Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
(13-02-2013 06:44 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  We've been down this road.

The evidence is clear that we evolved as omnivores.
I don't dispute the facts (I never do).

He asked me why I am a vegetarian.

I suggested that I could answer in a separate thread.

He declined.

That's OK with me.

Couldn't be simpler. Big Grin
You're correct.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 09:26 PM
I don't see any yec theological issue here. It's stupid but it's plain and simple to see why animals are punished:

Adam had dominion over all the animals... He was punished for sinning and having to toil the land; as well as, live the life with that predation design as a punishment. All the animals under his dominion were cursed via the same fate to whatever design they had.

Plus if God is Omniscient and knew this was to occur, it would be why he designed the animals to be prepared for this system.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: AW: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
(13-02-2013 06:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Can you remind me again how any of that is relevant to the question you quoted?
Quote: StorMFront Wrote: Im
sorry too...wtf...why?????????? a medium rare steak is the "bomb" (who remembers that?). Why be a vegan...your skeptical enough to be an
atheist but your not skeptic enough to know we are omnivores?
Quote: Omnivore means choice and adaptability; technological progress makes a far wider choice possible.
Relevance to OP - of the omnivore side-issue and my reaction thereto: 0

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
14-02-2013, 04:03 AM
RE: AW: Predation in 'Intelligent Design" ???
(13-02-2013 11:15 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Relevance to OP - of the omnivore side-issue and my reaction thereto: 0
I was referring to this part of your post:

(13-02-2013 06:01 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Have you ever noticed that a certain type of poster immediately appeals to the cavemen when it comes to any suggestion of life-style changes that might benefit the world (less guns, less fossil fuel, less bacon) - even when they themselves are not asked to make the change - just the least little hint that somebody, somewhere could and did.

The very same posters will just as immediately and vehemently appeal to progress when there is any suggestion of giving up some modern overindulgence (cheap electronics, air travel, bio-engineering) - not that they themselves are asked to give these things up, just any hint that somebody, somewhere could and has.

Protest too much, much?

Who "appeals to the cavemen"? Who "appeals to progress"? I have no idea what you're talking about, because your response has nothing to do with what I wrote. All I did was asking Zat whether or not he disputes that humans are omnivores.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-02-2013, 05:43 AM
(13-02-2013 09:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't see any yec theological issue here. It's stupid but it's plain and simple to see why animals are punished:

Adam had dominion over all the animals... He was punished for sinning and having to toil the land; as well as, live the life with that predation design as a punishment. All the animals under his dominion were cursed via the same fate to whatever design they had.

Plus if God is Omniscient and knew this was to occur, it would be why he designed the animals to be prepared for this system.

Well, that's just a big stupid sundae with silly sauce and extra crazy crunchies on top. Yes

I almost snorted my coffee at "yec theological issue".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post