Precognition Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: Precognition Again
Do you dream every night? Have multiple dreams in one night? How many dreams have you had? If you've been able to remember your dreams for the past 30 years (let's say you are 35 or so) that's 30x365= about ten thousand dreams, of which 5 are "hits"? How long does a dream last? Could the whole part about your wife's stomach have occured while she was lying next to you, waking you up to say that her stomach was in pain?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 03:40 PM
(16-07-2012 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  My vote is on very, very confused. He doesn't like reality.
But steadily finding himself.

My regret is that I posted a wall of text. I hate when people do that to me... but I got so into writing that post that it happened before I realised. Dammit. Terse and deadly fail.
16-07-2012, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 04:22 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Hey Egor,

I'm glad your wife is recovering well. I hope you're doing okay as well. I want to relate to you how my mind connects event. In no way do I think someone is silly in how they connect events. I realize we all do it a little differently, because we are all subject to our own personal timeline of events.

Seeing the four events, two deal with trauma, and the other two deal with objects. Most precognition stories that I have come across are of traumatic events. You've recently gone through a traumatic event with your wife, which is very unfortunate. How one deals with the traumatic event depends on ones background. Traumatic events get seared in the brain. Sometimes they are so traumatic and get blocked and PTSD and other ailments may occur.

Dreams are ones personal experience until one decides to translate it in an account. A traumatic event like that which happened to you can trigger the memory of a dream.

Most of the time dreams are forgotten quite easily. The non-traumatic events that you perceive as precognition happen all the time to me, even in my waking state. I attribute it as coincidence. These that may seem unlikely, but aren't improbable. Or, they may be highly probable. For example, if I dream one night about meeting the mail deliverer right before going out to work, and the next day I see the mail deliverer right before I go to work, I might think 'That's odd, I had a dream about that person'. But the thing is, a mail deliverer comes by my place several times a week. My subconscious decided to play out the mail deliverer in my dream, because it was played out to my conscious mind before and I am aware that mail gets delivered let alone all the other times I have seen a mail deliverer and it was registered by my subconscious. Circumstance had it that I woke up and while leaving for work, I saw the mail deliverer.

Our subconscious gets bombarded by several things; look at how well the advertising industry has honed it to a science: seeing a product for the first time and yet having a certain familiarity with it, despite not consciously being able to recollect any memory.

sub·con·scious
adjective
1. existing or operating in the mind beneath or beyond consciousness: the subconscious self. Compare preconscious, unconscious.
2. imperfectly or not wholly conscious: subconscious motivations.

World English Dictionary
subconscious
— adj 1. acting or existing without one's awareness: subconscious motive
— n 2. psychoanal preconscious Compare unconscious that part of the mind which is on the fringe of consciousness and contains material of which it is possible to become aware by redirecting attention

You believe in precognition. Are you open to the idea that from having learned about precognition and having gone through the experiences you have, the situation still could be attributed to your subconscious?

If so, precognition is the result of cause and effect of superstition.

Encyclopedia Britannica defines it as such:

superstition

belief, half-belief, or practice for which there appears to be no rational substance. Those who use the term imply that they have certain knowledge or superior evidence for their own scientific, philosophical, or religious convictions. An ambiguous word, it probably cannot be used except subjectively. With this qualification in mind, superstitions may be classified roughly as religious, cultural, and personal

I personally can't remove certain superstitions from my mind. Sometimes it's better to go with it, because I would waste my time over and over about the irrationality and yet it would still pop up, and may distract me from something important. But I try to be as rational as I can.

Both you and your wife went through a traumatic event. There is no denying that. I'm very glad she is making a good recovery. May you both get back into the regular groove: living life and enjoying it for all it's worth!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
16-07-2012, 04:08 PM
It makes me laugh how people call Egor wrong....... think he is dumb and misinformed..... yet we are all equal in the fact that we all know fuck all really, yes we may have advanced scientifically in leaps and bounds over the last 100 years...... that still doesnt stop every single one of us using "faith" in place where "experience/knowledge" is missing.

This statement above goes to you as well Egor...... I believe that once you take something as "true" then that immediatly makes you biased towards any other information....... this will in fact hold you back because if you dont consider every possibility then you are not seeing the bigger picture.

Do I believe that the things I have experienced can be explained logically...... to some degree yes....... however there are missing links and I can either use "faith" to fill the gaps or I can stay open minded.

All I know is I know fuck all....... I like to kid myself into thinking I do to make me feel secure and safe though Wink

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-07-2012, 04:12 PM
(16-07-2012 03:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  My vote is on very, very confused. He doesn't like reality.
But steadily finding himself.

My regret is that I posted a wall of text. I hate when people do that to me... but I got so into writing that post that it happened before I realised. Dammit. Terse and deadly fail.
Lessons - $75/hr, lunch - $10, terseness - priceless.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-07-2012, 04:20 PM
(16-07-2012 08:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 07:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
If you are a religious atheist; you have to disbelieve in precognition--even if you experience it.
That is a ridiculous statement. Calling an atheist "religious" is like calling water "land". You have not changed, and you never will.

[Image: EJHY.png]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
16-07-2012, 04:23 PM
[Image: GvoWV.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
16-07-2012, 04:27 PM
(16-07-2012 04:23 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: GvoWV.jpg]
Yeah sure....... lets mock everybody beliefs who dont match ours.

Fucking sad Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-07-2012, 04:36 PM
(16-07-2012 04:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 04:23 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: GvoWV.jpg]
Yeah sure....... lets mock everybody beliefs who dont match ours.

Fucking sad Sad
Some beliefs deserve mockery. Some beliefs are fucking sad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 04:42 PM
(16-07-2012 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 04:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  Yeah sure....... lets mock everybody beliefs who dont match ours.

Fucking sad Sad
Some beliefs deserve mockery. Some beliefs are fucking sad.
So shutting someone up is preferable? Giving someone the extra push to close their minds, to lock themselves up? I remember a time like that. It was called The Dark Ages.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]