Preacher hit in head with baseball bat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: Preacher hit in head with baseball bat
(30-05-2016 02:40 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The U.S. Constitution isn't a magic force field capable of stopping bullets. Undecided Or baseball bats.

Actually the Constitution was written on parchment. If properly stretched between two braces to act as a net of sorts, and if its physical strength hasn't degraded too greatly over the centuries, it's possible that it COULD stop a baseball bat.

WITH THE FORCE FIELDS of mutual surface electron repulsion!

And electromagnetism is basically magnets. Fucking magnets, how do THEY work? MAGIC!

.... I'll see myself out.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
30-05-2016, 03:53 PM
(30-05-2016 03:43 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 02:40 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The U.S. Constitution isn't a magic force field capable of stopping bullets. Undecided Or baseball bats.

Actually the Constitution was written on parchment. If properly stretched between two braces to act as a net of sorts, and if its physical strength hasn't degraded too greatly over the centuries, it's possible that it COULD stop a baseball bat.

WITH THE FORCE FIELDS of mutual surface electron repulsion!

And electromagnetism is basically magnets. Fucking magnets, how do THEY work? MAGIC!

.... I'll see myself out.

I would say that that level of preparation for a shield against baseball bats might actually be enough to dissuade all idiots from holding up offensive signs near people who may decide to deal them harm over it. Shy

But it won't be. Undecided

Hopefully someone will turn it into a Darwin Award meme so we can all then laugh at the occurrence. Tongue

30-05-2016, 04:06 PM
(30-05-2016 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "You deserve rape" is a statement of opinion because it conveys a point of view rather than outlining negative consequences for (not) taking certain actions. To be honest, I'm more disgusted by everyone in this thread who is advocating violence and censorship against people who are using their first amendment rights than I am at the people who are saying all this horrible stuff. You know what people like you are called? The Regressive Left.

To clarify, I do not endorse this violence. I am not a pacifist, but this had no strategy, other tactics mentioned in this thread would have been more effective in countering this guy, and the attack is entirely reactionary. Bad, bad, bad.

To add to the brainstorming: call on social media for a flash mob LGBT kiss-in surrounding this person. Let him watch loving people do loving things while he spews hate until the cognitive dissonance overwhelms him and he leaves.
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
30-05-2016, 04:15 PM
(30-05-2016 06:06 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 04:57 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  There are similarities but the cases aren't identical. Unlike the rape victims, this fellow was advocating the violence that he was inevitably the victim of. He was wearing an extremely provocative sign and he wasn't simply asking for it, he was promoting it. He simply never expected to be the recipient of the hatred that he was advocating for. He was held down to his own standards, which sadly means that some fool stooped to his level.
Those are some grade A mental gymnastics you've there. Violence is never warranted in response to someone using their constitutional right to free speech.

And I agree with you whole-heartedly on that point. That's why I referred to his assailant as a fool and suggested a non-violent alternative. Violence is never the correct response to anything except for similar threats to life and limb.

Our point of contention was where you compared the reaction to this attack to the shaming of rape victims. It is exceedingly rare for a rape victim to actively promote the violence that they are the victims of, thus your analogy is unsound.

I'm honestly a great deal less concerned about his freedom of speach than I am about that head wound. Those can have some serious lasting effects. And I'm less concerned about either of those than I am about Brother Dean's assault becoming a causus belli for him and his hateful ilk attacking women, homosexuals and everybody else they don't like much. As I see it that is where the real danger is in all of this idiocy.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Bigoted preacher was bitchslapped for shit he spew? How unfortunate.

Seriously though he shouldn't be attacked but shit happens especially when you're piece of trash.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
30-05-2016, 04:25 PM
(30-05-2016 02:13 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  In a civil society we also have manners, a code of conduct on how to behave in public.

Shouting at teenagers across the street from their school using a bullhorn is not a very good use of your right to free speech.

Handling out pamphlets to people who would like to read them is a more civil way to behave in public.

The smack from the bat is more about modifying his public behavior than infringing on his free speech.
His right to free speech is still guaranteed, but his method will need to change.

"Modifying behavior" sounds peachy-keen, but let's call a spade a spade -- the man was assaulted based on opinions expressed, and you're apparently okay with that.

Forgive my dismay, but the thoughtlessness in this and other posts in this thread is exactly the root of the negative atheist stereotypes so many atheists complain about.

Attacking someone because of words they've said is the retort of an unthinking person. It's all good ... I'm learning who has really thought through their positions, and those who don't value thinking and communication as tools for changing minds.

This is good stuff to know.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-05-2016, 04:33 PM
I would point out that at one point in the video, they say "she" attacked him, indicating it was an unknown female student.

I'd guess that it had less to do with what he was saying and more to do with the sign he was alleged to be wearing. It doesn't take a large stretch of the imagination to imagine what a rape victim might do to a man they see publicly wearing a sign that says women deserve to be raped, no matter in what context he might have meant it.

And I agree completely that there's no justification for violence against a person for free speech. But the irony of a person who advocates any sort of conditions under which a person deserves rape getting assaulted against their will is chuckle-worthy, at least. Like Paleo, I'm really more concerned with the "martyr complex" issue.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-05-2016, 04:40 PM
We're talking about this guy:

A few quotes:

"You communist faggot. You'd rape a little boy. ... As a homosexual, I'd say you would. You deserve AIDS, you homos. You deserve to be put to death."

"If you show too much cleavage, you're gonna deserve what happens to you."

"Most of the women out here, by the way that you're dressed, I can tell your father hates you."

(And that's just the first 80 seconds of the 6-minute video.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-05-2016, 05:04 PM
He deserves to be raped. Take his own medicine. Maybe then he won't throw that around so freely anymore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Come on really this guy was in front of a SCHOOL! If my child went there and that happened I'd be demanding why the police wasn't called on his ass and for the school to have made sure he was removed!
This should never have gotten to point that a student had to take it in her hands toget rid of a hate spewing asshole from her school! She is a child and the adults should ave protected those kids from this nasty excuse for a human being!
While i don't think he should have been hit, he should never have been allowed to go as far as he did. That is NOT protecting our children!
I'm more concerned about how this going to effect this poor girl and her future because the adults failed her!
[+] 3 users Like purpledaisies's post