Preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Preacher
AMC seems to be making nothing but good choices on it's TV Series. From Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and the like.

Their newest one to come around is Preacher. One of my favorite Graphic Novels.

For those that like to be surprised The look no further because you're walking into Spoiler Terrirory.

A brief Summery of the story is a Preacher get the Power of the word of god. Anything he say's happens. So he makes it a point to hunt down God and make him answer for the shit he put the world threw. He's teams up with an old girlfriend and a drinking buddy with an interesting past.

I don't want to give to much away because the series has a shit load of "whu the fuh" moments that keep you hooked. Great for people that like Dark Comedies.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
12-05-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Preacher
I'm pretty sure I have most, if not all, of the comic books. They were in a collection of assorted comics given to me by a former co-worker. I may have to give them a looksy before the show premiers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2016, 09:12 AM
(12-05-2016 08:14 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I have most, if not all, of the comic books. They were in a collection of assorted comics given to me by a former co-worker. I may have to give them a looksy before the show premiers.

It's well worth it.

A small spoiler (but not really) At one point one of his adversarys has been giving him nothing but a tough time. So he tells the like to go Fuck himself.

So the guy pulls his dick around and proceeds to care out the act.

I like the back story of his drunken Irish partner.

At one point they run into the desendents of Jesus Christ. The group that has been keeping the blood line pure. has been doing so for the last 2000 years. So they've become very inbreed. They have all the powers of Jesus, but are too messed up to do anything really good with them.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
31-05-2016, 08:19 AM
I just randomly picked up the first graphic novel less than a month ago, then some guy mentioned this at work yesterday.

I took a look yesterday at the first episode... I'm definitely going to be watching this. I love its over the top action and violence, like something out of Kickass or Kingsmen.

Cassidy was impossible to understand in the first couple minutes. I'm not sure if he got better, or my babelfish kicked in.

Even those who know nothing about the source material should check it out.