Precognition Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: Precognition Again
Thanks for that great medical advise.
The next time that I dream that I accidentally shoot my wife in the gut I'll just rush her to the hospital no questions asked and demand that they cut our a 6" section of her large intestine.
I'm sure the doctors will surely comply when I tell them about my precognitive dream.
Glad your wife is doing well.
Stay away from her pain medication as it appears that you have already taken a few.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2012, 05:47 PM
So... you shot your wife? Then it ain't precognition. What it is is emotional context from the wife in the form of a self-diagnostic transmitted through electromagnetic communication to your subconscious, which elicited the "seek aid" response mandated by evolution in your role of functioning agency of the superorganism that is family. The rush you feel is most likely dopamine released by the brain in a reflex "reward" reaction, that you interpreted the message of the subconscious, not that you interpreted the message of your subconscious correctly.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-07-2012, 06:22 PM
(15-07-2012 05:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So... you shot your wife? Then it ain't precognition. What it is is emotional context from the wife in the form of a self-diagnostic transmitted through electromagnetic communication to your subconscious, which elicited the "seek aid" response mandated by evolution in your role of functioning agency of the superorganism that is family. The rush you feel is most likely dopamine released by the brain in a reflex "reward" reaction, that you interpreted the message of the subconscious, not that you interpreted the message of your subconscious correctly.
HoC is starting to talk like a human being again, hurry up and show him pictures of his Gwynnies! Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-07-2012, 07:38 PM
(15-07-2012 06:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  HoC is starting to talk like a human being again, hurry up and show him pictures of his Gwynnies! Tongue
This, too, shall pass. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 12:08 AM

You deniers can imagine whatever you want to help you explain this away. Nothing I say to the contrary will mean anything to you because I have presented you with something undeniable and unacceptable. You can pretend it matters that it's not scientifically repeatable as an experiment, whatever. The more you deny it, and the more reasons you give to help you deny it, make me think you haven't even read what I reported.

You will believe whatever you need to believe to get you through the night. I could give you a hundred examples of precognition, and you would deny all of them.
As I've said before, when it comes to religious atheism, anything that goes against it makes the entire house of cards crumble. That's not the case with the Christians, evolution can be true, and that only means they have to change how they think about Genesis. If any precognition is true, religious atheism crumbles to the ground.

I'm more atheist than you. I believe only God exists--only God and nothing else. Which means, I don't believe in a God, because God can't have a God. I am a rational atheist. You religious atheists are no different than Muslims, Mormons, Christians, or Branch Davidians. Religious is religious.

Maybe tomorrow I'll type up the other four examples just for fun.
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 12:27 AM
(16-07-2012 12:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  the more reasons you give to help you deny it
You don't address those, you ignore them and you pretend they aren't showing you exactly what you came here for- to see what other people would say. And not just one person, but quite a few.
16-07-2012, 12:31 AM
(16-07-2012 12:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  You deniers can imagine whatever you want to help you explain this away. Nothing I say to the contrary will mean anything to you because I have presented you with something undeniable and unacceptable. You can pretend it matters that it's not scientifically repeatable as an experiment, whatever. The more you deny it, and the more reasons you give to help you deny it, make me think you haven't even read what I reported.

You will believe whatever you need to believe to get you through the night. I could give you a hundred examples of precognition, and you would deny all of them.
As I've said before, when it comes to religious atheism, anything that goes against it makes the entire house of cards crumble. That's not the case with the Christians, evolution can be true, and that only means they have to change how they think about Genesis. If any precognition is true, religious atheism crumbles to the ground.

I'm more atheist than you. I believe only God exists--only God and nothing else. Which means, I don't believe in a God, because God can't have a God. I am a rational atheist. You religious atheists are no different than Muslims, Mormons, Christians, or Branch Davidians. Religious is religious.

Maybe tomorrow I'll type up the other four examples just for fun.
Well then Egor, rather than refute and combat all of the claims.

I think it'd be much more interesting to make some coffee, and see if things could possibly get more entertaining.
Drinking Beverage

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
16-07-2012, 02:03 AM
(15-07-2012 04:05 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Egor - glad the wife is doing well. Hope you are doing well as well, because I know how stressful it can be not knowing exactly what is going on and if your wife was going to be ok before and after the surgery.

I would like propose a slightly altered viewpoint that still incorporates what you experienced. I'm not discounting the precognition at all. I'm just talking out loud.

When we dream, our ears don't stop working. Our dreams can often interpret real events that are happening around us while we sleep. You heard your wife moaning in her sleep and subconsciously you knew she was in pain.
You dreamt of home invaders and your wife being shot by you. I would suggest that perhaps before you went to sleep, your wife may have mentioned something about the food you bbq'ed not sitting well on her stomach.
You felt guilty because maybe it wasn't cooked all the way through which can lead to food poisoning.

Home invaders = bad food coming into a place where you live
You accidentally shooting your wife = you feeling guilty for possibly being the cause of her pain

I may be way off base, but that's my working hypothesis.

Other than that, I would say, As human beings, we are probably aware of a lot more about the the things around us than our conscious minds are aware of.
Subconsciously, I would say that some of those things can be brought to play in a dream.
Exactly what I was about to propose. After all he did say that he had that dream whole his wife was in pain, not some time before it happened. So how is this a PREcognition if it didnt happen before the event took place?
16-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Ive had some strange stuff happen to me...... I think I may have allready wrote about it on here but im not sure.

I had a dream as a child that I was at a seaside town and there was a large hill with houses on and a lot of red double decker buses knocking about..... I remember walking up the street and being drawn to look at one particular house and upstairs was a man who seemed familiar. He smiled and waved at me but I just ignored him and carried on.

A few years ago I had a dream that I was in a house that seemed very familiar and I walked around checking it all out until I came to a room upstairs and when I looked out the window I saw the same seaside town..... when I looked down into the street I saw myself looking up at me.... so I smiled and waved but I (child) just ignored myself like before and carried on.

That I find very unusual and quite peculiar Consider

When you wake from a dream normally you can recall a lot of what has happened........ however I think most will agree that later on in the day you can easily forget what you had dreamed just a few hours before. That what seemed so tangible and real is gone........ but is it really gone....... or is it just stored, waiting for the right things to trigger them???

Ive had moments where I have experienced "deja-vu" but there have been a few times when I feel that maybe I have dreamt it. The most craziest moment this happened to me was when me and two work colleagues were driving to the tip to empty the lorry when we stopped at a junction at some red lights...... I got my feeling of "deja-vu" and I explained to Steve and Jeff that I had dreamt this situation and that a women pushing a push chair with bags on the handles was gonna walk around the corner. I described her in great detail and lo and behold and much to my surprise....... she walked around the corner.

All I know is this woman was in my head before I saw her (there was no way anybody could see round the corner) Id love to know how images of her could be in my head for recollection Consider

I think we try to rationalise a lot of things that happen to us in our lifes to make us feel that we know whats going on..... to make us feel safe and secure and sane....... when in reality I think there are a lot of things that just cannot be explained.

Have you ever experimented with Lucid Dreaming Egor??? I think the best way of remembering your dreams is to set your alarm for two hours before it normally goes off...... then after you have woken re-set your alarm for the normal time and go back to sleep..... you may find that on the second time of waking you will remember a dream. If you keep a dream diary and write down everything that you remember as soon as you wake up this helps you to hang onto those memories that normally throughout the day would become hazy.

EDIT: Id like to hear about the other things that have happened to you Egor..... were these also dream related or something different???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-07-2012, 04:49 AM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...rol-dreams

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche