Prayer never fails!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 02:37 AM
Prayer never fails!
Prayer never fails. Ever. That's why it's so powerful. Prayer is an impenetrable phalanx. But that's what makes it garbage. You might not get what you want or need. But god still gave you an answer. Apparently he always answers prayers in one of three ways. Yes, maybe and no. How do you know which answer you've been given? Well you've gotta PUSH of course. That's Pray Until Something Happens. If you give up after praying for months and months, then you were just one prayer away from getting that yes. It's your fault. You gave up.

Sometimes god can answer you with a maybe. What I never asked while I was a believer is what that means exactly. Is god unsure of something? What exactly is maybe? Maybe I'll cure you of cancer? Maybe I'll help you financially? Maybe, maybe, maybe you can suck my dick!

God can also actually answer you in the affirmative. But why is it something that was bound to happen anyway? Something I worked hard for? When you achieve your goals through your hard work, the first one in line to receive the credit is god. When things go bad the first one in line to receive the tongue lashing is Satan. If it's something god wants me to have then why should I ask? Shouldn't god exercise some of his famous generosity and give it to me anyway without asking? This asking business is more like begging. That's right, begging. You're like a dog standing on its hind legs waiting for it's master to toss the treat in his hand. Pathetic! Praying for the same thing over and over and over again is just stupid.

When god says no to your prayer, it's because he didn't want you to have that thing. It's the good ol' ask me anything but I'll give you what I want you to have routine. I guess he didn't want you to have good health. Pretty strange for a guy like Jesus to deny someone something like that. You know, once I heard a very ridiculous story. A woman told me there was this beautiful woman. She was in a really bad motor accident and lost her foot. The woman telling the story said god knew that all the men would want her and fight over her. This wouldn't happen anymore because she lost her foot. Perhaps this is why god won't heal amputees.

Then they say god can speak through a bill board, a little child, your radio while you're inching your way through the traffic jam etc etc. If you think god didn't answer your prayer it's because you missed it. Essentially we're expected to be on alert mode 100% of the day. You could live to regret changing that radio station. So keep the dial on 4. But what if god is doing his random question and answers session on the 5th station? Too bad! It's like Nightmare On Elm Street! You're not struggling to stay awake to avoid Freddy, you're struggling to be alert all times of the day. Anything a stranger or lil' child says can have an embedded message from god. He answered and you missed it. When prayer doesn't work its always your fault.

Prayer is crap.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like BlackMason's post
19-11-2013, 03:06 AM
RE: Prayer never fails!
Prayer works best for hangovers and lost car keys.
Also short odds sports teams.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
22-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Well said my man. Bookmarked this page.

Music is my religion
- Jimi Hendrix
[+] 1 user Likes guitarist's post
22-12-2013, 10:15 AM
I usually still resort to prayer for some things. I can't help myself. Sporey is right about hangovers and lost car keys. Prayer is great for those. If I pray long enough I always find my keys or get over my hangover.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
[+] 1 user Likes LostandInsecure's post
22-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Well, praying isn't going to give you what you ask for. But, it is one of the reasons that religion is so convincing to so many.

Praying releases dopamine to the brain. So does meditation, eating chocolate and hot foods, chanting, exercise and what not.

Praying makes people sort out what is important to them. You can't pray for everything, you have to pick stuff.

Praying gives you the feeling that there is someone on and by your side. (Imaginary friend). That gives you strength.

These are the things that get people hooked on praying and religion. You can get the same by doing other stuff, but indoctrination and peer pressure guides people to religion for it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Prayer, the magic 8 ball of religion.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 4 users Like grizzlysnake's post
02-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Chocolate is a much more fun way to get to the dopamine, without the prayer angst.

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
07-01-2014, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:52 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Agreed. I was thinking of making an email about prayer, but changed my mind.

It's nice that some people get a fuzzy feeling out of it, but my former Christian religion would throw in some guilt trip requirement. Many Christians I've met thought it was a good thing to mentally beat ones self down for God through prayer. It was considered an act of responsibility and discipline for God. When we prayed to God we had to ask him to forgive our sins to come clean of whatever.

I now think that if it's an obligation to feel guilty about something, might as well be a little naughty. Otherwise, they might pick on their own weight or some unstoppable thought process that God hated.

The line they would start the prayer at church went something like this.

"Lord please help us forgive others who have trespassed against us as you have forgiven our trespasses against you." The rest was typical random stuff.

If you didn't forgive someone else, God wasn't going to forgive you. Dying before you forgave them sent you to hell. That part of it really pisses me off these days. Personally, I don't consider prayer and act that benefits mental health.

Yes? No? Maybe?
24-04-2014, 11:28 AM
You. I like you. if you are still on here, we should be friends. Smile

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking