Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
(13-02-2013 05:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Seriously, guys. Ploop, ploop, splat.

(13-02-2013 05:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You don't dispute that humans are omnivores, now, do you? Consider

Yeah, we banned the last guy who did that.
Well you can do what you like I guess...we are omnivores. Facts are facts.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 05:55 PM
(13-02-2013 05:23 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:21 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Im sorry too...wtf...why?????????? a medium rare steak is the "bomb" (who remembers that?). Why be a vegan...your skeptical enough to be an atheist but your not skeptic enough to know we are omnivores?
Do you want to start a thread on that?
Its tempting but why bother...the evidence is totally one sided.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 06:00 PM
(13-02-2013 05:52 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Seriously, guys. Ploop, ploop, splat.

Yeah, we banned the last guy who did that.
Well you can do what you like I guess...we are omnivores. Facts are facts.

Don't worry - that was an in joke of sorts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote: You don't dispute that humans are omnivores, now, do you?
Have you ever noticed that a certain type of poster immediately appeals to the cavemen when it comes to any suggestion of life-style changes that might benefit the world (less guns, less fossil fuel, less bacon) - even when they themselves are not asked to make the change - just the least little hint that somebody, somewhere could and did.

The very same posters will just as immediately and vehemently appeal to progress when there is any suggestion of giving up some modern overindulgence (cheap electronics, air travel, bio-engineering) - not that they themselves are asked to give these things up, just any hint that somebody, somewhere could and has.

Protest too much, much?

The great apes are predominantly fruit, root and grain eaters (see dentition) but can digest meat fairly efficiently (okay, there is some unappealing byproduct in the form of gas, body odour and clogged arteries) - unlike the obligate herbivores and carnivores. Omnivore means choice and adaptability; technological progress makes a far wider choice possible.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
13-02-2013, 06:08 PM
AW: RE: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
(13-02-2013 06:01 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  
Quote: You don't dispute that humans are omnivores, now, do you?
Have you ever noticed that a certain type of poster immediately appeals to the cavemen when it comes to any suggestion of life-style changes that might benefit the world (less guns, less fossil fuel, less bacon) - even when they themselves are not asked to make the change - just the least little hint that somebody, somewhere could and did.

The very same posters will just as immediately and vehemently appeal to progress when there is any suggestion of giving up some modern overindulgence (cheap electronics, air travel, bio-engineering) - not that they themselves are asked to give these things up, just any hint that somebody, somewhere could and has.

Protest too much, much?

The great apes are predominantly fruit, root and grain eaters (see dentition) but can digest meat fairly efficiently (okay, there is some unappealing byproduct in the form of gas, body odour and clogged arteries) - unlike the obligate herbivores and carnivores. Omnivore means choice and adaptability; technological progress makes a far wider choice possible.
Can you remind me again how any of that is relevant to the question you quoted? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-02-2013, 06:20 PM
(13-02-2013 05:55 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Its tempting but why bother...the evidence is totally one sided.
As you wish. Undecided
13-02-2013, 06:22 PM
(13-02-2013 06:20 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:55 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Its tempting but why bother...the evidence is totally one sided.
As you wish. Undecided
I wasnt wishing...I was stating a fact. Bowing

13-02-2013, 06:28 PM
(13-02-2013 05:23 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:21 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Im sorry too...wtf...why?????????? a medium rare steak is the "bomb" (who remembers that?). Why be a vegan...your skeptical enough to be an atheist but your not skeptic enough to know we are omnivores?
We've been down this road.

The evidence is clear that we evolved as omnivores.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 06:38 PM
(13-02-2013 06:22 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:20 PM)Zat Wrote:  ...
As you wish. Undecided
I wasnt wishing...I was stating a fact. Bowing
The fact being that you do not wish to discuss it.

That's fine with me. Smile
13-02-2013, 06:44 PM
(13-02-2013 06:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:23 PM)Zat Wrote:  ...
We've been down this road.

The evidence is clear that we evolved as omnivores.
I don't dispute the facts (I never do).

He asked me why I am a vegetarian.

I suggested that I could answer in a separate thread.

He declined.

That's OK with me.

Couldn't be simpler. Big Grin