Pregnant teacher fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Pregnant teacher fired
If they were actually caring, they would give her maternity leave.

If I was actually a human gender. ( I want my gender to remain a mystery.)

I would have lied and said my partner and me were married. and tell them I'm married. (Because this applies to both gender's right? Men can't have their partner preg before marriage? My cousin has two children and a partner and isn't married.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 08:58 PM
(04-02-2014 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You can take religion out of this story and make it any corporation that requires a code of conduct to be signed in order to be employed. An employee that signs the contract, accepts the checks, and then breaches the contract is subject to firing.

Yes. This^^
It seems pretty simple to me!
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
She agreed to the terms up front. She knew what would happen.

This is a legal matter, not a Catholic matter. And as an ex-Catholic I can get just as pissy with them as the next person. But this is about her breaking a legal contract with her employer.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-02-2014, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 09:07 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
(04-02-2014 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You can take religion out of this story and make it any corporation that requires a code of conduct to be signed in order to be employed. An employee that signs the contract, accepts the checks, and then breaches the contract is subject to firing.
It matters if it was obvious, because if they only put the rules/codes that weren't in the bible on the agreement and didn't say "read all of the laws in the bible because that is your code of conduct too." Which would be hypocritical bogus anyways because half of the people in it already were preg or had a preg partner before they were married.
Yes, I know you are a teacher at a xian school and that should be obvious, but a lot of teachers don't believe in the stuff they teach or have to do. This actually relates to the I think "Atheist godfather " thread where someone said they raised a child to become a devout xian even thought he was a atheist.
Even my mother and a lot of my teachers have said that they don't believe the stuff they teach.

04-02-2014, 09:05 PM
She signed it. The end.

You don't sign legal contracts if you don't know what you are signing.

04-02-2014, 09:09 PM
And this is why I don't believe in too much freedom of the market. Say whatever you want, but when a corporation has the right to control its employees private lives through contracts, your society is broken.
And there's no market free enough to compensate the freedom of a single real human person to do whatever she/he wants with hers/his body, and law must protect that, against all the profit in the world if necessary.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
04-02-2014, 09:09 PM
(04-02-2014 09:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  She signed it. The end.

But if it isn't stated what you are signing then how do you know what to follow?
And if your code of conduct is hypocritical and contradictory what do you do?

04-02-2014, 09:10 PM
(04-02-2014 09:09 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  She signed it. The end.

But if it isn't stated what you are signing then how do you know what to follow?

You read it, they don't read it to you.

04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
(04-02-2014 09:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:09 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  But if it isn't stated what you are signing then how do you know what to follow?

You read it, they don't read it to you.

What of the second question?
And to reply, I hope I don't sound hypocritical,
Most theist say the bible is "figurative" or "metaphorical" and many people interpret it differently.
So if they don't read it to you, and tell you their interpretation,

Now you have a not only hypocritical, contradictory, code of conduct, it now can be interpreted.different ways!

04-02-2014, 09:21 PM
This story out if butte, MT (Montana Standard, Butte MT illustrates what hypocrites this church is. It is not a simple matter that she signed a contract. First if all none of us knows what specifically the contract says -- but her lawyer does. Second, this is a religious machine that files bankruptcy (see article in the standard regarding the Helena Diocese filing bankruptcy) in all likelihood to avoid paying damages to potentially THOUSANDS of victims of sexual abuse at the hands of priests and nuns. To say it isn't a religion issue is bullshit as the abusers used the cloak of the church to try and hide their dirty secrets. Further, they didn't examine how many kids were born out of wedlock or how many teachers have ever had sex out if wedlock and remove them from influencing the religiously pure. Picking and choosing which principles are followed is wrong. These scumbags ruined lives and they continue -- contract or no contract it's not as simple as she signed so now she goes. To say otherwise seems to show lack of depth.