"Preaching" before class

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: "Preaching" before class
Make a counter preach to him, preach literally every god you can think of besides the one he is preaching. Or Jackson the God Slayer and his sword "absolute truth" as that would be what I would do.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
You could always just bust out laughing and when he gets offended say "Sorry, I didn't think anybody able to get into a college class could be that gullible".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
07-11-2014, 04:43 PM
(07-11-2014 04:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You could always just bust out laughing and when he gets offended say "Sorry, I didn't think anybody able to get into a college class could be that gullible".

Hhaha, yeah or burst out laughing and when he gets offended say "oh, you were serious?"

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
07-11-2014, 06:53 PM
(07-11-2014 04:43 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 04:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You could always just bust out laughing and when he gets offended say "Sorry, I didn't think anybody able to get into a college class could be that gullible".

Hhaha, yeah or burst out laughing and when he gets offended say "oh, you were serious?"

"Let me laugh even harder then!"

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
08-11-2014, 12:29 AM
(06-11-2014 10:40 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Buy a mini air horn. Every time he talks before class, blast it. Every single mother fucking time.

Or bring along a shopping bag that contains a bicycle horn, a trench coat and a fuzzy blonde wig. When the preaching starts, don the wig and trench coat and insert random honks into the sermon like Harpo Marx.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
08-11-2014, 05:33 AM
How about, interrupt him, and say "Ah, excuse me, but I'm paying a lot of money to be here, and I didn't sign up to be forced to sit through religious indoctrination sessions. Do it again, and I'll go to the Dean, and I'll see you in court".

(Your campus must have an official complaint process. If you even start that process, I bet they tell him to stop.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-11-2014, 07:43 AM
If this is before the instructor gets there and class has not started then there may not be much that official channels can do. Get up there before him and ask how many know that the gospels weren't written until at least 30 years after the events by people who never met Jesus and who were anonymous Greek-speaking scholars and not Aramaic-speaking fishermen.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Quote Princess Bride every chance you get.
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/99...cess-bride

Make a list of YouTube clips that you can play every time he says something annoying.

Jesus-"He's only mostly dead."
God- "My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-11-2014, 07:46 AM
(08-11-2014 06:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Quote Princess Bride every chance you get.

Make a list of YouTube clips that you can play every time he says something annoying.

*Inigo

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2014, 09:11 AM
(09-11-2014 07:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 06:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Quote Princess Bride every chance you get.

*Inigo

And all of these years I thought it was Indigo.
I suppose next you're going to tell me it's not Sanna Claws.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results