Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
I dont know why you people are even bothering to talk to this PleaseJesus guy.

Yet in the great words of Hitchens,
One of the things I don’t like about Christianity is that it tells me to love my enemies. I don’t do that, and I don’t want you doing it for me either. Go love your own enemies, don’t be loving mine. I’ll get on with the business of destroying, isolating, combating the enemies of civilization.”

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like StorMFront's post
13-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:I did not use the word "deserve" in my replies because life does not deserve anything more over non-life. Life has the ability to preserve itself while non-life does not. No deserved actions to be found. Life is not fair, neither is non - life, it just is.
Most excellent. Finally, the Darwinist has been shared with eloquence. Thank you. There is no deserved anything in the natural world without Jesus.
Quote: One of the things I don’t like about Christianity is that it tells me to love my enemies. I don’t do that, and I don’t want you doing it for me either. Go love your own enemies, don’t be loving mine. I’ll get on with the business of destroying, isolating, combating the enemies of civilization.” – C. Hitchens
"A single blow must destroy the enemy... without regard of losses... a gigantic all-destroying blow."
- Adolf Hitler
Quote:I still have not seen an answer to this simple question: WHY DID GOD NOT OPT FOR THIS INFINITELY MORE INTELLIGENT SOLUTION?
My dear, if you feel plants (photosynthesis) are infinitely more intelligent than animals you should stop eating them…
13-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Welp, I call "troll". Drinking Beverage

I'm outie.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Misanthropik's post
13-02-2013, 01:16 PM
(13-02-2013 01:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I did not use the word "deserve" in my replies because life does not deserve anything more over non-life. Life has the ability to preserve itself while non-life does not. No deserved actions to be found. Life is not fair, neither is non - life, it just is.
Most excellent. Finally, the Darwinist has been shared with eloquence. Thank you. There is no deserved anything in the natural world without Jesus.
Quote: One of the things I don’t like about Christianity is that it tells me to love my enemies. I don’t do that, and I don’t want you doing it for me either. Go love your own enemies, don’t be loving mine. I’ll get on with the business of destroying, isolating, combating the enemies of civilization.” – C. Hitchens
"A single blow must destroy the enemy... without regard of losses... a gigantic all-destroying blow."
- Adolf Hitler
Quote:I still have not seen an answer to this simple question: WHY DID GOD NOT OPT FOR THIS INFINITELY MORE INTELLIGENT SOLUTION?
My dear, if you feel plants (photosynthesis) are infinitely more intelligent than animals you should stop eating them…
What pray-tell is a Darwinist? Is it someone who understands evolution? I do not worship Darwin and the theory of evolution has advanced far beyond anything Darwin imagined. And you assert that Jesus adds meaning to life? How exactly does he do that? Jesus coming here (if that is actually true but I will ignore that argument for the moment) and dying for everyone so that they get into heaven does not add value, meaning, or merit to life. It devalues it. It means that this life is shite and the next one is better. Jesus/god turns life into a plaything. It makes it an ugly thing designed for the amusement of some being.

He did not say plants were more intelligent, he said the process is better and more efficient than the process of consumption.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-02-2013, 01:20 PM
(13-02-2013 01:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
I asked you to answer intelligently, if possible.

I guess it was too much to ask.

My question was a very clear, logical, reasonable question that any believer, with even moderate intelligence, should have been able to address from the point of view of the church.

Some people are too dense to be consistent even in their own convictions.

I am afraid you are an embarrassment to your faith (KC must be hiding his head in a paper bag).

As of now I stopped wasting my time on you. Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
13-02-2013, 01:39 PM
LOL, between PJ and Ego, lots of dancing but no substance.

Its a rather simple question. Given the nature of photosynthesis (energy creation does not come at the expense of another living being), why didn't god use this universally? You could still have free will, worship, commandments, rapture, plagues, incest, infanticide and all the rest of the stuff that god loves without having all the suffering that prey animals endure.

I mean lets face it, Ego and PJ don't have the answer- no one does b/c it is yet another inconsistency with theism. This was a loaded question that they couldn't help to win but bit the bait nonetheless. The better tact would have been to move along without posting or perhaps to be honest and say "that's a good question. I don't know." An optional addition would be "my thinking on this is.....". Instead they chose completely intellectually dishonest answers that either didn't answer the question or tried to attack the questioner. Sad and pathetic.
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
13-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:As of now I stopped wasting my time on you.
A shame since I got it all off my chest and am prepared to make a serious answer now.
And you'll come back to this thread certainly and to me, you have no self-control.
One of the problems I have with the giant straw man y'all call "design" is that design isn't somewhere, it's everywhere. Even fractals are the study of patterns in "random" things. The Bible speaks eloquently of how the Fall hampered all creation. I'd think you know that many Christians understand that animals were herbivores pre-Noahic Flood... read Genesis 9 for more on post-Flood turmoil. Thanks.
13-02-2013, 01:50 PM
(13-02-2013 01:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:As of now I stopped wasting my time on you.
A shame since I got it all off my chest and am prepared to make a serious answer now.
And you'll come back to this thread certainly and to me, you have no self-control.
One of the problems I have with the giant straw man y'all call "design" is that design isn't somewhere, it's everywhere. Even fractals are the study of patterns in "random" things. The Bible speaks eloquently of how the Fall hampered all creation. I'd think you know that many Christians understand that animals were herbivores pre-Noahic Flood... read Genesis 9 for more on post-Flood turmoil. Thanks.
Like a moth to a flame I ask you to explain fossils.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-02-2013, 01:53 PM
(13-02-2013 01:14 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Welp, I call "troll". Drinking Beverage

I'm outie.
Some trolls are fun with imagination and humour.

Arguing with PJ is boring like shooting fish in a barrel.

That is why I stopped.
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
13-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote: I mean lets face it, Ego and PJ don't have the answer- no one does b/c it is yet another inconsistency with theism.
That's because of wishful thinking. They want their god to be nice.
Big Omni never claimed to be nice - a grudging "merciful" is all he'd admit. He likes suffering. He likes sacrifice. He has a blood fetish, okay?
He doesn't give a flying fig about plants or animals or efficiency - just look at that big wasteful universe hung in our sky just to be pretty for billions of years and functional that one night, to lead three men, who weren't quite wise enough to bring a map, to a stable.
The only thing He cares about is setting a series of tests for the souls of men (and mayhap, but then again, probably not, women) to negotiate their way to heaven. It's got to be difficult enough that only 80,000 ever succeed. The world, then, is simply a giant obstacle-course.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post