Prayer onChristian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 03:57 AM
I don't know why I go to these places, as it always puts me in a state of rage.

The most recent thing Ive seen is a member of the forum asking for others to pray for them about an illness. The other members then proceeded to type out these prayers and dedicate them to the OP.

When I checked the member list I saw that god wasn't a member of the forum, how could he see these prayer requests?

And how does god know who 'Believer87' is so he can answer that prayer?

I thought technology was supposed to create avenues of awareness and knowledge.. Not create more ways for people to be fucking stupid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Omniscience is the answer. Don't matter if you think it, write it, type it, puke it or fuck it. He knows you know.

I feel.your pain though, I often dip into the christian forums and subsequently feel the need to crush my fingers in a vice. There must be a medical term for it.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
12-05-2015, 04:12 AM
RE: Prayer onChristian Forums
(12-05-2015 04:07 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  There must be a medical term for it.

I think its called REALITY
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
12-05-2015, 07:48 AM
I feel the same bubbling rage in my testicles when I see people asking for prayers on Facebook.
12-05-2015, 08:24 AM
I have one for you. Last night at my softball game (it is a church league) the batter got a really nice hit and his wife in the crowd said to her friend, "well it looks like the lord finally got him out of his slump". I really had to bite my tongue not to say "you know that someone just starved to death which is 100% preventable, but god is too busy getting your man out of his batting slump to do something about it." So apparently, god cares more about this guys batting average then a starving person. Facepalm

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
12-05-2015, 09:53 AM
(12-05-2015 08:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have one for you. Last night at my softball game (it is a church league) the batter got a really nice hit and his wife in the crowd said to her friend, "well it looks like the lord finally got him out of his slump". I really had to bite my tongue not to say "you know that someone just starved to death which is 100% preventable, but god is too busy getting your man out of his batting slump to do something about it." So apparently, god cares more about this guys batting average then a starving person. Facepalm

Plus there's no credit for the poor lad who has worked hard and upped his game, no, it was god
12-05-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm actually surprised they don't have a Prayer thread like we have a Rant thread, seems to fill all the similar voids they hold in.

Notice I've never gone to that forum, I'm told I hold in the boiling rage and one day it will rise up.Evil_monsterCensored

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-05-2015, 10:42 AM
You should ask them why they don't believe in the plan god has for them, and why they feel they need to change it. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-05-2015, 11:42 AM
(12-05-2015 08:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have one for you. Last night at my softball game (it is a church league) the batter got a really nice hit and his wife in the crowd said to her friend, "well it looks like the lord finally got him out of his slump". I really had to bite my tongue not to say "you know that someone just starved to death which is 100% preventable, but god is too busy getting your man out of his batting slump to do something about it." So apparently, god cares more about this guys batting average then a starving person. Facepalm

That's easy, free will. The man in the slump probably prayed and worked at it so that God rewarded the man's desire to get better. Plus, church softball can be a way to spread the word. The poor and starving, OTOH, are opportunities for Christians to show the glory of God. So the poor serve a purpose...Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Plan 9 from OS's post
12-05-2015, 12:06 PM
(12-05-2015 11:42 AM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  

That's easy, free will. The man in the slump probably prayed and worked at it so that God rewarded the man's desire to get better. Plus, church softball can be a way to spread the word. The poor and starving, OTOH, are opportunities for Christians to show the glory of God. So the poor serve a purpose...Rolleyes

I know you meant this as sarcasm, but why do I have a feeling that if this was posted on a religious forum it would go right over their heads? And that they would agree with you fully.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan