Preacher man had to run his mouth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Preacher man had to run his mouth
So while traveling through Arizona on vacation, I get up to have breakfast in the lobby of the hotel. People were talking about where they were from and kids and pets and where they were headed. Normal stuff.

Out of the blue, this guy asks another fellow sitting near me if he had heard about some legislation being considered that would put a stop to gay marriage.

He went on a longer rant about that and then abortion. He then accused the other guy of being brainwashed saying "If you hear these lies in the media over and over again, you begin to believe them. That's brain washing."

He had been talking for about 15 minutes and as soon as he said that, I piped up "Completely agree with you. You hear lies over and over again, you begin to believe them. How often do you go to church ?"

He replies "Every Sunday. I'm a pastor."
I said "Well there ya go. You are a prime example of brain washing."

He didn't say much after that. Finished his breakfast and left. The other fellow commented to me. "He seemed a bit radical, don't ya think ?"

I wanted to say so much more, but I didn't want to disturb the other people eating their breakfast.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 24 users Like Rahn127's post
26-04-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: Preacher man had to run his mouth
I live in AZ. That was probably the fucking governor.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
26-04-2015, 05:24 PM
(26-04-2015 05:07 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So while traveling through Arizona on vacation, I get up to have breakfast in the lobby of the hotel. People were talking about where they were from and kids and pets and where they were headed. Normal stuff.

Out of the blue, this guy asks another fellow sitting near me if he had heard about some legislation being considered that would put a stop to gay marriage.

He went on a longer rant about that and then abortion. He then accused the other guy of being brainwashed saying "If you hear these lies in the media over and over again, you begin to believe them. That's brain washing."

He had been talking for about 15 minutes and as soon as he said that, I piped up "Completely agree with you. You hear lies over and over again, you begin to believe them. How often do you go to church ?"

He didn't say much after that. Finished his breakfast and left. The other fellow commented to me. "He seemed a bit radical, don't ya think ?"

I wanted to say so much more, but I didn't want to disturb the other people eating their breakfast.

Do you like surge? Can I send you one as a prize for being so brave and awesome.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
26-04-2015, 05:26 PM
(26-04-2015 05:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 05:07 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So while traveling through Arizona on vacation, I get up to have breakfast in the lobby of the hotel. People were talking about where they were from and kids and pets and where they were headed. Normal stuff.

Do you like surge? Can I send you one as a prize for being so brave and awesome.

If Rahn is unable to accept his reward I would be happy to accept it on his behalf.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
26-04-2015, 05:29 PM
(26-04-2015 05:26 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 05:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you like surge? Can I send you one as a prize for being so brave and awesome.

If Rahn is unable to accept his reward I would be happy to accept it on his behalf.

lol...lemme think about it. Laughat

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
26-04-2015, 06:20 PM
(26-04-2015 05:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 05:26 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  If Rahn is unable to accept his reward I would be happy to accept it on his behalf.

lol...lemme think about it. Laughat

I'm just here because I heard someone had Surge.

My thirst is ready. Drooling

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 2 users Like kristenkjordan's post
26-04-2015, 06:58 PM
It shocks me how quickly some people want to get on their soap boxes with people they don't know in settings not meant for such discussion. Most bystanders are not comfortable to reply to these assholes, so thank you for giving this guy a much needed slice of humble pie. These types believe when nobody stands against their position, that they are right.

And Shadow, I'll bitch slap the next arrogant preachy Christian I come across for a 6 pack of that SSSSSSSSUUUUUUURRRRRRGGGGGE!!!!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
26-04-2015, 07:49 PM
I once drank so much Surge I didn't stop shaking for 30 hours, and I am not exaggerating. My daughter recently bought a six-pack on Amazon, but the price was just ludicrous so I passed.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2015, 08:28 PM
(26-04-2015 07:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I once drank so much Surge I didn't stop shaking for 30 hours, and I am not exaggerating. My daughter recently bought a six-pack on Amazon, but the price was just ludicrous so I passed.

I wonder if it's as good as it used to be. Did they start making it again or is it just unopened drinks people decided to sell off?

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
26-04-2015, 08:30 PM
As far as I know they're making it again but its not sold in stores.