Preacher hit in head with baseball bat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: Preacher hit in head with baseball bat
(30-05-2016 07:18 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Going against the grain here, I kind of do feel sorry for him. Yes, he's an asshole, but he's brainwashed. He likely doesn't know how to think for himself or is too afraid to think for himself in the first place, because of the threat of Hell. That may make him a coward, and you can call him all the things you want, but when it comes down to it, these kinds of people have serious problems that are not adequately addressed by society.

I believe the best way to address his problems is as was done, with a baseball bat!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2016, 07:23 PM
(30-05-2016 07:20 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 07:18 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Going against the grain here, I kind of do feel sorry for him. Yes, he's an asshole, but he's brainwashed. He likely doesn't know how to think for himself or is too afraid to think for himself in the first place, because of the threat of Hell. That may make him a coward, and you can call him all the things you want, but when it comes down to it, these kinds of people have serious problems that are not adequately addressed by society.

I believe the best way to address his problems is as was done, with a baseball bat!

And that wouldn't do a god damned thing.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
30-05-2016, 07:39 PM
(30-05-2016 05:07 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Come on really this guy was in front of a SCHOOL! If my child went there and that happened I'd be demanding why the police wasn't called on his ass and for the school to have made sure he was removed!
This should never have gotten to point that a student had to take it in her hands toget rid of a hate spewing asshole from her school! She is a child and the adults should ave protected those kids from this nasty excuse for a human being!
While i don't think he should have been hit, he should never have been allowed to go as far as he did. That is NOT protecting our children!
I'm more concerned about how this going to effect this poor girl and her future because the adults failed her!

The poor girl in question is 19 and tried to give Brother Dean a Louisville Slugger Lobotomy. Head injuries like that are no laughing matter. She's lucky she didn't kill him. She has been arrested and yes, this will mess up her life.

And no, this shouldn't have happened in front of a school. Or anywhere for that matter. Unfortunately that runs into Trouble with exactly how free your speech can be. It seems pretty obvious that society does need some mechanism for dealing with assholes that take their freedom of expression to the extreme but that response can't be violence. Not unless you want the fundumentalists trying to take your head off because you said something mean about their invisible friend.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-05-2016, 07:41 PM
(30-05-2016 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  He deserves to be raped. Take his own medicine. Maybe then he won't throw that around so freely anymore.

No. Nobody deserves that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-05-2016, 07:46 PM
(30-05-2016 07:41 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  He deserves to be raped. Take his own medicine. Maybe then he won't throw that around so freely anymore.

No. Nobody deserves that.

Lol, everyone is going to quote that post and not read the one that followed. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-05-2016, 07:48 PM
(30-05-2016 07:20 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I believe the best way to address his problems is as was done, with a baseball bat!

You think that it was effective to make Brother Dean into a martyr and a rallying cry for bigots like him? That it was good to have a young woman arrested for trying to knock his fool head off?

---
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
30-05-2016, 07:49 PM
(30-05-2016 07:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 07:41 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  No. Nobody deserves that.

Lol, everyone is going to quote that post and not read the one that followed. Tongue

Yup. Sorry. It's on the next page and everything. Tongue

---
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
30-05-2016, 11:01 PM
do I feel anything resembling sympathy for that guy ?
no, no I don't
30-05-2016, 11:27 PM
(30-05-2016 05:07 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Come on really this guy was in front of a SCHOOL! If my child went there and that happened I'd be demanding why the police wasn't called on his ass and for the school to have made sure he was removed!
This should never have gotten to point that a student had to take it in her hands toget rid of a hate spewing asshole from her school! She is a child and the adults should ave protected those kids from this nasty excuse for a human being!
While i don't think he should have been hit, he should never have been allowed to go as far as he did. That is NOT protecting our children!
I'm more concerned about how this going to effect this poor girl and her future because the adults failed her!

How far should he have been allowed to go?

On what grounds could the police have removed him?

Should children (in this case, young adults) be protected by isolation or by inoculation?

Consider

30-05-2016, 11:48 PM
(30-05-2016 04:15 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Our point of contention was where you compared the reaction to this attack to the shaming of rape victims. It is exceedingly rare for a rape victim to actively promote the violence that they are the victims of, thus your analogy is unsound.
This preacher didn't promote the idea of beating people with baseball bats. Stop making bullshit excuses. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]