Precognition Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Shocked Precognition Again
As some of you may know if you’ve been to my Facebook page (which I invite you to friend me), my wife went into the hospital on Tuesday, July 10. She ended up having a bowel resection related to a twisted colon. The night before, she was fine. We ran, we barbequed, had some beers, and went to bed as normal. In the morning she was in agony in her abdomen. We thought maybe it was trapped gas, but it didn’t go away; so to the ER we went; she was admitted for emergency surgery from there.

The good news is she’s doing fine, and she should be discharged home today or tomorrow.

What’s interesting is that surrounding this incident, I had the fourth major precognition of my life. That night, I dreamt that there was some men trying to get into our house, and they were dangerous. I told my wife to go and get the shotgun, and she did and I started firing through the door that had begun to bulge inward towards us. During the shooting, I accidently shot my wife. The wound went in through her back and out through her lower right abdomen. The exit wound was red and meaty, but she wasn’t bleeding. The next thing I knew she had a dressing on the wound, and she was alright.

I woke up from that dream to hear her moaning in pain. As I said we went to the ER. I told her about the dream on the way to the ER, and I predicted she would have to have surgery as a result of the symbolism in the dream. We have been married during the time of the other precognitions, so it’s something we both know about and talk about.

Ultimately, she had to have emergency surgery, and before they took her in, her abdomen was bulging in the lower right quadrant, exactly where the wound was in the dream, exactly where the twist was.

You can call this a coincidence, but it is the fourth major episode in my life of precognition. There have been dozens of minor episodes.
This does not prove God exists, but it does prove that consciousness is not confined to the emergent properties of an individual neurological system. I couldn’t have known what was going to happen. The knowledge of what was going to happen necessarily came from a mind, and that mind wasn’t something my brain could generate.
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Precognition Again
Good to hear that your wife is doing fine, but you should definetly research the explanations for this 'phenomena' so that you don't reach a false conclusion (i.e. our brain isn't capable of doing something like this). Here's a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognition#Explanations

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
15-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey Egor,
Sorry to hear that Mrs. Egor had to go through so much pain, but I'm glad to hear that she got some relief and is on the mend.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-07-2012, 10:12 AM
(15-07-2012 10:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  As some of you may know if you’ve been to my Facebook page (which I invite you to friend me), my wife went into the hospital on Tuesday, July 10. She ended up having a bowel resection related to a twisted colon. The night before, she was fine. We ran, we barbequed, had some beers, and went to bed as normal. In the morning she was in agony in her abdomen. We thought maybe it was trapped gas, but it didn’t go away; so to the ER we went; she was admitted for emergency surgery from there.

The good news is she’s doing fine, and she should be discharged home today or tomorrow.

What’s interesting is that surrounding this incident, I had the fourth major precognition of my life. That night, I dreamt that there was some men trying to get into our house, and they were dangerous. I told my wife to go and get the shotgun, and she did and I started firing through the door that had begun to bulge inward towards us. During the shooting, I accidently shot my wife. The wound went in through her back and out through her lower right abdomen. The exit wound was red and meaty, but she wasn’t bleeding. The next thing I knew she had a dressing on the wound, and she was alright.

I woke up from that dream to hear her moaning in pain. As I said we went to the ER. I told her about the dream on the way to the ER, and I predicted she would have to have surgery as a result of the symbolism in the dream. We have been married during the time of the other precognitions, so it’s something we both know about and talk about.

Ultimately, she had to have emergency surgery, and before they took her in, her abdomen was bulging in the lower right quadrant, exactly where the wound was in the dream, exactly where the twist was.

You can call this a coincidence, but it is the fourth major episode in my life of precognition. There have been dozens of minor episodes.
This does not prove God exists, but it does prove that consciousness is not confined to the emergent properties of an individual neurological system. I couldn’t have known what was going to happen. The knowledge of what was going to happen necessarily came from a mind, and that mind wasn’t something my brain could generate.
I'm glad she's OK, but that's a sorry example of precognition. You are counting a hit for something that is only vaguely similar in only one way. This is just like astrology predictions and prophecy and cold reading.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2012, 10:16 AM

(15-07-2012 10:06 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Good to hear that your wife is doing fine, but you should definetly research the explanations for this 'phenomena' so that you don't reach a false conclusion (i.e. our brain isn't capable of doing something like this). Here's a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognition#Explanations

I went to your Wikipedia link, but I've been there before. I've stated the facts of this case clearly. You make your own decision. Just remember, when it comes to what we want to believe, we will always find evidence to support us. You don't want to believe in precognition because the implications of precognition are unacceptable to an atheist.

The bottom line is this: the future doesn't exist. It hasn't happened yet. I saw, symbolically, a future event that was going to take place. My brain cannot do that. My brain is a physical object, and again I say, the future has not happened yet. It doesn't exist.
15-07-2012, 10:21 AM
(15-07-2012 10:16 AM)Egor Wrote:  You don't want to believe in precognition because the implications of precognition are unacceptable to an atheist.
No, the lack of evidence of precognition makes it unacceptable to a scientist.

Quote:The bottom line is this: the future doesn't exist. It hasn't happened
yet. I saw, symbolically, a future event that was going to take place.
My brain cannot do that. My brain is a physical object, and again I say,
the future has not happened yet. It doesn't exist.
You interpret what you dreamed to fit your beliefs. And its a stretch.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2012, 10:27 AM

(15-07-2012 10:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Egor,
Sorry to hear that Mrs. Egor had to go through so much pain, but I'm glad to hear that she got some relief and is on the mend.

Thanks Erxomai. Hug

(15-07-2012 10:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm glad she's OK, but that's a sorry example of precognition.

You've got to be kidding. Shocking

Quote:You are counting a hit for something that is only vaguely similar in only one way. This is just like astrology predictions and prophecy and cold reading.

Granted, it's symbolic. It's not literal in any way, save perhaps for the open incision during surgery being similar to the non-bleeding meaty wound in the abdomen, but I wasn't there to see that.

The bulging door--the bulging abdomen
The bad guys--the twisted colon
The shotgun--invasive surgery
The dressing on the wound--the dressing on the wound
Her being all right--her recovery
right lower quadrant--right lower quadrant

And this occurred immediately upon waking. It was the very first event of Tuesday.

You can disbelieve it: That's what's great about religious thinking, you can deny whatever you want. As for me, I'd say, "Hmmm, interesting." But this is the fourth time--possibly the fifth--major hit like this.

Remind me to tell you about the green parrot, the hangliders, Dunblain Scotland, and the Hoover Dam incident sometime if you're interested.
15-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Egor,
Sure glad your wife is okay. That's a scary situation, glad you didn't delay in getting to the ER.

As far as the precognition, I have experienced a few very disturbing incidences of similar things. I, for one, believe that it happens. I think some people are more open to the messages (if you want to call them that) than others. Where those messages come from, I can't say.

Speedy recovery to your wife. And healthy days ahead.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
15-07-2012, 10:30 AM

(15-07-2012 10:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  You interpret what you dreamed to fit your beliefs. And its a stretch.

You know and I know to call this a stretch is simply denial. You'd be better off to call me a liar, to call it a stretch sounds ridiculous. I might be a liar, but anyone who has a dream like this just before the incident occurs has experienced precognition, ergo precognition exists, ergo the mind is not emergent from the brain.
15-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope shes back to full health soon.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]