Prayer onChristian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Prayer onChristian Forums
On Saturday I took my son to a kids birthday party and there was a woman there who said her church was having a 24 hour prayer for funding and support. She had signed up to pray at the 1am hour time slot. I can't understand why anyone would need to pray for their god to keep their church open. Apparently he doesn't favor this church.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 01:07 PM
(12-05-2015 11:42 AM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  That's easy, free will. The man in the slump probably prayed and worked at it so that God rewarded the man's desire to get better. Plus, church softball can be a way to spread the word. The poor and starving, OTOH, are opportunities for Christians to show the glory of God. So the poor serve a purpose...Rolleyes

More like the free will of god to ignore people who actually need help. Screw those Africans, Joe needs a double!!!

(12-05-2015 12:50 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  On Saturday I took my son to a kids birthday party and there was a woman there who said her church was having a 24 hour prayer for funding and support. She had signed up to pray at the 1am hour time slot. I can't understand why anyone would need to pray for their god to keep their church open. Apparently he doesn't favor this church.

It is satan trying to stop the spread of the gospel. I bet it eventually will go that way. What really makes me laugh is that nowhere in the bible that I am aware of does it say that satan gives a shit about people's souls or things like that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-05-2015, 02:13 PM
It is satan trying to stop the spread of the gospel. I bet it eventually will go that way. What really makes me laugh is that nowhere in the bible that I am aware of does it say that satan gives a shit about people's souls or things like that.
[/quote]

Folk belief. And a non violent lazy way to scare people into staying In church and pay tithing.