Preparing to move house

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Preparing to move house
(27-02-2015 10:18 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Our sale is theoretically unconditional today. We still have a surveyer coming around Monday to the new place to see if it actually fits within the lot boundaries, but however that turns out I think the sale is a go.

It looks like a lovely home. Enjoy!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-03-2015, 07:18 AM
The purchase is now unconditional. We move in Friday.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-03-2015, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2015 04:50 AM by Hafnof.)
... and it is done.

Not everything went smoothly. The whole process culminated in my wife and I having to drive into the city with a $50,000 bank cheque to hand deliver to avoid the deal falling through. It was as these things usually are ultimately the bank's fault.

The financial situation was complicated due to having three different loans securitised or partially securitised against the place we were selling and needing to be rewritten against the new property. These loans were for other things so the sale of the house didn't cover the full amount - and standard security substitutions were not possible because of... reasons. Our banker thought the old loans would come across and be rewritten as internal bank transfers, but because the sale and purchase were separate transactions the settlement department saw things differently and required the full amount of all loans to be paid out in order to sell the old place before we could even think about taking out a loan on the new place. Moreover, they didn't include the new loans in the final settlement amount leaving the whole transaction missing about 70% of the purchase price.

It took the bank until after some of the important daily deadlines had passed before they were able to say they would release the full amount from the three new loans to resolve the situation, so by that stage it was too late to change the way the cheques were going to be drawn by all parties. Instead we had to supply an additional cheque to make up the difference, which thankfully was able to fit within one of our available financial vehicles... and well... we made it in the end. Now once it all shows up online we just have to an rejiggle all the accounts to be how they should be again. I'm glad I took the day off from work.

We spent much of the weekend moving. It was all complex and expensive and with more manual labour thrown in than these typist's fingers usually see. We have a lot of people to thank along the way, but I think the views and lifestyle change will all be worth it. We have officially moved out of suburbia and are tucked behind our town CBD. Pretty much everything we need is walking distance away. We're still close to the water and the waterfront parks, we end up with a bigger house. Apart from the lack of backyard and a few maintenance issues here and there it is a pretty ideal location and place.

The place hasn't been occupied for six months so we have had to spend some time breathing life into disused electric hot water systems and the like. We thought the oven and cooktop weren't working when we first tried to use them but found there is an unlabelled isolator switch that was preventing them from turning on. We still have boxes everywhere and will unpack as we go over the next weeks and months.

I might actually have enough spare time to get on this message board regularly again as we settle into the place. My "View New Posts" search sure is showing my few days' absence.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
16-03-2015, 05:03 AM
This is all good and nice but... where are my keys? Angel

Congratulations dude! Enjoy the new place. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post