Praying to a Omniscience god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Praying to a Omniscience god
I have heard enough prayers around me already! Christians plz ask yourselves why the hell would you pray to a god that knew what you want already? Let me use an example here:

That psychopath is beating you hard. Say he is enjoying this "process":

1. If you pray and god saved you, it fail to protect the psychopath's free will of torturing others. Thus it can't do so or else the problem of evil will stay around, right?

2.If it did nothing, it didn't listen to your prayers.

3. If no one else's free will is envolved (say you are trapped in a collasped building in an earthquake) and it saved you since you prayed hard, why bother praying? It already knew what you want and why the hack do you need to pray?

4.Besides it has the ability to save everyone but only choose to do so when you pray, that means it is a real cold-hearted sick...dude since it would like to hear you begging for survival before letting you barely live.

5.Oh and remember if you survived you didn't made it to the heaven (for a while) so that means it didn't gave you the best outcome (ascending to heaven is the best thing ever, right?) thus it is not giving the best thing to you. So it is not omnibenevolence since it didn't help its beloved creations.

6.If you die eventually, your prayer clearly did nothing.

From above, I came to a conclusion that praying can do nothing.

I got Dysgraphia and i am not living in the US so plz forgive my poor english.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: Praying to a Omniscience god
Prayer is pretending to do something while actually doing nothing but talk to yourself.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
27-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Prayer is just a Theory.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
27-11-2013, 09:21 AM
(27-11-2013 08:51 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Prayer is just a Theory.

which is belived and spreaded by christians?

27-11-2013, 09:21 AM
(27-11-2013 08:51 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Prayer is just a Theory.

I thought is was a metaphor. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2013, 09:22 AM
(27-11-2013 08:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Prayer is pretending to do something while actually doing nothing but talk to yourself.

As an atheist, when I am talking to myself then I am certain that I am talking to myself instead of a non-exsistant being

[+] 1 user Likes bustead's post
27-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I have a friend on FB who has a daughter undergoing a medical procedure. He said "Let's pray that it is God's will that she gets better."

What the crap!? I can see something like "Let's pray that she gets better", or even "Let's pray that God makes her better", but what he said was just crazy. It's like he pulled the curtain back, looked, realized that his petition has no effect whatsoever, and asked anyway!

It should be more like "Let's hope that my inane requests don't piss off God."
27-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Jesus spoke often to his immediate followers ...his disciples. He gave only ONE public address. It takes about 5 minutes to read. Its in Matthew 5-7. ITs called the sermon on the mount. In it Jesus is telling people not to show off in giving charity...but give in secret, and not to show off by appearing religious. Don't pray in the road or in the synagog (Church) but ....Go to your ROOM and pray in SECRET.

With that in mind...ask any Christian you meet if their religion teaches them to pray in church, or to pray in public such as at political meetings, sporting events, in the class room, or around the flag pole. Hmmm! This isn't going home and praying in SECRET now is it?

Ask if they are taught to pray using special postures such as folding their hands and bowing their heads so that EVERYONE will see how religious and pious they are. Hmmmm! This isn't exactly praying in Secret either now is it?

What about those folks that ANNOUNCE ...they will pray for you? Are they...praying in secret? I don't think so, what do you all think!

Hold up your right hand. That's 5 fingers. This teaching is from Jesus so its new testament. Start in the 5th chapter of Mathew and read Matthew 5-7. (Matthew is the first book of the New Testament). It will take about 5 minutes to read.

Note that Jesus view of his followers publically praying is VERY useful when you find groups praying outside family planning clinics and other such places.

Ask a Christian if they can possibly be in a true Christian religion IF their religion is teaching something that directly disagrees with Jesus teachings. Does their church have their members pray IN church? Read what Jesus says again when he forbids that. Is their ANY modern Christian denomination that does not pray in church?

Sometimes you need to get that persons particular brand of fundamentalism to loosen its grip on them before you can speak to them further.

Also re Prayer...is prayer helpful, harmless or harmful to medical patients? This question was considered worthy of study. Even if it was some form of placebo effect, it would be worth trying if it worked in some way and the patient is dying. We could continue praying for the sick while we figured out why it worked and then move to something more secular later. Feel free to review the medical literature re these studies. It was actually found to be harmful to send in clergy to pray over patients.
[+] 2 users Like KatherineRogers's post
27-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Prayer is a rebellious act in which you disagree with god's plan and ask, what you believe to be, the wisest being in the universe to change his perfect plan so it benefits YOU.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
27-11-2013, 02:54 PM
(27-11-2013 07:21 AM)bustead Wrote:  I have heard enough prayers around me already! Christians plz ask yourselves why the hell would you pray to a god that knew what you want already? Let me use an example here:

That psychopath is beating you hard. Say he is enjoying this "process":

1. If you pray and god saved you, it fail to protect the psychopath's free will of torturing others. Thus it can't do so or else the problem of evil will stay around, right?

2.If it did nothing, it didn't listen to your prayers.

3. If no one else's free will is envolved (say you are trapped in a collasped building in an earthquake) and it saved you since you prayed hard, why bother praying? It already knew what you want and why the hack do you need to pray?

4.Besides it has the ability to save everyone but only choose to do so when you pray, that means it is a real cold-hearted sick...dude since it would like to hear you begging for survival before letting you barely live.

5.Oh and remember if you survived you didn't made it to the heaven (for a while) so that means it didn't gave you the best outcome (ascending to heaven is the best thing ever, right?) thus it is not giving the best thing to you. So it is not omnibenevolence since it didn't help its beloved creations.

6.If you die eventually, your prayer clearly did nothing.

From above, I came to a conclusion that praying can do nothing.

I don't pray that much because of God's omniscience. As the Bible says, "When standing before a king let your words be few..."

Prayer comes from wanting to get close to God's love and benevolence.