers answered! Plus, a special gift once I send the papers back.

I also got a sealed prophecy about me and my family. I got really excited as I've NEVER gotten a real live prophecy about me (I was hoping for ruler of the world), but unfortunately i was disappointed to find that it's just a prayer that promises everything will be perfect and wonderful if I renew and strengthen my faith in jesus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fox's post
05-05-2012, 09:20 AM
RE: Prayer Rug ... Seriously??
Iv'e seen rugs, cloths, anointed oil, silks, vials of water and an uncountable number of similar lucky charms designed to lighten your pockets
[+] 1 user Likes angry-santa's post
05-05-2012, 09:28 AM
I guess the bible belt in Canada is nothing compared to the states. Wow.
If I got that shit in the mail I'd have a serious problem with it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I usually shred the "rug," put it back in the no-postage-necessary envelope and send it back from whence it cometh. They express their opinion, I express mine, plus they have to pay to pick up the letter. Amazingly, it's cut down on unwanted rugs.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 6 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
(05-05-2012 09:37 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I usually shred the "rug," put it back in the no-postage-necessary envelope and send it back from whence it cometh. They express their opinion, I express mine, plus they have to pay to pick up the letter. Amazingly, it's cut down on unwanted rugs.
that's a great idea!! Sadly, I just threw it away. If it ever happens again I'll definitely do that.
05-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Purchasing the favor of the gods, ("salvation") is a very common theme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifice

Git yer's over ta eBay, before they're all gone.
[Image: 140.jpg]

What do ya think sparked the Reformation : (and they STILL do this BTW) ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_papal_indulgences
This has been taken to the level of High Art.
http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/indulge/plenary.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Are they also selling Jesus money trees?
If Jesus gives me a money tree I will give his church back 10%.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.