Prayer for a non believer; Biblical standards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 05:44 AM
RE: Prayer for a non believer; Biblical standards
(23-04-2015 09:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  "I have begun to pray that the Lord will change her circumstances to help her realize that she does have a need for Christ in her life."

So, he would pray that God changes her life so that she turns to him?

[Image: salvation-for-dummies.jpg?w=432&h=432]

Meh. At least he's being consistent with his theology.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Another follow up....

"Thank you all for your prayers for Caitlin. There seems to be no progress toward her making a decision, but we never know what is going on in another's heart. I'm changing my direction in praying for her. Unless you can enlighten me, I know of no place in scripture where we are commanded to pray for the lost, but in Matt.9.37-38, Jesus said, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few, therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." Because workers are needed, I have started praying that the Lord will send one of His workers across Caitlin's path. That's exactly what happened to me when I was 19. I gave no thought to God, but He sent a young man across my path, thus beginning my journey into the kingdom. I'm still praying for Caitlin, but I am adding this additional prayer. Will you join me in this?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm surprised they're not just praying for dude to find a new girlfriend.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
24-04-2015, 09:20 AM
(24-04-2015 09:14 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I'm surprised they're not just praying for dude to find a new girlfriend.

Agreed! Maybe I should get in contact with this girl. She seems great lol
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
24-04-2015, 11:27 AM
This sure goes against the human free will apologetics we hear on this forum all the time.
This is pure psychological and emotional manipulation, this kind of nonsense was one of many reasons I rejected Christianity.

Too bad the guy can't simply say F-you and your religion and move on. Honestly, this woman will be far better off not being part of this insanity.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
24-04-2015, 12:04 PM
(24-04-2015 11:27 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This sure goes against the human free will apologetics we hear on this forum all the time.

He's not asking God to violate her free will; just that he coerce the everloving shit out of her. That's different, and technically doesn't count. Again, he's being shockingly consistent to his theology.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Prayer for a non believer; Biblical standards
Oh the comments might be the best....

"Sadly, the young people of this generation do not think that they need a Saviour...
With ALL of the NewAgeEmergingChurch Theology they hear, Sin&Lostness does not Compute...& no matter how much you may LoveSome1, without the Born-Again experience, the Fallen, Corrupt Human Nature is still Alive&Well and will fight the Believer~
Praying Daily 4These2..."
25-04-2015, 05:13 AM
(24-04-2015 09:51 PM)riseinside Wrote:  Oh the comments might be the best....

"Sadly, the young people of this generation do not think that they need a Saviour...
With ALL of the NewAgeEmergingChurch Theology they hear, Sin&Lostness does not Compute...& no matter how much you may LoveSome1, without the Born-Again experience, the Fallen, Corrupt Human Nature is still Alive&Well and will fight the Believer~
Praying Daily 4These2..."

I was too distracted by the capitalization to process the point. I'm sure it was predictable drivel, anyway.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
26-04-2015, 08:26 AM
(24-04-2015 09:51 PM)riseinside Wrote:  Oh the comments might be the best....

Perhaps it's because the younger people don't think they are in a position they need saving from. Or perhaps they realized that the best way to save yourself from this iron age nonsense is to realize it is nonsense. Just a thought.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-04-2015, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 01:43 AM by Hypatia069.)
(23-04-2015 09:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  So on FB I added the pastor from my old church. I always respected the man and was surprised awhile back to see him in town visiting. He said I should add him on FB so I did. He posts a lot of stuff about god, obviously, and does a weekly 'state of the church' type update. I don't agree but I always find it interesting. He asks that comments be kept to believers, as its not meant as a place for argument, and I respect that.

Yesterday he posted this update.

"An up-date for those of you who are praying for Caitlin. To clarify, my friend that I referred to is my prayer partner and has become very dear to me. He is a believer and loves Caitlin deeply, but, because of biblical standards, cannot marry her unless she is a believer also. It breaks my heart to witness the agony he is going through, but Caitlin appears to have no intention of changing. I have begun to pray that the Lord will change her circumstances to help her realize that she does have a need for Christ in her life. Would you join me in praying that way for her? Thank you so much. I'll keep you informed."

It bothered me. The fact that they are drawing a line between his friend and Caitlin, who the man obviously loves. They are treating her as if there is something wrong with her. Even if its not directly to her face. Its drawing a line in the sand between non believer and believer. He is supporting the mans attitude towards this woman he loves because does not believe.

But it seems nobody else I talk to, who are mostly religious themselves, seems to understand. It bothers me because I also feel these people view me as somebody who needs to change. A project.

I used to be religious at one time. But, I never forced my faith on someone who strongly did not feel the way I did. It is sad that he is trying to change her. First off, I feel that you if love someone, you love them for them;moreover, you do not try to mold them into what you feel they should be. That is just my way of thinking. That is the one thing I hated the most about believers is that they are so judgmental and ready to mold someone into who they think they should be. Confused

If we mean to have heroes, statesmen and philosophers, we should have learned women.

Abigail Adams