Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
(13-02-2013 10:11 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  I've read that story!
Everything in Eden was hunky-dory; the lion was molesting the lamb and getting away with it; angels were happily tootling away in heaven; Adam was busy naming all the fish after land-animals because he had no imagination and nothing more fun to do. Then the serpent asked Eve out to lunch and she noticed her own genitals and made the mistake of calling Adam's attention to them - and all hell literally broke loose. Rained angels for a day and night - anyway, long enough to make wives for A&E's sons, which is just as well, 'coz they would have had to marry chimps, else. So God is really pissed, and they're all running for their lives, except Adam keeps glancing over at Eve's mammaries every seven seconds and he doesn't even know she's hidden a couple of apple seeds in the pocket of her figleaf. (Yes, and she invented the handkerchief, as well - little-known fact.) So the lion got hungry and light-headed with all that unaccustomed running and accidentally ate the lamb. And the praying mantis saw that it was good and ate her own mate and changed the spelling of her name to its modern form. And that's even before Noah start constructing a boat in the middle of the desert. After the flood, things get really hairy!

You see? Whatever we consider good comes from God. Whatever we don't like is your fault.
I think this is the most reasonable explanation I have read so far on this thread.

I couldn't stop laughing reading it!

Thanks, I needed this! Bowing
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
13-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:Like a moth to a flame I ask you to explain fossils.
Fossils or gaps in the fossil record or both? And neither has anything to do with predation IMHO. Thanks.
13-02-2013, 02:57 PM
(13-02-2013 01:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:As of now I stopped wasting my time on you.
A shame since I got it all off my chest and am prepared to make a serious answer now.
[Image: tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif]

Oh gee-the-fuck-wizz; NOW he's ready. Laugh out load

(I had to come back. Out of sheer, morbid curiosity; I had to come back. lol)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
13-02-2013, 03:19 PM
(13-02-2013 09:02 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1. Predation existed after the flood and is resultant from the Fall of Eden. Genesis 9 talks about this, for one instance.
2. if you don't like predation, go march for gazelles! How about marching on Washington, DC and demanding that lions stop eating gazelles? You'll be a laughing stock for daring to suggest that the Darwinian natural order is cruel and unusual... yet humans complain all the time when other humans act "badly". That's fine for Christians, but when naturalists do it, it's awkward, wouldn't you agree?
So the fall drastically changed the physiology of countless species into unrecognizable forms?
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
13-02-2013, 03:39 PM
(13-02-2013 02:41 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Like a moth to a flame I ask you to explain fossils.
Fossils or gaps in the fossil record or both? And neither has anything to do with predation IMHO. Thanks.
*grabs popcorn*

Let's say both. I want to hear your take on fossils and "gaps" in the fossil record.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
13-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Well, God works in mysterious ways Smile

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

13-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Re: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
That are exactly the same as one would expect if he didn't exist...

Eddie izzard has a good line about that. Something like
If God exists, his plan is very similar to someone not having a plan.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Talking about a pre-Noahic flood is like talking about the time before the death star blew up.

The story of Noah or it's earlier version Utnapishtim is a work of fiction. Really bad fiction.
If I said with all certainty "Everyone knows that all the animals were herbavores before the death star blew up"
you would look at me like I was crazy and rightly so.

"Everyone knows that humans walked on all fours before Cinderella left the ball at midnight"

Your bible is a story book. Nothing more. If you see it as something more, then that's all in your mind.
And it's what you've been told since you were a small child. I don't blame you, but you're an adult now.
Time for the blinders to come off at some point. And since you are here willfully, it's my guess that you are unconsciously wanting help with the blinders.

There is not one portion of the story of Noah that is believable by any sane individual.
If you also truly believe that Cinderella's carriage was made from a pumpkin, then there is nothing more I can say.

You worship a zombie and your brain is just as mushy

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
13-02-2013, 04:46 PM
(13-02-2013 04:09 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Well, God works in mysterious ways Smile
You know what else works in mysterious ways ?

Microscopic Magical invisible penguins. - No one knows how they work. It's a mystery.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
13-02-2013, 05:07 PM
(13-02-2013 04:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 04:09 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Well, God works in mysterious ways Smile
You know what else works in mysterious ways ?

Microscopic Magical invisible penguins. - No one knows how they work. It's a mystery.
No one knows how, but we know they are the cause of gravity. It's obvious really, what else could cause it!?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 3 users Like Adenosis's post