Pregnancy "advice"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Pregnancy "advice"
(16-03-2014 11:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, my ex would get super-upset about all the 'advice'.

It didn't bother me so much 'cause I figured they were just trying to display some empathy or were just being conversational... I mean, what's the alternative? "You're pregnant? Really? Whatever."

But I could see how it gets wearing after the 50th time.

So what you need to do is this:
1. Pain helps you bond so go for any / all options that come with the most pain.
2. Crystals. Surround yourself with many good crystals as possible and avoid the devil's crystals. Your body will know which is which.

Any time.

Thumbsup

And the aromatherapy, too. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Omg I hated the advice too.

That and complete strangers rubbing my belly like a Buddha for luck

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-03-2014, 01:18 PM
I know that natural childbirth at home with a midwife is all wonderfully....natural and shit. But if we hadn't been at the hospital with the OR ready for an emergency cesarean, I don't know that I wouldn't be a childless widower right now. Obviously between her small body and his stubbornness, neither of them "just knew" how to do it. But the doctors did.

Throwin' that out there for whatever it's worth.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
16-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one who's dealt with this.

and DLJ....I'm totally gonna have a crystal in there now. Just for you. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm going to take this moment to say congratulations on your pregnancy! I love babies. I will offer no unsolicited advice. <3
16-03-2014, 10:10 PM
(16-03-2014 10:06 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm going to take this moment to say congratulations on your pregnancy! I love babies. I will offer no unsolicited advice. <3

Thank you!

Advice is fine! Most of the time its welcome! I didn't mean to imply that I didnt want advice.

Its when people offer advice and you dont agree with it or dont want to do it and they imply your being a bad "mom"

Thats what sucks.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-03-2014, 11:23 PM
(16-03-2014 09:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suspect I'm not the only pregnant person who's discovered this annoying habit of everyone around them.

The minute you say "im pregnant" its like the whole world comes out with their -opinion- on how you should do things, and if you don't agree WELL....

Example (of many)

I plan to give birth in a hospital. With doctors, and machines, and medicine.

Someone in my life thinks this is awful. "You need a midwife! The doctors will only make labor worse! YOUR BODY KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS"

.....I get that. And I feel so grateful that I have so many loving caring people in my life that want to pass on their views to help me. But I don't want to be made to feel like a bad person if I choose to do something they dont like.

Anyway. I guess this is just a whinge. But remember with the pregnant people in their life. Let them make up their own ideas of what they want.

People giving Morgan pregnancy advice, and I'm just sitting here giving no fucks, like everybody else should.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 12:59 AM
It's more comfortable to deliver in hospitals now than it was "back in the day" (40 years ago in my day).

Many hospitals now offer a home-like atmosphere where you can have family and friends drop by and hang out with you while you are in labor.

If you have a choice of hospitals, find out what they offer.

And now, pain meds are offered that did not exist for all those that went before. Yeah buddy, go for the gold--a relatively pain free delivery.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
17-03-2014, 01:59 AM
(16-03-2014 09:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ...
I'm totally gonna have a crystal in there now. Just for you. Tongue

Gasp

"... in there..."?!?!?

Like, in there... with the baby?

Ewwwww!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-03-2014, 03:43 AM
(16-03-2014 01:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg I hated the advice too.

That and complete strangers rubbing my belly like a Buddha for luck

[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post