Preacher Blames NZ Quake on Gay Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2016, 09:24 AM
FFS. For me, the worst part is that this doesn't surprise me.

BBC Link

Quote:A 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck South Island last week, killing two people.

Brian Tamaki, leader of the Destiny Church, posted a sermon on Facebook claiming such disasters were caused by sin, and referencing gay marriage.

An online petition calling for the church to be classed as a hate group and lose its tax-free status has been signed by 100,000 people.

What can you say to stupidity of this level?

Quote:"(The book of) Leviticus says that the earth convulses under the weight of certain human sin. That's natural disasters," he said in the video.

Well fuck. All that money we spent mapping and studying the Pacific Ring of Fire was wasted.

Quote:He also spoke about the city of Christchurch, which suffered a devastating 2011 earthquake which killed 185 people, calling it "everything but Christ's Church."

"It had the highest murder rates, it was haven for those who were absolutely anti-Christ in every way. It was the representative from that city that first put in motion gay marriage in this country," he said.

"Blame the victim" at it's worst.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-11-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Preacher Blames NZ Quake on Gay Marriage
Do they have a special school to teach these preachers this kind of stupid --- or does it just come naturally to them?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-11-2016, 11:23 AM
(17-11-2016 09:24 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  FFS. For me, the worst part is that this doesn't surprise me.

BBC Link

Quote:A 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck South Island last week, killing two people.

Brian Tamaki, leader of the Destiny Church, posted a sermon on Facebook claiming such disasters were caused by sin, and referencing gay marriage.

An online petition calling for the church to be classed as a hate group and lose its tax-free status has been signed by 100,000 people.

Quote:"(The book of) Leviticus says that the earth convulses under the weight of certain human sin. That's natural disasters," he said in the video.

Well fuck. All that money we spent mapping and studying the Pacific Ring of Fire was wasted.

Quote:He also spoke about the city of Christchurch, which suffered a devastating 2011 earthquake which killed 185 people, calling it "everything but Christ's Church."

"It had the highest murder rates, it was haven for those who were absolutely anti-Christ in every way. It was the representative from that city that first put in motion gay marriage in this country," he said.

On the plus side you have 100,000 people that think it is stupid.

As for the ring of fire...

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-11-2016, 11:59 AM
(17-11-2016 11:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-11-2016 09:24 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  FFS. For me, the worst part is that this doesn't surprise me.

BBC Link

On the plus side you have 100,000 people that think it is stupid.

As for the ring of fire...

Big Grin
"Ring of Fire", subtitled "Habanero Salsa".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
17-11-2016, 12:11 PM
It's level of stupidity that I'm long accustomed to hear from clergy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-11-2016, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 12:33 PM by epronovost.)
Wait weren't earthquake caused by women being scantily clad? I thought gays were causing hurricans. Abortion also causes global warming. Lets not confuse our causes for natural catastrophy. I have great respect for this preacher, but this earthquake was caused by wicked women like all others. /sarcasm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/29...38781.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...29912.html

https://thinkprogress.org/top-texas-repu....r3tbzs5iy

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
17-11-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm a little curious to know why "God" doesn't strike down places like the Netherlands, the most tolerant and usually the first to advocate for rights that the rest only catch up to recognizing much later, with hurricanes and earthquakes.

Being from Louisiana and having once lived in New Orleans for a summer, I'm still reminded of the preacher who said that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for the gay enclave (and tolerance thereof) in NOLA. Except he didn't seem to realize that the concentration of The Gays mostly lived in the Vieux Carré (improperly called the French Quarter, as it was built by the Spanish, and the term is French for the "Old Quarter"... stupid Americans came in not speaking French and called it the French Quarter because it had a French name), which was one of the only places around there that did NOT flood.

I pointed it out to a couple of my Louisiana relatives who nastily mentioned the "God's Retaliation on sinful NOLA" thing to me: "Either your God has very bad aim or he hates straight people and likes the gays."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-11-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm not talking about this cunt, he's not worth the effort.
I've talked about him plenty in the past and talked about his history. I'm not gonna waste my breath on him anymore, fuck him.

[Image: oscar.png]
17-11-2016, 11:08 PM
(17-11-2016 03:28 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm a little curious to know why "God" doesn't strike down places like the Netherlands, the most tolerant and usually the first to advocate for rights that the rest only catch up to recognizing much later, with hurricanes and earthquakes.

Being from Louisiana and having once lived in New Orleans for a summer, I'm still reminded of the preacher who said that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for the gay enclave (and tolerance thereof) in NOLA. Except he didn't seem to realize that the concentration of The Gays mostly lived in the Vieux Carré (improperly called the French Quarter, as it was built by the Spanish, and the term is French for the "Old Quarter"... stupid Americans came in not speaking French and called it the French Quarter because it had a French name), which was one of the only places around there that did NOT flood.

I pointed it out to a couple of my Louisiana relatives who nastily mentioned the "God's Retaliation on sinful NOLA" thing to me: "Either your God has very bad aim or he hates straight people and likes the gays."

A similar story concerns Key West, filled with gays and untouched by Hurricane Andrew in 1992. The name Key West comes from the English bastardization of the Spanish name Cayo Hueso. The Spanish found Indian burial mounds and called it Bone Key.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post