Presentation on Christopher Hitchens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Presentation on Christopher Hitchens
Hey there, folks!

Turns out I have to give a presentation on Christopher Hitchens in my religion class next monday. It's supposed to be 15 minutes long.

If anyone can give me sources that sum up his core views and arguments or something similar, that'd be great. Thanks in advance. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-11-2012, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 05:06 AM by Logisch.)
RE: Presentation on Christopher Hitchens
He was fantastic on morality and mortality. I'd read one of his books if you have time on it, or perhaps watch some of his debates on morality.

His presentation of morality as the common human being happening to be more moral than the god of the bible is always a great debate. I don't know if I'd say his "core" arguments were any few, he was a fantastic speaker overall, was fantastic on many subjects and very intelligent.

Highly recommend reading "god is not Great"

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
13-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Man, we're not here to do your homework for you. And how is this fucking difficult? Not lie the guy was obscure or anything. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 06:38 AM
(13-11-2012 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Man, we're not here to do your homework for you. And how is this fucking difficult? Not lie the guy was obscure or anything. Dodgy
I'm just lazy, ye know? Tongue

13-11-2012, 06:52 AM
(13-11-2012 06:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Man, we're not here to do your homework for you. And how is this fucking difficult? Not lie the guy was obscure or anything. Dodgy
I'm just lazy, ye know? Tongue
Yeah, I can't think of anything " signature" off of the top of my head...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Yep so that means you'll have to go research and make up your own mind Wink
13-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Easy.

Common thread to everything he wrote ...

Anti totalitarian

He was a pupil of Orwell.

(I reckon cos his middle name was Eric)

29-11-2012, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 10:57 PM by Vosur.)
I held my presentation yesterday and it went quite well. As expected, neither my teacher, nor my classmates have ever heard of apologists, theists debating non-believers and Creationism. It simply ain't an issue over here 'cause religion is a private thing. Yes

My religion teacher was pleasantly surprised by the alternative viewpoint of Mr. Hitchens and said that she liked my presentation a lot. Hooray!

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
29-11-2012, 10:56 PM
(29-11-2012 10:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I held my presentation yesterday and it went quite well. As expected, neither my teacher, nor my classmates have ever heard of apologists, theists debating non-believers and Creationism. It simply ain't an issue over here 'cause religion is a private thing. Yes
My penpals in germany have much said the same thing. When they told me that, I was shocked. Over here I think people tend to wear it on their sleeve more than they should.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post