Praying to a Omniscience god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Praying to a Omniscience god
I'd say prayer is an attempt at comfort, that someone/thing actually care enough about what happening to little ol' you to alter your life enough to make it a little better. But what's the point if when that being doesn't do something that you want? Just say that it's for your own good, even if it seems terrible? Or that you weren't good enough to receive what you asked for, even if it was something for someone else you love? For me though, prayer was mostly just me blabbing to someone who actually wanted to listen to me which was refreshing since I didn't really have friends to talk to. Once I realized I was just whispering to myself, I tried not to feel too stupid about it because it really did help me vent out what I was feeling at the time. I guess that's all that prayer really about to, bitching and or begging.

Still I kind of wonder what general effects prayer is suppose to have on the brain. I'm thinking that I've seen a documentary a long while ago on it but all I can really find at the moment is this small vid --> http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/th...prayer.htm

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 09:16 PM
(27-11-2013 02:54 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Prayer comes from wanting to get close to God's love and benevolence.

So, you pray in the hopes that your god will spank you like you do your children? Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-11-2013, 09:20 PM
(27-11-2013 09:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 02:54 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Prayer comes from wanting to get close to God's love and benevolence.

So, you pray in the hopes that your god will spank you like you do your children? Consider

Now, now, let's not start hitting on unrelated topics, EK.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-11-2013, 10:12 PM
A godly being does not have the attribute of benevolence in a world that contains suffering by the millions.
Nor is there any love or empathy.

So really, who are you praying to ?
Are you praying to the god who doesn't give a flying fuck ?
Because that god and the god who doesn't exist act exactly in the same manner and share the exact same attributes.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
27-11-2013, 10:16 PM
(27-11-2013 07:21 AM)bustead Wrote:  I have heard enough prayers around me already! Christians plz ask yourselves why the hell would you pray to a god that knew what you want already? Let me use an example here:

That psychopath is beating you hard. Say he is enjoying this "process":

1. If you pray and god saved you, it fail to protect the psychopath's free will of torturing others. Thus it can't do so or else the problem of evil will stay around, right?

2.If it did nothing, it didn't listen to your prayers.

3. If no one else's free will is envolved (say you are trapped in a collasped building in an earthquake) and it saved you since you prayed hard, why bother praying? It already knew what you want and why the hack do you need to pray?

4.Besides it has the ability to save everyone but only choose to do so when you pray, that means it is a real cold-hearted sick...dude since it would like to hear you begging for survival before letting you barely live.

5.Oh and remember if you survived you didn't made it to the heaven (for a while) so that means it didn't gave you the best outcome (ascending to heaven is the best thing ever, right?) thus it is not giving the best thing to you. So it is not omnibenevolence since it didn't help its beloved creations.

6.If you die eventually, your prayer clearly did nothing.

From above, I came to a conclusion that praying can do nothing.

When I pray to my omniscient God, it's not a matter of who knows what and correcting the problem, it's just a spiritually important act of communing with your Creator.
27-11-2013, 11:01 PM
(27-11-2013 08:51 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Prayer is just a Theory.

[Image: 20120622052737!Rofl.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-11-2013, 11:15 PM
(27-11-2013 09:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So, you pray in the hopes that your god will spank you like you do your children? Consider

Now, now, let's not start hitting on unrelated topics, EK.

What? It's not like opinions exists within vacuums. Besides, unlike Taq, I at least tried to be somewhat creative and/or witty with my usage. Sleepy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
27-11-2013, 11:16 PM
(27-11-2013 09:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, I have a friend on FB who has a daughter undergoing a medical procedure. He said "Let's pray that it is God's will that she gets better."

What the crap!? I can see something like "Let's pray that she gets better", or even "Let's pray that God makes her better", but what he said was just crazy. It's like he pulled the curtain back, looked, realized that his petition has no effect whatsoever, and asked anyway!

It should be more like "Let's hope that my inane requests don't piss off God."
It's like some sort of tragic comedy. So scared, and yet still so OCD-locked into the batshit crazy claims of their superstitions. Fucking sad. I mean, break-your-heart, bring-tears-to-your-eyes, fucking sad.

27-11-2013, 11:16 PM
(27-11-2013 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Now, now, let's not start hitting on unrelated topics, EK.

What? It's not like opinions exists within vacuums. Besides, unlike Taq, I at least tried to be somewhat creative and/or witty with my usage. Sleepy

... Never mind, I don't want to end up beating a dead horse.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-11-2013, 11:18 PM
(27-11-2013 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Now, now, let's not start hitting on unrelated topics, EK.

Shocking

HEY. Who said I ever had to be creative or witty?????