Preacher on Campus...ugh.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Preacher on Campus...ugh.
There is a preacher outside talking about how he's voting for Trump, that all of our students are "a child of the Devil", that Catholics and Lutherans aren't Christians, and that he's "afraid to pick anything up on this campus" due to the threat of "sodomites" raping him. Campus security, according to the departmental administrative assistant, is watching him on camera carefully, given how much he's toeing the line into inciting stuff. Also going on and on about people who "aren't homo no mo'."

Originally born in Russia during the Soviet days, but from his lack of an accent, I'd say he grew up in America. Also pretty sucktastic at his Bible quoting. On that note, accidentally got into it with him while pointing out some of his errors in logic while talking with some of my students who were watching. I am, for the record, apparently an atheistic sodomite child of Satan for pointing out things like our campus rape statistics meaning he shouldn't be afraid, that shellfish is also considered an abomination in the Old Testament book he was quoting, that his "Roman Road" philosophy was seemingly contradicted by Paul later, etc.

One of the students tried to get him to shake his hand, only to be met with, "I know what you do with that hand!" "Why yes I'm a masturbator and so are you." was the student's reply.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Preacher on Campus...ugh.
(10-10-2016 01:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  There is a preacher outside talking about how he's voting for Trump, that all of our students are "a child of the Devil", that Catholics and Lutherans aren't Christians, and that he's "afraid to pick anything up on this campus" due to the threat of "sodomites" raping him. Campus security, according to the departmental administrative assistant, is watching him on camera carefully, given how much he's toeing the line into inciting stuff. Also going on and on about people who "aren't homo no mo'."

Originally born in Russia during the Soviet days, but from his lack of an accent, I'd say he grew up in America. Also pretty sucktastic at his Bible quoting. On that note, accidentally got into it with him while pointing out some of his errors in logic while talking with some of my students who were watching. I am, for the record, apparently an atheistic sodomite child of Satan for pointing out things like our campus rape statistics meaning he shouldn't be afraid, that shellfish is also considered an abomination in the Old Testament book he was quoting, that his "Roman Road" philosophy was seemingly contradicted by Paul later, etc.

One of the students tried to get him to shake his hand, only to be met with, "I know what you do with that hand!" "Why yes I'm a masturbator and so are you." was the student's reply.

Preacher? Nutter!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
10-10-2016, 01:45 PM
(10-10-2016 01:41 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 01:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  There is a preacher outside talking about how he's voting for Trump, that all of our students are "a child of the Devil", that Catholics and Lutherans aren't Christians, and that he's "afraid to pick anything up on this campus" due to the threat of "sodomites" raping him. Campus security, according to the departmental administrative assistant, is watching him on camera carefully, given how much he's toeing the line into inciting stuff. Also going on and on about people who "aren't homo no mo'."

Preacher? Nutter!

The difference being... ?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-10-2016, 01:50 PM
(10-10-2016 01:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 01:41 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Preacher? Nutter!

Oh, yeah, um...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-10-2016, 01:57 PM
(10-10-2016 01:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 01:41 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Preacher? Nutter!

In Angle-land a preacher-man is just a nice guy dressed in funny clothes who's good for a photo-op at christenings, which they largely seem to do because everyone puts their christening photos on facebook. I felt bad for the guy at the one I went to. I mean fuck. He really was reduced to the status of Mickey Mouse at Disneyland or something. Except probably Mickey doesn't spend 15 minutes at a lectern delivering some banal homily.

Far different from the undomesticated African or American species.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-10-2016, 02:02 PM
(10-10-2016 01:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 01:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The difference being... ?

In Angle-land a preacher-man is just a nice guy dressed in funny clothes who's good for a photo-op at christenings, which they largely seem to do because everyone puts their christening photos on facebook. I felt bad for the guy at the one I went to. I mean fuck. He really was reduced to the status of Mickey Mouse at Disneyland or something. Except probably Mickey doesn't spend 15 minutes at a lectern delivering some banal homily.

Far different from the undomesticated African or American species.
To be fair, this guy is technically a Russian invasive species, co-opted by the American fundamentalist one.

[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
10-10-2016, 06:03 PM
(10-10-2016 01:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I am, for the record, apparently an atheistic sodomite child of Satan

You're just realizing this now?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Just tell him to fuck off.
10-10-2016, 06:35 PM
(10-10-2016 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 01:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I am, for the record, apparently an atheistic sodomite child of Satan

You're just realizing this now?

I guess I still haven't realized it Girly; though it would mean that my old Baptist youth group was right about some things... Consider

(10-10-2016 06:03 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Just tell him to fuck off.

Multiple people did, in that exact wording. Two male students were kissing in front of him at one point, and said their love isn't defined by him. I successfully resisted the urge to quote the iron chariots verse at him.

10-10-2016, 06:53 PM
(10-10-2016 06:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're just realizing this now?

I guess I still haven't realized it Girly; though it would mean that my old Baptist youth group was right about some things... Consider

(10-10-2016 06:03 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Just tell him to fuck off.

Multiple people did, in that exact wording. Two male students were kissing in front of him at one point, and said their love isn't defined by him. I successfully resisted the urge to quote the iron chariots verse at him.

My first month at college and I had the privilege of watching Fred Phelps himself go at it in the union courtyard. Had I not been so wet behind the ears I would have loved to take him on, but the hilarity of the student body ridiculing him was fun enough to watch, and I was still a "true believer" at the time.

This happened in a very conservative Kansas town to boot. I did admire his tenacity though. Poor old dead bigoted fuck... Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post