• 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Preparing to move house
Very pretty. Shy We don't seem to have houses like that here. Sad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(04-02-2015 07:02 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  This is probably not of too much general interest but my family are moving house basically one suburb over and I thought I would mention it. It's pretty exciting overall. We're paying more than we original expected to but I think the move will pay off.

We have a signed contract subject to the sale of our current place, which we are just about to list. We'll know in a couple of weeks if it is all going ahead.

Here is the place:
[Image: image22.jpg]

Here is the view from the front deck:
[Image: image9.jpg]

We are VERY happy with our new home. Hope you love yours as well! Smile

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
05-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Sure, I'd love to see photos / hear descriptions of other moving experiences. Share away Smile

I've included more photos in the spoiler below. The are the real estate agent's images of the main floor. There is some storage and workshop space underneath the house which was a nice surprise when we came in inspect the property.

We had been preparing to sell for a while. This place was on our short list but it hadn't been open for inspection so our first look at it was on Sunday just gone. We spent Monday morning lining up lawyers, loans, and a real estate agent for our current place and made our first offer Monday night. After some haggling on terms we submitted the offer that was accepted on Tuesday night and so have been madly getting everything together since then. The photographer will be around to our current place on Monday so perhaps I'll get to put those images up as well.

Many fingers and toes are crossed for the sale process now but we are quietly optimistic it will come together. We are selling into the most liquid price point in the local area and official interest rates have just dropped by 0.25%. Our target market should be out in force over the next few weeks.

More views from the front deck:
[Image: main.jpg]
[Image: image2.jpg]
Main living area / kitchen:
[Image: image3.jpg]
[Image: image4.jpg]
[Image: image5.jpg]
[Image: image6.jpg]
[Image: image7.jpg]
[Image: image8.jpg]
Second living:
[Image: image11.jpg]
[Image: image12.jpg]
[Image: image13.jpg]
Master bedroom:
[Image: image14.jpg]
Ensuite:
[Image: image15.jpg]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 5 users Like Hafnof's post
05-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Bedroom 2:
[Image: image16.jpg]
Bathroom:
[Image: image17.jpg]
Bedroom 3:
[Image: image18.jpg]
Bedroom 4 / Study:
[Image: image19.jpg]
Backyard (nonexistent - instead a privacy screen / outdoor entertaining area):
[Image: image20.jpg]
[Image: image21.jpg]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
05-02-2015, 07:20 AM

Screw you and your nice, spacious looking house and your aesthetically pleasing neighbourhood...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
05-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Looks like a god damn beach house in California. How dare you. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Dude, give me back MY house! Tongue

Love the kitchen and study.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
06-02-2015, 09:47 AM
(05-02-2015 07:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Screw you and your nice, spacious looking house and your aesthetically pleasing neighbourhood...

Just so you don't feel too bad: One of the main functions of the port is to load coal for export, and the bay is mostly edged with mangroves and mud flats.

(05-02-2015 07:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Looks like a god damn beach house in California. How dare you. Tongue

It's actually a 1950s house at its core that was remodelled in the 70s. It is about 200 meters from the local wading pool. Also there hasn't been a blue ringed octopus found in that pool for at least ten years.

[Image: Wynnum-Wading-Pool-Wynnum-Brisbane_0.jpg?itok=uX4PP0l2]

Building and pest inspections are happening Tuesday.

06-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Meh, nothing special....

[Image: 62.gif]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-02-2015, 04:03 PM
(06-02-2015 09:47 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 07:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Screw you and your nice, spacious looking house and your aesthetically pleasing neighbourhood...

Just so you don't feel too bad: One of the main functions of the port is to load coal for export, and the bay is mostly edged with mangroves and mud flats.

And your interesting bay!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post