Prayer: the Ultimate Selfish Conceit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 04:27 AM
RE: Prayer: the Ultimate Selfish Conceit
(24-02-2015 03:40 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Prayer = a lack of faith in your gods plan.
Simple as that

When you pray, you are asking god to change his plan because it doesn't benefit you or because it may harm you or others you know.

Prayer often means that you don't believe that your god is good or you don't believe that your god has any morals and needs your guidance.

"Dear god, please save Timmy's life."
G-"Do you think I don't know about Timmy and his condition ?"

"Of course you know."
G-"Do you know if Timmy lives a good long life, that will mean that his actions and the actions of his great great grand children will prevent a vaccine from being discovered 100 years from now ? Billions will die without that vaccine. Do you want that to happen ?"

"Sorry, not buying this bullshit. Millions have died in the past from other diseases. You didn't provide a vaccine for those people."
G-"I was having an angel parade and we were low on angels."

"I'm obviously talking to myself."
G-"Obviously "

Bravo! Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2015, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 06:11 AM by TheInquisition.)
(23-02-2015 01:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 09:14 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Awesome post Ak, out of all of the almost infinite explanations for events that occur in the universe, the god explanation is one of the worst default positions. It's simply a resignation of the intellect to understand those events.

Then perhaps you have an explanation as to how the law of conservation of matter was suspended when the universe either first appeared or was "always here"?

Since your bi-bull says god "spoke" it into existence, perhaps you can explain how god was able to do this seemingly impossible thing, because god is "supernatural"?
If you really are concerned with "the law of conservation of energy", why doesn't this Sumerian-derived creation myth give you pause to question it's validity?

BTW-If god supposedly spoke everything into existence, why did he change his methodology of creation with Adam and Eve, using dust to create Adam Laugh out load and then using Adam's rib to create Eve? Careful your mythology is showing. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-02-2015, 01:12 PM
All,

1. You clearly have a double standard where there are gaps in knowledge; if the universe just "is" how come God just "isn't", especially since billions of people have encountered a god(s) and no one was there for the origin of the universe?

2. Respectfully #1 is because no one is even attempting or has attempted to address my questions re: the Big Bang, Steady State and Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy. Note that in TheInquistion's recent post, he says (paraphrasing) "Why do you worry about a natural law being not in force when the Sumerian creation myth seems circumspect?" Gosh, why would I or any atheist "worry" about the cessation of natural law, that is, someone happening outside natural law? Wink

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2015, 01:18 PM
(24-02-2015 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

1. You clearly have a double standard where there are gaps in knowledge; if the universe just "is" how come God just "isn't", especially since billions of people have encountered a god(s) and no one was there for the origin of the universe?

2. Respectfully #1 is because no one is even attempting or has attempted to address my questions re: the Big Bang, Steady State and Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy. Note that in TheInquistion's recent post, he says (paraphrasing) "Why do you worry about a natural law being not in force when the Sumerian creation myth seems circumspect?" Gosh, why would I or any atheist "worry" about the cessation of natural law, that is, someone happening outside natural law? Wink

"What, my dear Lady Disdain! are you yet living?"

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
24-02-2015, 03:11 PM

Evidence is the difference. There is no evidence that anyone, anywhere, has ever encountered any gods.

Quote:2. Respectfully #1 is because no one is even attempting or has attempted to address my questions re: the Big Bang, Steady State and Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy. Note that in TheInquistion's recent post, he says (paraphrasing) "Why do you worry about a natural law being not in force when the Sumerian creation myth seems circumspect?" Gosh, why would I or any atheist "worry" about the cessation of natural law, that is, someone happening outside natural law? Wink

Respectfully? No, you show no respect for facts or evidence. You just continue to spam this forum with your silly, incoherent lying for Jesus.

It is amazing that you have not been banned yet.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2015, 03:33 PM

"especially since billions of people have encountered a god(s)"

Only in the same sense children "encounter" tooth faries.
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post