Praying for Rain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: Praying for Rain
(24-02-2014 11:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 11:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Didn't texas try that? I seem to recall reading about that....

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/201...d-prayers/

Yessum this would have been in 2011 when Rick Perry was a major candidate for the republican nominee.
I though so. Seems I recall also lots of forest fires while the people prayed for that rain...

People are crazy.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Any atheists in the area should show up and start praying to a nearby lamppost or wall or something. So when they claim the predicted rain was from God, we can insist it was actually the magical inanimate object.
24-02-2014, 03:28 PM
What if the deluded believer prays hard for rain and it does come eventually as an intense storm, which causes rivers to flood their banks and destroy property and drown someone? How do they feel in that case? Seems like they should take responsibility if the action of prayer actually brings results. I bet they would not blame it on an answered prayer then. Oh it bothers me to no end when they think they need prayer to control what is already a predictable cycle of events, that we understand and monitor completely. DOLTS!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
26-02-2014, 08:07 PM
BTW...

It rained here today...a lot...

26-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Using their method of thought, perhaps I can rewind my television and win the lottery!

Can't hurt to try!