Prepare you loins people, shit is gonna get steamy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Prepare you loins people, shit is gonna get steamy.
FF 15 just got a release date, September 30th...

Oh hell yes! TAKE MY MONEY!

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: Prepare you loins people, shit is gonna get steamy.
No PC release, no deal, even though it's right around my birthday. I won't buy a PS4/X1 for the equivalent of 500$ just for an FF game when my computer's able to run mostly everything and a 200$ upgrade will keep it so for the next generation and a half. Last gen I bought an X360 for FFXIII and was burned badly. If not for some exclusives I'm fond of, I would've sold the console already.
31-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Until there is a decent PC port, no go. Square-Enix is hit-or-miss with it's ports. Most of it's older FF stuff has been okay to downright fucking awful. Like the version of FFIV on Steam is a port of the remade iOS/Android version, complete with shitty anti-aliased sprites and a fucked up interface built for touch screens. The PC version of Tomb Raider was excellent, but the sequel was quite a bit rougher around the edges.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-09-2016, 10:38 PM
It got pushed back to 29th November. It hurts my soul.

I'm so fucking pumped for this game, I need a good RPG after so much GRTS, Builder/management and FPS I've been playing lately.

10-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Hmm, I'll wait for the reviews before I get excited, and then I'll wait for the price to drop substantially before buying.
In the meantime, is the FF13 trilogy worth buying on PC?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-09-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm not particularly excited about Boy Band Simulator 2016. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
11-09-2016, 12:10 AM
You people disappoint me greatly.
How can you not see how amazing this game looks? It's gonna be fucking awesome.
Plus it's FF, when has there ever been a shit FF?

Quote:In the meantime, is the FF13 trilogy worth buying on PC?

Short of the early games (like, 1/2/3/tactics), I don't think any FF game is worth buying on PC.
They're made for console and I'm with EK on this that they port over to PC rather poorly.

FF13 was also sorta meh. (yea, I know I just said when has there ever been a shit FF, stfu). The first part was good, it was a typical FF game. The second and third part just left you sitting there like "what... wtf is going on??"

11-09-2016, 09:30 AM
(10-09-2016 11:06 PM)cactus Wrote:  Hmm, I'll wait for the reviews before I get excited, and then I'll wait for the price to drop substantially before buying.
In the meantime, is the FF13 trilogy worth buying on PC?

The porting job's mixed, XIII runs fine with some slowdowns and Lightning Returns is a fine port, but XIII-2 is a mess that struggles to break 20 FPS on a rig that runs Witcher 3 on high with 40-50 FPS - plus neither the CPU nor the GPU heats up so the game isn't even trying Facepalm. As for the games themselves, I liked the first two but the time limit concept of LR didn't sit well with me. And they're on the cheap side with 12-15$ per game. However, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is also on Steam for 25$ and is in my opinion a better choice (and a better porting job, only issue is it's locked at 30FPS)