"Preaching" before class

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: "Preaching" before class
Consider All of these ideas are viable...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 07:43 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
If the student wasn't preaching, what would you be doing with your time before class? If it is chit chatting with other students...you could continue to chit chat and just ignore him. If its playing games on your phone...you could continue to do that. I guess what I am asking is what harm is the preaching student actually doing to you? If you are not harmed by it...ignore it. Now suppose you are using your time to study and his preaching disturbed your studies. Now you are being harmed and have good cause to start rocking the boat.

First: Approach the student and politely let him know you're trying to study. Remind him its a school, a place of learning and study.....it is not a church or a street corner.

Second: If the first approach does not work, talk to the instructor and see what he or she can do about it. It is the instructor's class room not the preacher.

Last: Send a written a complaint to the administration describing the actions of the preacher and how it harms you. Then forget about it. By the time the administration does anything, the class will be over.....but maybe they correct the issue so it doesn't harm someone else in the same way it harmed you.
07-11-2014, 08:42 AM
(07-11-2014 07:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...it is not a church or a street corner.

Yeah, but then if he goes to the street corner the hookers who are trying to work the corner might get mad too.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
07-11-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 09:25 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(07-11-2014 08:42 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 07:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...it is not a church or a street corner.

Yeah, but then if he goes to the street corner the hookers who are trying to work the corner might get mad too.

They're call girls....not hookers.....unless they are dead...when they are dead they're just hookers (and consequently could not get mad.....cause they are dead).

[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
07-11-2014, 09:23 AM
(07-11-2014 09:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:42 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Yeah, but then if he goes to the street corner the hookers who are trying to work the corner might get mad too.

They're call girls....not hookers(unless they are dead....then they are hookers).

Hahaha Archer is amazing. Laugh out load

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
07-11-2014, 09:35 AM
(06-11-2014 04:30 PM)calmblueocean Wrote:  Last week, before class, one of these fellows stood up at the front of the class behind the podium and called for people's attention, then declared that 'God is good, all the time' and tried to encourage the others to say it with him.
Any opinions?

Call out to him ... "Which god?"
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
07-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Or say "I'll give you $300 that I have in my pocket right now if you shut the fuck up. You can donate that to your church if you like, but for the rest of the semester, you must swear to your god right here and now that you won't preach before class again. Now swear it."

If he swears to his god, say thank you.
When he asks for the money, tell him "You'll believe anything you hear won't you."

Then walk away saying "You swore to your god. Remember that."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
07-11-2014, 02:19 PM
(07-11-2014 02:03 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Or say "I'll give you $300 that I have in my pocket right now if you shut the fuck up. You can donate that to your church if you like, but for the rest of the semester, you must swear to your god right here and now that you won't preach before class again. Now swear it."

If he swears to his god, say thank you.
When he asks for the money, tell him "You'll believe anything you hear won't you."

Then walk away saying "You swore to your god. Remember that."

The problem with your plan is it would tarnish the reputation of the OP. The swear would only be valid once the contract is fulfilled so it wouldn't stop him from preaching anyways.
07-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Bring a little girl with you and have her go up and yell "shut up!" (Just kidding.)

Seriously, loudly state "This isn't church! It's <insert name of class>!" If he doesn't quit, then report him.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-11-2014, 04:08 PM
How about calling to him, "Hey, pal, this is neither the time nor the place for that."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post