Pregnant teacher fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Pregnant teacher fired
The attached story comes from Montana. The world needs to know how bad this institution is toward society. I guess it's ok to diddle little boys in gods name but do NOT get pregnant. Yet, they claim Mary was an unmarried virgin. Arrrrgggghhhh these religious zealots are hypocritical filthy scumbags.

The Helena Diocese has fired an unmarried Butte Central teacher for getting pregnant, its superintendent said Tuesday.

Shaela Evenson taught sixth-, seventh- and eighth-grade literature and physical education at the school for the past nine years. She was dismissed January 10.

“Shaela made a willful decision to violate the terms of her contract,” Superintendent Patrick Haggarty said. “This happened as a result of her decision to violate the terms of her employment contract, and in so doing she’s disqualified from teaching at a Catholic school. It’s a sensitive issue and it’s unfortunate all around.”

Evenson has hired Cincinnati-based lawyer Brian Butler, who specializes in wrongful-termination cases. Evenson told The Montana Standard Tuesday that she Butler are pursuing legal action, but deferred any other questions to him. Butler said he won't be available to comment until Wednesday.

Officials at the school declined to speak about the firing in requests from the Standard made two weeks ago.

On Tuesday, Butte Central elementary and middle school Principal Kerrie Hellyer referred questions to the diocese but said, "She was an excellent teacher."

The diocese's teacher handbook makes clear that employees must follow the teachings of the Catholic church, both in their professional and personal lives.

“The Catholic moral teaching is that the sacrament of marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman,” Haggarty said. “And we certainly believe and we teach our children who attend our schools about the sacrament of marriage. That’s as old as our church. Not only do we teach that to the children kindergarten through 12th grade, but we’re held to that standard as well.”

Diocese spokesman Dan Bartleson said the diocese doesn't investigate the personal lives of its employees but was forced to act when the pregnancy became known. Sources inside the district told The Montana Standard that the Helena Diocese received an anonymous letter about the pregnancy.

"A Catholic school teacher enters into an agreement not only with the district but with parents and teachers ... to follow a lifestyle in line with Catholic teachings," Bartleson said.

Still, the firing is drawing criticism from some Butte Catholics who say the move is in conflict with the message of Pope Francis. Last month, the pontiff baptized the child of unwed parents inside the Sistine Chapel. And in September, Francis called an unmarried Italian woman who'd chosen not to have an abortion and offered to baptize the baby.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: Pregnant teacher fired
Do you have a citation for the orginal article?

Btw welcome to our community.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
(04-02-2014 08:18 PM)Noxcuse Wrote:  “Shaela made a willful decision to violate the terms of her contract,” Superintendent Patrick Haggarty said. “This happened as a result of her decision to violate the terms of her employment contract, and in so doing she’s disqualified from teaching at a Catholic school. It’s a sensitive issue and it’s unfortunate all around.”

That's the whole thing all wrapped up nice and neat.

She breached her employment contract.

Next...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-02-2014, 08:45 PM
I wish the principal or whatever was right in front of me. Do you think kids actually listen to the church?

No! When I was a kid I didn't. I even see kids today have a notepad to draw or a iphone to play on while they're there. Even my parents , friends, and brother resent it.
I would rather even be rude enough to bring my laptop, with my glowing xbox controller and turn the volume up, and play skyrim with a mod so your Thu'um doesn't need to recharge and attack only using my Thu'um.
It's incredibly boring and since kids today have found a higher version of entertainment and are stimulated more than their ancestors, they don't get enough mental, visual, audial, taste-ial, smelly-ial stimulation from sitting down and reading a book of unentertaining fairy nonsense. I mean, kids still read books, but most of them include interactivity and video and audio, but we call them "video games." Even the outdated "real" books are interesting for kids, but this specific book of lies will become less popular as more kids are mentally stimulated and are free from the tyranny of religion.
Church will fall as kids (and adults) become more stimulated.
Churches already are failing in one of their programs to incentive-atize this hypnosis. "Youth group". You know why they took you fun places and had cool food like pizza and ice cream? So you would stay at church! This is completely true. 90% of kids I asked said church was.only fun because they meet their friends and have easter parties with ice cream and other foods.
They won't read this book of outdated norms and fake consequences.
They won't care about babies before marriage.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 08:48 PM
The point is she took a job and signed a contract regarding her conduct. You can take religion out of the story completely. She breached the agreement she made.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Wanna bet she had a lawyer lined up as soon as she decided to get pregnant?

She breached her contract with an employer.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
04-02-2014, 08:51 PM
But the problem was it was because they had to "teach" the kids that you shouldn't have a kid before marriage, which is stupid if you can't afford one. (I mean a pastor to pronounce you man and lady, because that's how you get "married" since they are theists.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 08:52 PM
(04-02-2014 08:51 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  But the problem was it was because they had to "teach" the kids that you shouldn't have a kid before marriage, which is stupid if you can't afford one. (I mean a pastor to pronounce you man and lady, because that's how you get "married" since they are theists.)

What part of she signed a legal document regarding her behavior in exchange for a paycheck are you missing?

She then broke the terms...period.

04-02-2014, 08:53 PM
One of many problems the fuckers have.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/roman-cathol...ettlement/

Quote:Roman Catholic archdiocese in Montana files for bankruptcy in sex-abuse settlement

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
04-02-2014, 08:55 PM
You can take religion out of this story and make it any corporation that requires a code of conduct to be signed in order to be employed. An employee that signs the contract, accepts the checks, and then breaches the contract is subject to firing.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post