Prayer for a non believer; Biblical standards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: Prayer for a non believer; Biblical standards
"Concerning Caitlin, still no observable change. The month hiatus in her relationship with Reece comes to an end on Wednesday. Then what? We don't know, but I'll let you know. Thank you for your prayers."

Just an update on our friend Caitlin. So it seems they have talked this guy into taking a month off from their relationship so she can change and realize his truth is the only truth. And that's the only way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Caitlin should heed the advice of Forest:

[Image: forrest-gump-17.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Hosea and Gomer.

Ask him to explain why this relationship is extolled in scripture.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Prayer up-date: Just finished spending time with my friend, Reece, and, after consulting with Caitlin's aunt, he feels it's time to let her go. My heart is aching for him, but he feels this is the only current course of action to take. I will continue praying for Caitlin, but I understand that many of you have your own pressing concerns. Perhaps some of you could put up a note on your frig, and whenever you see her name, lift her to the Lord. Thank you, all of you, for your support. My hope is that the day will come when I can report good news. Bless you all."

I feel horrible for this woman.
11-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I finally just deleted this person as a friend. I have no problem with having friends on FB (or in real life) that are religious but to ask somebody to end a relationship because one party isn't a believer takes it a step too far. Especially since this person obviously fell in love with her. And now she needs to change to continue in their relationship? And not a single positive thought for Caitlin. Nobody was concerned about her happiness or what this was doing to her.
12-05-2015, 07:24 AM
That sucks balls. I hope Caitlin finds an amazingly happy, religious-free future.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
12-05-2015, 09:24 AM
(12-05-2015 07:24 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  That sucks balls. I hope Caitlin finds an amazingly happy, religious-free future.

I've never had a relationship end over my non belief but as most of us here have experienced I have lost friends over my atheism. Its not fun. It hurts knowing somebody would end a friendship over a difference in belief. I can't imagine what this woman is going through right now.

It still angers me that not a single person seemed to care about Caitlin. What she was going through or how she felt.
13-05-2015, 09:19 AM
(23-04-2015 09:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  So on FB I added the pastor from my old church. I always respected the man and was surprised awhile back to see him in town visiting. He said I should add him on FB so I did. He posts a lot of stuff about god, obviously, and does a weekly 'state of the church' type update. I don't agree but I always find it interesting. He asks that comments be kept to believers, as its not meant as a place for argument, and I respect that.

Yesterday he posted this update.

"An up-date for those of you who are praying for Caitlin. To clarify, my friend that I referred to is my prayer partner and has become very dear to me. He is a believer and loves Caitlin deeply, but, because of biblical standards, cannot marry her unless she is a believer also. It breaks my heart to witness the agony he is going through, but Caitlin appears to have no intention of changing. I have begun to pray that the Lord will change her circumstances to help her realize that she does have a need for Christ in her life. Would you join me in praying that way for her? Thank you so much. I'll keep you informed."

It bothered me. The fact that they are drawing a line between his friend and Caitlin, who the man obviously loves. They are treating her as if there is something wrong with her. Even if its not directly to her face. Its drawing a line in the sand between non believer and believer. He is supporting the mans attitude towards this woman he loves because does not believe.

But it seems nobody else I talk to, who are mostly religious themselves, seems to understand. It bothers me because I also feel these people view me as somebody who needs to change. A project.

(12-05-2015 09:24 AM)riseinside Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 07:24 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  That sucks balls. I hope Caitlin finds an amazingly happy, religious-free future.

I've never had a relationship end over my non belief but as most of us here have experienced I have lost friends over my atheism. Its not fun. It hurts knowing somebody would end a friendship over a difference in belief. I can't imagine what this woman is going through right now.

It still angers me that not a single person seemed to care about Caitlin. What she was going through or how she felt.

The original post from the preacher says nothing about what Caitlin wants. Maybe she doesn't want to have anything to do with the bigoted motherfucker who thinks he loves her and wants her to change her beliefs for him!

I'd post on the FB page and ask, "What are Caitlin's feelings about the guy? Does she want to marry him? According to your religion, is she allowed to have a say? Not arguing about religion here, just asking, because if she thinks he's a creep, you can save your breath and stop praying for her to be converted just so a guy she doesn't want to have anything to do with can ask her to become his property."

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
13-05-2015, 10:12 AM
(13-05-2015 09:19 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 09:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  So on FB I added the pastor from my old church. I always respected the man and was surprised awhile back to see him in town visiting. He said I should add him on FB so I did. He posts a lot of stuff about god, obviously, and does a weekly 'state of the church' type update. I don't agree but I always find it interesting. He asks that comments be kept to believers, as its not meant as a place for argument, and I respect that.

Yesterday he posted this update.

"An up-date for those of you who are praying for Caitlin. To clarify, my friend that I referred to is my prayer partner and has become very dear to me. He is a believer and loves Caitlin deeply, but, because of biblical standards, cannot marry her unless she is a believer also. It breaks my heart to witness the agony he is going through, but Caitlin appears to have no intention of changing. I have begun to pray that the Lord will change her circumstances to help her realize that she does have a need for Christ in her life. Would you join me in praying that way for her? Thank you so much. I'll keep you informed."

It bothered me. The fact that they are drawing a line between his friend and Caitlin, who the man obviously loves. They are treating her as if there is something wrong with her. Even if its not directly to her face. Its drawing a line in the sand between non believer and believer. He is supporting the mans attitude towards this woman he loves because does not believe.

But it seems nobody else I talk to, who are mostly religious themselves, seems to understand. It bothers me because I also feel these people view me as somebody who needs to change. A project.

(12-05-2015 09:24 AM)riseinside Wrote:  I've never had a relationship end over my non belief but as most of us here have experienced I have lost friends over my atheism. Its not fun. It hurts knowing somebody would end a friendship over a difference in belief. I can't imagine what this woman is going through right now.

The original post from the preacher says nothing about what Caitlin wants. Maybe she doesn't want to have anything to do with the bigoted motherfucker who thinks he loves her and wants her to change her beliefs for him!

I'd post on the FB page and ask, "What are Caitlin's feelings about the guy? Does she want to marry him? According to your religion, is she allowed to have a say? Not arguing about religion here, just asking, because if she thinks he's a creep, you can save your breath and stop praying for her to be converted just so a guy she doesn't want to have anything to do with can ask her to become his property."

From what I gather they had been together for awhile and the problem only came up when they felt it was time to get married. And according to his religion they couldn't get married if she was a non believer. So up to that point she was good enough to be in a relationship with but not marriage. He fell in love with her and accepted her as she was. But the church steps in and says no, you can't get married if she is a non believer. But why didn't he have a problem before?
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
13-05-2015, 02:18 PM
(13-05-2015 10:12 AM)riseinside Wrote:  From what I gather they had been together for awhile and the problem only came up when they felt it was time to get married. And according to his religion they couldn't get married if she was a non believer. So up to that point she was good enough to be in a relationship with but not marriage. He fell in love with her and accepted her as she was. But the church steps in and says no, you can't get married if she is a non believer. But why didn't he have a problem before?

Not at all surprising: Religious bigots have no problem about fooling around with women they do not respect (women who do not conform to their bigoted religious fake-morality). But they only want to marry someone who conforms to their (again) bigoted religious idea of "purity." E.g., she has to be a virgin, even if he is not, she has to be well-regarded in his church, she has to be modest, she has to be willing to devote her life to him, follow him anywhere, quit her career, and cook, clean, and have babies for him.

The double standards in Bible-thumping churches are overwhelming.

I say to this Caitlin woman: Dump the motherfucker already!

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines