Pregnancy "advice"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Pregnancy "advice"
(17-03-2014 06:44 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I have two grandbabies and was there to help delivery BOTH. Wonderful experience for us all. I was there every step of pregnancy, birth and since.
We agreed that I would be present or available via phone-- IF/when my daughter wanted to bounce something off me, straight out ask 'what do you think, mom?' or share whatever she needed to share - I'd be available. A few times I've answered with "if you quietly just focus on your baby......she/he will answer you how to move forward".
I honestly these past 9 yrs have tried to NOT give advice but be available to bounce things off of and be someone who listens.

The one thing we ALL agreed to was that I would NOT be a boss for grandchildren, an interferring mother-in-law to our son-in-law, nor a busy-body with my nose in every aspect of the grandchildren's lives. Not who I want to be and none of us wanted that.

Being available? Fine. Anything more than that is too much.
you need to run off on my mother lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 07:12 AM
(17-03-2014 07:00 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 06:44 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I have two grandbabies and was there to help delivery BOTH. Wonderful experience for us all. I was there every step of pregnancy, birth and since.
We agreed that I would be present or available via phone-- IF/when my daughter wanted to bounce something off me, straight out ask 'what do you think, mom?' or share whatever she needed to share - I'd be available. A few times I've answered with "if you quietly just focus on your baby......she/he will answer you how to move forward".
I honestly these past 9 yrs have tried to NOT give advice but be available to bounce things off of and be someone who listens.

The one thing we ALL agreed to was that I would NOT be a boss for grandchildren, an interferring mother-in-law to our son-in-law, nor a busy-body with my nose in every aspect of the grandchildren's lives. Not who I want to be and none of us wanted that.

Being available? Fine. Anything more than that is too much.
you need to run off on my mother lol

Does she help a little too much?
I guess I took the cue from my own mom. My mom may have done a hundred things poorly but being Overly attentive or intrusive a grandparent wasn't one of them. She was available if I had a need (and often had NO advice whatsoever) but she wasn't a busy-body in our lives as parents. I liked it. Really.
I also learned from her unobtrusiveness that it's also Good to HAVE good advice should one of my daughters need some. Mom rarely had good ideas when I needed them and I'd have to rely on other sources.
So....... we take what we can from our parents/ancestors and IMPROVE what's needed. That's the job. That. Is. The. Job.

Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
17-03-2014, 08:38 AM
I am unsure of what Le Leche is? O.o Sounds like a desert.....mmmm lemon meringue pie....
17-03-2014, 08:59 AM
(17-03-2014 08:38 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I am unsure of what Le Leche is? O.o Sounds like a desert.....mmmm lemon meringue pie....

They promote breastfeeding. Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-03-2014, 02:06 PM
(17-03-2014 08:59 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:38 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I am unsure of what Le Leche is? O.o Sounds like a desert.....mmmm lemon meringue pie....

They promote breastfeeding. Smile

What a stupid name for such an organisational basis....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 02:17 PM

La Leche League

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2014, 02:20 PM
(17-03-2014 02:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:59 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  They promote breastfeeding. Smile

What a stupid name for such an organisational basis....

'Leche' means milk in Spanish.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-03-2014, 02:25 PM
(17-03-2014 02:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 02:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  What a stupid name for such an organisational basis....

'Leche' means milk in Spanish.

I should have known the Spaniards would be behind this.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 04:24 PM
(17-03-2014 02:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 02:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  'Leche' means milk in Spanish.

I should have known the Spaniards would be behind this.

[Image: 1375413631789.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Ask them if they are a medical professional as that is the only person qualified to give advice on pregnancy and childbirth.