'Praying"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 12:47 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: 'Praying"
(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  You're a jerk.

Yep. Any other enlightening observations you'd like to share with us Sherlock?

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  You need to grow up, and get a life.

Says the guy making threats over the internet...

[Image: Internet_Tough_Guy_____by_harbingerSYM.jpg]

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  The more you post, the more stupid you look.

Actually, that's your role here. If you don't like being shown up as the ignorant wank stain that you are, go someplace else and stop posting here.

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  You have no respect for other people.

I have respect for people that have earned it, which in case you haven't noticed, is a group that does not include you. Initially you had the benefit of the doubt, the same as everyone else, which you immediately tossed away by posting your ignorant bullshit and then immediately getting butt-hurt when I called you out on it.

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  It shows your lack of education, and upbringing.

Sure, keep telling yourself that. Intelligence and vitriol are not mutually exclusive fuckface.

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  You must be a humiliation to your family.

Nope. If you must know, my mother worries a bit because I don't call her often enough and she loves me. But don't let that stop you from lying to feel better about yourself; it hasn't prevented you from embracing religion over reality, so why stop now?

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  If I was an atheist, I would hide the fact just so people would not associate me to your kind.

My kind? Oh, you mean the kind that calls out bullshit when they see it?

I can live with that. Drinking Beverage

(05-05-2015 12:51 AM)Domenic Wrote:  There is a word we have for people like you in Italian..."Mareda."

I'm really more of a 'smarmy jackass' while you fall under the purview of 'ignorant cunt', which is English for 'stupid wanker'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-05-2015, 06:06 AM
(01-05-2015 12:36 PM)VegMidiMan Wrote:  A friend posted on Facebook "I got a job after only looking for 6 weeks. GOD DID THIS! Thank you Jesus"

I was SO tempted to say, "no, you got this because you're qualified and they needed an employee with your skills."

The thing that cracks me up about these types of situations is that they're 100% controlled by people. This is a situation where people made a decision to hire him based on merit. As much as Christian apologetics faps to free will, I don't see how there's any wiggle room for God, here. Are they positing that he hijacked their free will to get someone a job? The only way God fits in here is if he sabotaged someone else so they'd get fired to create the job opening, because job openings, job postings, and hiring decisions are all human-based decisions.

Of course, they'll blame free will and absolve God of all responsibility when people do bad things. Cherry-picked theology is cherry picked.

(01-05-2015 12:36 PM)VegMidiMan Wrote:  Another, who's cancer recently went into remission, posted about how it was our prayers that cured her (as expected, nothing about the skills of her doctors).

I don't think most people who pray to God to heal people have really thought through all the possibilities. If God can hear prayers and has to power to cause/cure sickness, there are only three options that will come out of this type of prayer:

1) God caused/let the person get sick because of [mysterious ways], but he is going to heal them, anyway. Praying servers no purpose.

2) God caused/let the person get sick because of [mysterious ways], and will not heal them. Praying servers no purpose.

3) God caused/let the person get sick because of [mysterious ways], but he will only heal them if someone/enough people pray. God is causing/allowing problems for the sole purpose that people ask him to fix things.

That's it. There's no magical fourth option that maintains God's sovereignty while not making him look callous or narcissistic. If they believe the prayer has any chance to work, then they're stuck with option three. I had a roommate in college who would do that kind of shit. He'd secretly cause problems so he could fix them. Everyone fucking hated that guy and we stopped talking to him when we moved out.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
05-05-2015, 06:56 AM
(01-05-2015 12:36 PM)VegMidiMan Wrote:  A friend posted on Facebook "I got a job after only looking for 6 weeks. GOD DID THIS! Thank you Jesus"

Well I got a job in less than a month and didn't mutter a single word of prayer, ergo my non-god is more powerful than your friend's god.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post