Predict the election results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2016, 04:13 PM
RE: Predict the election results
(29-09-2016 04:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Surely Trump will lose. As stupid as American's are, surely they aren't THAT stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. The fact that Trump even got nominated shows that they're a lot stupider than I would have thought.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
29-09-2016, 04:28 PM
(29-09-2016 04:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 04:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Surely Trump will lose. As stupid as American's are, surely they aren't THAT stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. The fact that Trump even got nominated shows that they're a lot stupider than I would have thought.

The same for Hillary. There were much better candidates than Hillary in the Dem primary. And I'm not talking about Sanders either. Any of them would be crushing Trump right now. And I imagine any of the other republicans would be crushing Hillary right now. We ended up with terrible choice #1a and #1b.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-09-2016, 04:42 PM
(29-09-2016 04:28 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 04:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. The fact that Trump even got nominated shows that they're a lot stupider than I would have thought.

The same for Hillary. There were much better candidates than Hillary in the Dem primary. And I'm not talking about Sanders either. Any of them would be crushing Trump right now. And I imagine any of the other republicans would be crushing Hillary right now. We ended up with terrible choice #1a and #1b.
I saw that list that Girlyman posted of Hilary's acheivements, she seems quite awesome.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
29-09-2016, 04:46 PM
(29-09-2016 04:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 04:28 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The same for Hillary. There were much better candidates than Hillary in the Dem primary. And I'm not talking about Sanders either. Any of them would be crushing Trump right now. And I imagine any of the other republicans would be crushing Hillary right now. We ended up with terrible choice #1a and #1b.
I saw that list that Girlyman posted of Hilary's acheivements, she seems quite awesome.

Her acheivements are surpassed by her failures.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Does anyone else follow the betting markets?

#sigh
29-09-2016, 07:00 PM
(29-09-2016 04:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 04:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I saw that list that Girlyman posted of Hilary's acheivements, she seems quite awesome.

Her acheivements are surpassed by her failures.
No-one is perfect. I think it is ok to fail.
29-09-2016, 07:24 PM
(29-09-2016 07:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 04:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Her acheivements are surpassed by her failures.
No-one is perfect. I think it is ok to fail.

Often failure forms the basis for success.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-09-2016, 08:21 PM
(29-09-2016 07:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 07:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  No-one is perfect. I think it is ok to fail.

Often failure forms the basis for success.
If you are afraid of failure then you don't try anything. If you don't try then you have failed already and not learnt anything in the process.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
29-09-2016, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016 08:32 AM by yakherder.)
(27-09-2016 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I predict Clinton will win, because I can't believe there are enough people in this country who are stupid enough to think Trump is remotely qualified to be President. Clinton isn't perfect, but she is at least qualified.

If I'm wrong, and there are that many stupid people, then we are already fucked no matter who wins. If Trump wins, the fact that he won will not bother me nearly as much as the corollary: that we as a nation were stupid enough to elect him.

The fact that Trump and Hillary made it through the primaries is all the proof I need.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
30-09-2016, 11:17 AM
A week ago I couldn't respond to this. But after Trump's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week the betting markets and 538 's now-cast have Clinton at 3:1 and 538's polls-only and polls-plus at nearly 2:1. I only see it getting worse for Trump.

#sigh