Prayer in Government

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 01:04 PM
RE: Prayer in Government
(05-05-2014 11:07 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So tired of hearing this crap and how they just cannot have some balls and eliminate prayer where it contributes nothing to the agenda. Our Supreme Court is a bunch of pansies!

(05-05-2014 12:38 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Why were they the "pussies" that the other poster described them as???
Reading problems too. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-05-2014, 01:06 PM
(05-05-2014 11:07 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Why is there such a double standard still in existence within our government concerning separation of church and state. ARGH! So tired of hearing this crap and how they just cannot have some balls and eliminate prayer where it contributes nothing to the agenda.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05...66930.html

Our Supreme Court is a bunch of pansies!
Too many politicians are worried about their next election instead of doing what's right. It will be hilarious some day when atheists are the majority and they don't notice and actually lose votes by their lack of ethical standards.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-05-2014, 01:29 PM
(05-05-2014 01:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Too many politicians are worried about their next election instead of doing what's right. It will be hilarious some day when atheists are the majority and they don't notice and actually lose votes by their lack of ethical standards.

Are you implying that, just by the virtue of being an atheist the person has better reasoning and recognizes the corrupt politician from the honest more reasonable candidate?

Are you implying that the reasonable candidates are available, now, and that it is because the religious types are stupid, as why we have corruption???

Does it ever seem strange that the Court Justices are never unanimous in their rulings???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
05-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Just the fact that our highest court has to give this issue any attention is sort of what bothers me the most. Yeah it may not endorse or discriminate any particular religions or faith groups, but as long as it is allowed in this arena the controversy will never stop. Just make it a personal thing and get rid of it in group meetings.

Oh and TW - not sure what world you live in or come from, but I do not want to visit your end of crazytown.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
05-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Oh, the irony.

You describe a fucked up system that has an impact on you, and then you claim that I am crazy???

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
05-05-2014, 02:52 PM
(05-05-2014 01:29 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 01:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Too many politicians are worried about their next election instead of doing what's right. It will be hilarious some day when atheists are the majority and they don't notice and actually lose votes by their lack of ethical standards.

Are you implying that, just by the virtue of being an atheist the person has better reasoning and recognizes the corrupt politician from the honest more reasonable candidate?

Are you implying that the reasonable candidates are available, now, and that it is because the religious types are stupid, as why we have corruption???

Does it ever seem strange that the Court Justices are never unanimous in their rulings???
No, no, and no.
Can you say "strawman"?

05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
How is it that the politicians are "not doing right," and how does it effect the Court Justices to make such an outrageous ruling?

How are atheists going to make a difference concerning the politicians ethics, if atheists are in the majority?

05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
(05-05-2014 03:28 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  How is it that the politicians are "not doing right," and how does it effect the Court Justices to make such an outrageous ruling?

How are atheists going to make a difference concerning the politicians ethics, if atheists are in the majority?

Ask again when you put the tube of glue away for good, and get a few professional sessions in for that obvious rage problem.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
05-05-2014, 03:36 PM
(05-05-2014 03:28 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  How is it that the politicians are "not doing right," and how does it effect the Court Justices to make such an outrageous ruling?

The politicians are not doing right by their failure to separate church and state.
None of the rest is what I said. Try reading again.

05-05-2014, 03:41 PM
You all realize you are trying to talk sense to a man that lives off the grid right? He isn't playing by government mandated rules and doesn't intend to.

Cue nasty insults since he also hates women...won't be the first time he has threatened me and my family. Course he got away with that too, cause he is apparently special.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF