Prayer in social media

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: Prayer in social media
It'd be funny if we all posted some sort of sarcastic prayer on social media. Praying to universe or just plain stupid stuff Laugh out load. Just to see the reactions. I may actually try that.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
13-12-2015, 04:16 PM
(17-11-2015 09:24 PM)smeli Wrote:  I'm not really sure in which forum I should post this, and I'd actually rather ask religious people but I don't think they would answer. Smile If any of you used to be religious but are now atheists, maybe you can explain.

There are a lot of religious people who use social media to post prayers, especially on Facebook. Do the people who post a "dear god" followed by words followed by "amen" genuinely think there is a deity who will read their post on the Internet and grant their wish? Do those same people think there is an invisible deity who uses a smart phone or laptop to access social media sites?

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but it's hard to word those questions in a way that doesn't leave such an impression. I'm just trying to understand whether people who post their version of a prayer on a web page somewhere actually think it will do any good. I would think something along the lines of, "My thoughts are with you during this difficult time" would help the intended target feel much better, as opposed to words directed at an invisible (non-existent) being.

I think it's social attention whoring and faddism.

Maybe that too simple an explanation but I don't think there's any real thought that goes into it, just pandering to the media craze and the "keeping up with the Jones'" mentality.

My FB is nothing but atheists. I don't friend request others and don't accept any that aren't atheist. I have no tolerance for religious BS postings on my timeline. I would just call them out and then be deleted. I can barely stand FB anyway.
Laugh out load

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Prayer in social media
I had posted something about prayer not being effective in regard to to recent events. No hate messages but the usual "action helps but so does prayer" BS.
13-12-2015, 10:07 PM
(13-12-2015 02:12 PM)izel Wrote:  It'd be funny if we all posted some sort of sarcastic prayer on social media. Praying to universe or just plain stupid stuff Laugh out load. Just to see the reactions. I may actually try that.

You should do it. Christmas is the perfect time to do shit like that. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Prayer in social media
O Grand Existence, on this day I pray to you, the holiest holy of holies. I thank you for your rationality and your unctuous ubiquity. I thank you from the entire universe down to the quarks and leptons. You are both as strong as a supernova yet as still as matter at absolute zero. You are my energy and my matter. From your entropy to mine, I pray. Mena.

Mena being the opposite of amen. It sucks but it's a start. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
14-12-2015, 06:03 AM
(13-12-2015 10:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  O Grand Existence, on this day I pray to you, the holiest holy of holies. I thank you for your rationality and your unctuous ubiquity. I thank you from the entire universe down to the quarks and leptons. You are both as strong as a supernova yet as still as matter at absolute zero. You are my energy and my matter. From your entropy to mine, I pray. Mena.

Mena being the opposite of amen. It sucks but it's a start. Smile

hahaha do it clockwork Laughat

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
14-12-2015, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2015 09:27 AM by izel.)
[Image: Untitled_1.png]

This is a bad idea Hobo

1 Like = 1 Prayer
14-12-2015, 06:18 AM
A picture popped up on my Facebook feed today of a pile of money. It says "Money will locate you before this month ends. If you beleive type and share Don't ignore this" then says 'Type AMEN and share moneys in your near future'

Spelling and punctuation not corrected.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-12-2015, 06:21 AM
(14-12-2015 06:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  A picture popped up on my Facebook feed today of a pile of money. It says "Money will locate you before this month ends. If you beleive type and share Don't ignore this" then says 'Type AMEN and share moneys in your near future'

Facepalm

There are lots of these. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-12-2015, 06:25 AM
(14-12-2015 06:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 06:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  A picture popped up on my Facebook feed today of a pile of money. It says "Money will locate you before this month ends. If you beleive type and share Don't ignore this" then says 'Type AMEN and share moneys in your near future'

Facepalm

There are lots of these. Tongue

Too many! It's today's version of the chain letter. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?