Precognition Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2012, 05:01 AM
RE: Precognition Again
(16-07-2012 04:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...rol-dreams
I agree where it mentions about "mastering nightmares" because I used to be scared of heights big time....... I have in previous dreams though jumped off and fell considerable distances before hitting the floor uninjured.... getting back up..... and doing it all over again.

I wouldnt describe Lucid dreaming the same as Inception........ it isnt a "dream within a dream"....... it is becoming more aware and it is this awareness that 9/10 will wake you up.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 06:46 AM
(16-07-2012 12:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  You deniers can imagine whatever you want to help you explain this away. Nothing I say to the contrary will mean anything to you because I have presented you with something undeniable and unacceptable. You can pretend it matters that it's not scientifically repeatable as an experiment, whatever. The more you deny it, and the more reasons you give to help you deny it, make me think you haven't even read what I reported.

You will believe whatever you need to believe to get you through the night. I could give you a hundred examples of precognition, and you would deny all of them.
As I've said before, when it comes to religious atheism, anything that goes against it makes the entire house of cards crumble. That's not the case with the Christians, evolution can be true, and that only means they have to change how they think about Genesis. If any precognition is true, religious atheism crumbles to the ground.

I'm more atheist than you. I believe only God exists--only God and nothing else. Which means, I don't believe in a God, because God can't have a God. I am a rational atheist. You religious atheists are no different than Muslims, Mormons, Christians, or Branch Davidians. Religious is religious.

Maybe tomorrow I'll type up the other four examples just for fun.
It's these types of posts that make thing that you're either purposely trolling or perhaps are in need of some psychological counseling. If it's the latter, I hope that some day, when you've come around to a more stable place, you'll be able to come back to some of these outbursts and laugh them off as the incoherent babble that they are.

I feel for you. I really do.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
[+] 1 user Likes lightninlives's post
16-07-2012, 06:49 AM
On December 19th, 1984 my day was like any other. I went to school, picked up my kids from the sitter, and took them home to make them some supper.

While I was cooking I picked up the phone and called my husband's roommate. We were 2000 miles apart at the time, he was to me moving to be with us in under two months. I don't know why I called, I had never called the roommate before, I was just driven to call. The words spilled out with no thought. I said that I was afraid to answer the phone because I knew the next call I got would be someone telling me my husband was dead.

The next morning I got my older daughter off to school and took the younger one to a neighbor's house. I had an interview for an internship to complete my training. As I was getting ready to walk out the door after getting ready for the meeting, the phone rang. I hesitated to answer it because I didn't want to be late. I decided I better get it. It was my sister-in-law telling me that my husband had died a few hours before in a car accident.

I still don't know what made me make that call, nothing like that had been on my mind the previous day. It wasn't a dream, it happened. I knew a few hours before that he was going to die that night. I was actually pretty calm when she called because it was already something I knew.

When she called me she said, "There's been an accident." To which I replied, "Is he dead?" She said yes and I asked if anyone else was with him, she said no.

Where it came from that I knew ahead of time, I don't know. But it was as clear to me, without any forethought, that he was going to die that night.

A precognition, a hunch? Something from the universe to prepare me? I will never know.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-07-2012, 07:03 AM

The Four Episodes.

On the thirteenth of March in 1996, I awoke from a dream. In that dream, I had visited a kindergarten schoolroom with several small children and a woman who was their teacher. I realized that the school was also part of a church; in fact it was supposed to be the rectory of a church. The children and the teacher in the class all gathered around me and seemed very happy to have me visiting them. At some point I said I had to leave, and one child grabbed hold of my leg and begged me to take him with me, but I told him I couldn’t and that I was very sorry. As I was driving away, I looked in my rearview mirror and I noticed a water tower with the name of a town on it, and the name of the town was Sterling.

When I woke up, I remembered the dream clearly, even as I do today, and I didn’t think much of it, especially given that I had lived as a teenager in the town of Sterling, Colorado. I was all set to ignore it until I saw on the news that a massacre of sixteen small kindergarten-age children and their teacher had occurred in the town of Dunblane, Scotland. Dunblane is a town in the council area of Stirling, Scotland, just down the road from the city of Stirling, itself. It is best known for its cathedral church.

When all of this hit me, I cried. However, I must shamefully admit that I didn’t cry for the children, I cried because I was afraid I was losing my mind and couldn’t determine what was real and what was a dream. I told my wife about the dream, and she was amazed as well.

As a nurse, I work the nightshift (7pm-7am), always have, probably always will so long as I am working as a nurse, but on this particular day in 2006, it was my night off. We were staying in an RV park in Tucson, Arizona while I did a three-month contract nursing job.

I was asleep in bed, and I woke up around 3 P.M. While I slept, I had a dream about a green parrot. I didn’t remember the dream that well, but I remember a bright green parrot that I was taking care of for some reason. When I woke up, I didn’t think anything of it. Though I had never seen it, my grandparents owned a green parrot for a long time until it died sometime before I was born. I figured that was the connection.

Eventually, my wife and I ate, jogged, and got cleaned up. Then we got ready to walk our two dachshunds around the RV park as we always did at that time. We were taking our usual route, but up the street we saw someone else walking their dog. So as to avoid any canine conflicts, we decided to take a side street that we hadn't taken before.

We’re walking up it, and just by chance, I look up into the window of a Class A RV. In the window was a live green parrot looking down at me. I told my wife about the dream, and again, I felt as if this were not a possible real occurrence.

During that same year, on a contract in Phoenix, Arizona, I had another dream. I dreamt I was watching ultralight airplanes flying around. Ultralights are airplanes meant for one person and they are often a simple motorized version of hang gliders.

At any rate, I got up and got ready for work. I took my motorcycle, and when I got to the top of this one hill overlooking a valley I saw three ultralight aircraft flying around. I had never seen ultralights in this area, nor did I ever see them again after that day while I remained in Phoenix.

As some of you may know if you’ve been to my Facebook page (which I invite you to friend me), my wife went into the hospital on Tuesday, July 10, 2012. She ended up having a bowel resection related to a twisted colon. The night before, she was fine. We ran, we barbequed, had some beers, and went to bed as normal. In the morning she was in agony in her abdomen. We thought maybe it was trapped gas, but it didn’t go away; so to the ER we went; she was admitted for emergency surgery from there.

The good news is she’s doing fine, and she should be discharged home today or tomorrow.

What’s interesting is that surrounding this incident, I had the fourth major precognition of my life. That night, I dreamt that there was some men trying to get into our house, and they were dangerous. I told my wife to go and get the shotgun, and she did and I started firing through the door that had begun to bulge inward towards us. During the shooting, I accidently shot my wife. The wound went in through her back and out through her lower right abdomen. The exit wound was red and meaty, but she wasn’t bleeding. The next thing I knew she had a dressing on the wound, and she was alright.

I woke up from that dream to hear her moaning in pain. As I said we went to the ER. I told her about the dream on the way to the ER, and I predicted she would have to have surgery as a result of the symbolism in the dream. We have been married during the time of the other precognitions, so it’s something we both know about and talk about.

Ultimately, she had to have emergency surgery, and before they took her in, her abdomen was bulging in the lower right quadrant, exactly where the wound was in the dream, exactly where the twist was.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
16-07-2012, 07:06 AM
There is as much evidence for Precognition as there is for OBEs and NDEs.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
16-07-2012, 07:10 AM

(16-07-2012 06:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  On December 19th, 1984 my day was like any other. I went to school, picked up my kids from the sitter, and took them home to make them some supper.

While I was cooking I picked up the phone and called my husband's roommate. We were 2000 miles apart at the time, he was to me moving to be with us in under two months. I don't know why I called, I had never called the roommate before, I was just driven to call. The words spilled out with no thought. I said that I was afraid to answer the phone because I knew the next call I got would be someone telling me my husband was dead.

The next morning I got my older daughter off to school and took the younger one to a neighbor's house. I had an interview for an internship to complete my training. As I was getting ready to walk out the door after getting ready for the meeting, the phone rang. I hesitated to answer it because I didn't want to be late. I decided I better get it. It was my sister-in-law telling me that my husband had died a few hours before in a car accident.

I still don't know what made me make that call, nothing like that had been on my mind the previous day. It wasn't a dream, it happened. I knew a few hours before that he was going to die that night. I was actually pretty calm when she called because it was already something I knew.

When she called me she said, "There's been an accident." To which I replied, "Is he dead?" She said yes and I asked if anyone else was with him, she said no.

Where it came from that I knew ahead of time, I don't know. But it was as clear to me, without any forethought, that he was going to die that night.

A precognition, a hunch? Something from the universe to prepare me? I will never know.

It was a long time ago, but it's still sad to read that your husband died. Sometimes, it's best just to take what you know as a solid truth you can build on and go from there. You know you had the premonition. That means you knew something before it happened. But what does that mean. What facts does that imply?

For me, it means that at least some part of our mind has nothing to do with our physical body.
16-07-2012, 07:14 AM

(16-07-2012 07:06 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There is as much evidence for Precognition as there is for OBEs and NDEs.

What about the reports just above this post from people who are apparently intelligent and have no reason to lie to you? You just blow them off with a Jesus giving everyone the finger.

You are a religious atheist. You are closed-minded. You are a "believer" in atheism, and as such, you, like the Christians, Muslims, Mormons, Jehova's Wittnesses, and Fundamentalist Rush Limbaugh/Hannity listeners, must discount any evidence to the contrary of what you believe. I pity you. I used to be like you.
16-07-2012, 07:36 AM
(16-07-2012 07:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  What about the reports just above this post from people who are apparently intelligent and have no reason to lie to you?

1) Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Although such can be used as the basis of rigorous experimentation, when it has, the results have been inconclusive at best.

2) Seems these people have every reason to lie to themselves. Ange at least says "I don't know;" you, however, add 1 + 1 and come up with i, as usual. What is so dissatisfying about life and reality that you need this supernatural crutch, I'm forced to wonder. There's more evidence for non-locality and electromagnetic communication than there is for precognition. For one, the interplay of chemical context and simulation of mind of another in mind may very well inform the superorganism of a unit's dysfunction across the eternal now. For another, these reports only surface when an anticipated event is realized - which is a very definite condition of now and not future - and said individuals likely discount fifty misses for every one hit and call it supernatural. Stoopidnatural, I call it.

3) Intelligence only allows for more creative delusions.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-07-2012, 07:45 AM
(16-07-2012 12:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  You deniers can imagine whatever you want to help you explain this away. Nothing I say to the contrary will mean anything to you because I have presented you with something undeniable and unacceptable. You can pretend it matters that it's not scientifically repeatable as an experiment, whatever. The more you deny it, and the more reasons you give to help you deny it, make me think you haven't even read what I reported.

You will believe whatever you need to believe to get you through the night. I could give you a hundred examples of precognition, and you would deny all of them.
As I've said before, when it comes to religious atheism, anything that goes against it makes the entire house of cards crumble. That's not the case with the Christians, evolution can be true, and that only means they have to change how they think about Genesis. If any precognition is true, religious atheism crumbles to the ground.

I'm more atheist than you. I believe only God exists--only God and nothing else. Which means, I don't believe in a God, because God can't have a God. I am a rational atheist. You religious atheists are no different than Muslims, Mormons, Christians, or Branch Davidians. Religious is religious.

Maybe tomorrow I'll type up the other four examples just for fun.
Don't bother. It is not evidence and your reasoning is post ex facto and circular.

You don't understand the scientific method or evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 07:58 AM
(16-07-2012 07:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 07:06 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There is as much evidence for Precognition as there is for OBEs and NDEs.

What about the reports just above this post from people who are apparently intelligent and have no reason to lie to you? You just blow them off with a Jesus giving everyone the finger.

You are a religious atheist. You are closed-minded. You are a "believer" in atheism, and as such, you, like the Christians, Muslims, Mormons, Jehova's Wittnesses, and Fundamentalist Rush Limbaugh/Hannity listeners, must discount any evidence to the contrary of what you believe. I pity you. I used to be like you.
As I said, no more evidence for Precognition than there is for OBEs and NDEs.

You can rush to ad-hominems without knowing my beliefs, go ahead. It just makes you look more like a foolish asshole. Big Grin

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post