Pregnancy "advice"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Pregnancy "advice"
I suspect I'm not the only pregnant person who's discovered this annoying habit of everyone around them.

The minute you say "im pregnant" its like the whole world comes out with their -opinion- on how you should do things, and if you don't agree WELL....

Example (of many)

I plan to give birth in a hospital. With doctors, and machines, and medicine.

Someone in my life thinks this is awful. "You need a midwife! The doctors will only make labor worse! YOUR BODY KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS"

.....I get that. And I feel so grateful that I have so many loving caring people in my life that want to pass on their views to help me. But I don't want to be made to feel like a bad person if I choose to do something they dont like.

Anyway. I guess this is just a whinge. But remember with the pregnant people in their life. Let them make up their own ideas of what they want.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-03-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: Pregnancy "advice"
vent vent vent................ yes Yes YES you are most correct. That's exactly what happens. And it grows as an issue in direct relation to our belly growth. ((hug)) Try to remember that people are trying to be kind and most of them are just fucking retards, laugh and go on with what you want anyway.

(( double hug ))

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
16-03-2014, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 10:33 AM by GirlyMan.)
(16-03-2014 09:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suspect I'm not the only pregnant person who's discovered this annoying habit of everyone around them.

The minute you say "im pregnant" its like the whole world comes out with their -opinion- on how you should do things, and if you don't agree WELL....

Example (of many)

I plan to give birth in a hospital. With doctors, and machines, and medicine.

Someone in my life thinks this is awful. "You need a midwife! The doctors will only make labor worse! YOUR BODY KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS"

.....I get that. And I feel so grateful that I have so many loving caring people in my life that want to pass on their views to help me. But I don't want to be made to feel like a bad person if I choose to do something they dont like.

Anyway. I guess this is just a whinge. But remember with the pregnant people in their life. Let them make up their own ideas of what they want.

All I remember from watching my wife give birth to 4 children is "WHERE'S MY GODDAM EPIDURAL!" and a bunch of bruises on my arms "THIS IS ALL YOUR GODDAM FAULT FATBOY! YOU'RE GONNA PAY." and me thinking "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!" ... and I'm still paying.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 12 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Oh sweet hobbit girl. My only advice (hehe), learn to ignore them. The crap load of unwanted advice doesn't end when your pregnancy ends. Everyone else also know the best way to care for your baby, and raise your child. I guess the only upside is that some of these jerks actually have pretty good advice haha. Start practicing the smile and nod Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
16-03-2014, 10:45 AM
You mean there is going to be a little hobbit in the future!

[Image: hooray-png.24259]

[Image: tumblr_lxr8jo4TrC1r4gt1to1_500.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 6 users Like Crulax's post
16-03-2014, 10:57 AM
3 words hobbitgirl,3 words. Smile and nod

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
16-03-2014, 11:20 AM
This is YOUR pregnancy - you do it the way you think is right for you, the baby, and - oh yeah- that Near guy.

I found that with pregnancy and motherhood your instincts will give you the best advice.

Find a couple of books, you will find conflicting idea but then you sift it down to what makes sense to you.

You got this!

But of course, there are several 'experts' here willing to chime in if you need us too.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Oh, and let me add, giving birth in a hospital doesn't mean that everything is artificial or manipulated. Make your wishes clear to the doctor, and find one that's cool with what you want. You can nearly do the midwife thing in a hospital but still have the safety net of medical staff and equipment should it become necessary.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-03-2014, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 01:51 PM by DLJ.)
Yup, my ex would get super-upset about all the 'advice'.

It didn't bother me so much 'cause I figured they were just trying to display some empathy or were just being conversational... I mean, what's the alternative? "You're pregnant? Really? Whatever."

But I could see how it gets wearing after the 50th time.

So what you need to do is this:
1. Pain helps you bond so go for any / all options that come with the most pain.
2. Crystals. Surround yourself with as many good crystals as possible and avoid the devil's crystals. Your body will know which is which.

Any time.

Thumbsup

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
16-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Give birth in a hospital. Doctors can keep the place clean and safe for offspring, and they can make the birth process less painful.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと