Precognition Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Precognition Again
Guys, I now believe in Precognition. I had a wet dream and I woke up with jizz in my pants.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
17-07-2012, 07:19 AM
(17-07-2012 07:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Guys, I now believe in Precognition. I had a wet dream and I woke up with jizz in my pants.
Was that really necessary? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2012, 07:30 AM
(17-07-2012 07:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 07:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Guys, I now believe in Precognition. I had a wet dream and I woke up with jizz in my pants.
Was that really necessary? Big Grin
It was completely necessary.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
17-07-2012, 07:49 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_19927_6-m...uracy.html

Did the writers and producers experience precognitive episodes and hallucinations that led to these predictions? Or is it simply more likely that coincidences occur and that a team of writers working round the clock in movies, TV, and literature are bound to get a few lucky ones every so often?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
17-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:I’ve already discussed the details of this incident throughout the posts
in this string. If you don’t think it was precognition, then you don’t
think it was precognition. I do.
Have fun on here - you know exactly what you're doing on here now.

The internet is working properly and I got to see all of your posts.

I suddenly feel like a
[Image: morons.jpg]
but that's okay.

Chas, others, apologies. Carry on.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
17-07-2012, 10:13 AM
(17-07-2012 06:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 12:13 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Would you say this megamind is like the matrix, where the matrix and all the people in it are really a universal mind?

Cause if that is so that take on the nature of reality leads to an ocean of contradiction and can be the basis for the justification for every religion...

Again, you say "this megamind" as if it were a separate thing apart from us, but I don't think it is. I'm going to use the term God, but by "God" I mean a fundamental consciousness that has never not existed. It's just easier to say God.

Before anything was there was God and God was it.
For whatever reason, God created the universe, but the only thing to create the universe from was himself, because #1: Before anything was, God was it.

Therefore, God created the universe from his own substance, which is basically consciousness. Therefore, everything is God. God is still the only thing that really exists.

Just as we create objects in dreams out of our consciousness, so God has created the physical universe out of his consciousness.

Therefore the universe is really just a God-dream, and we are characters in that dream.

Precognition is a mistake. It is a lucid element in an otherwise undisturbed dream. It's not supposed to happen.

When I say there is no God, I mean that literally. All there is, all there has ever been, and all that will ever exist is the fundamental consciousness, and nothing is really real except for it. This fundamental consciousness does not have a God, ergo there is no God.

In "The Matrix" there was still a separation even once Neo was woken up. There was no monistic state of being. So, I don't really think they are the same.
Interesting. I heard of a similar theory postulated by my friend.

You know how higher dimensional objects appear in lower dimensions right? A sphere will look like a circle in a 2D world, a line in a 1D world. Well, our 3D universe could be a projection from a 4D universe. We are basically images of a higher dimension. The 4D object which is responsible for our projection influences how the universe behaves through manipulation of said 4D object. In other words, we are shadows of 4D beings.

Who knows? "God" might be a child, playing with his "My First Universe" playset, or a scientist doing an experiment.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
17-07-2012, 10:23 AM
(17-07-2012 09:14 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Chas, others, apologies. Carry on.
I reject your apology! Hobo

Because I have no idea what you're apologizing for. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-07-2012, 12:20 PM
(17-07-2012 10:13 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 06:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  Again, you say "this megamind" as if it were a separate thing apart from us, but I don't think it is. I'm going to use the term God, but by "God" I mean a fundamental consciousness that has never not existed. It's just easier to say God.

Before anything was there was God and God was it.
For whatever reason, God created the universe, but the only thing to create the universe from was himself, because #1: Before anything was, God was it.

Therefore, God created the universe from his own substance, which is basically consciousness. Therefore, everything is God. God is still the only thing that really exists.

Just as we create objects in dreams out of our consciousness, so God has created the physical universe out of his consciousness.

Therefore the universe is really just a God-dream, and we are characters in that dream.

Precognition is a mistake. It is a lucid element in an otherwise undisturbed dream. It's not supposed to happen.

When I say there is no God, I mean that literally. All there is, all there has ever been, and all that will ever exist is the fundamental consciousness, and nothing is really real except for it. This fundamental consciousness does not have a God, ergo there is no God.

In "The Matrix" there was still a separation even once Neo was woken up. There was no monistic state of being. So, I don't really think they are the same.
Interesting. I heard of a similar theory postulated by my friend.

You know how higher dimensional objects appear in lower dimensions right? A sphere will look like a circle in a 2D world, a line in a 1D world. Well, our 3D universe could be a projection from a 4D universe. We are basically images of a higher dimension. The 4D object which is responsible for our projection influences how the universe behaves through manipulation of said 4D object. In other words, we are shadows of 4D beings.

Who knows? "God" might be a child, playing with his "My First Universe" playset, or a scientist doing an experiment.
Or this is just one of countless flights of imagination that make for fun storylines but are ultimately not grounded in objective physical reality.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
17-07-2012, 03:45 PM
(17-07-2012 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 09:14 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Chas, others, apologies. Carry on.
I reject your apology! Hobo

That's okay. I guess it was a 'you had to be there' thing. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
17-07-2012, 04:14 PM
(17-07-2012 03:45 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  I reject your apology! Hobo

That's okay. I guess it was a 'you had to be there' thing. Big Grin

Don't be denyin' shit. You were defending Egor; then you found out Egor was pretty much indefensible. Tongue

The All-Seeing Eye... sees all. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post