President Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: President Donald Trump
(22-01-2017 02:07 PM)annie123 Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 01:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The way you just assert there's some point to x topic based on association.

I mean if you think natural selection means social darwinism which it doesnt, maybe you'd be valid but even as species go on, unless you belief we are automotons without freewill and the brain already is dictated by experience without choice influence, you would seemingly know natural selection is a element you can have effort in for groups, as its not individual vs individual all objectivist for ones good but for the species aid... and species generally are aided all around by care of those up and down the group. Packs do still take care if eachother, it's not all to protect those at top. And protecting a stable living environment is not a help.

You don't come across as thinking things out other than swift in/out boxing in which leads to a non respectful tone coming back.

If you're in an environmental field. Why do you think 90 % plus of scientists in your field are within a lie or phony claim? Sorry to say you come off as a person living in irrational fears in your final paragraphs.

What's wrong with social Darwinism? Yes packs ( of animals) do take care of each other, but they don't take care of their old, sick or disabled. Those just die.
My thoughts are that if you didn't support old, sick, disabled, you would have a much healthier population that would need much less money for healthcare. It would just be more economic and practical. That's all.

So you're nazi or you just don't think much before posting?

Or just another troll. I would say troll but you never know in the internet.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-01-2017, 02:17 PM
(22-01-2017 01:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 01:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Oh man, where to even begin.

1. Climate Change is real, you say you are a scientist but you reject the science that is so painfully obvious.

2. I respect the 2nd Amendment too but why should Atheist "especially" be allowed to defend themselves?

3. Do you even know what Natural Selection is? You are supposed to be a scientist right?

4. Helping someone isn't a religious thing, it's a Moral thing. I don't have to be a Christian to know it's good to help someone in need. If you need to believe in something to tell you that then you have issues.

That number 4, seems to be an odd caricature of what christians seem to think atheism is about, and has me calling POE.

Not POE in my opinion. Ayn Randian--self-infatuated and developmentally stuck at about age 15.
[+] 9 users Like julep's post
22-01-2017, 02:19 PM
(22-01-2017 01:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The way you just assert there's some point to x topic based on association.

I mean if you think natural selection means social darwinism which it doesnt, maybe you'd be valid but even as species go on, unless you belief we are automotons without freewill and the brain already is dictated by experience without choice influence, you would seemingly know natural selection is a element you can have effort in for groups, as its not individual vs individual all objectivist for ones good but for the species aid... and species generally are aided all around by care of those up and down the group. Packs do still take care if eachother, it's not all to protect those at top. And protecting a stable living environment is not a help.

You don't come across as thinking things out other than swift in/out boxing in which leads to a non respectful tone coming back.

If you're in an environmental field. Why do you think 90 % plus of scientists in your field are within a lie or phony claim? Sorry to say you come off as a person living in irrational fears in your final paragraphs.

What's wrong with social Darwinism? Yes packs ( of animals) do take care of each other, but they don't take care of their old, sick or disabled. Those just die.
My thoughts are that if you didn't support old, sick, disabled, you would have a much healthier population that would need much less money for healthcare. It would just be more economic and practical. That's all.

A lot of scientists have to conform to whatever their current politicians want them to conform to or they would be out of a job. Most engineers and a lot of other scientists work for the government either directly or as consultants and they can't openly contradict what the top officials believe in or they will be out of a job. It's all about the money.

Both my parents had Multiple Sclerosis (mom was dx'd in '72 died in 1988 in a nursing home paid for by the state because we couldn't afford a better one, at the age of 44 -- my father died in 1980) and my son is on the spectrum for autism.

I find your views to be completely repugnant.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
You know what's funny? When I was a Christian and voiced my opinion about the poor and old and sick and how I didn't want to pay for them and couldn't honestly say I cared , they blasted me as a horrible person and not a Christian at all. Now I say this here , assuming at least maybe atheists would agree with me, and I get the same treatment. Weird...

A lot of scientists have to conform to whatever their current politicians want them to conform to or they would be out of a job. Most engineers and a lot of other scientists work for the government either directly or as consultants and they can't openly contradict what the top officials believe in or they will be out of a job. It's all about the money.

Last time I checked, most of our politicians are some sort of Christian. Most of them refuse to pass laws enabling right-to-die, assisted suicide laws for the old, sick, disabled. Wouldn't that help promote the healthier population you speak of?

How about if we enacted procreation laws limiting who can have children, or how many?

If a lot of scientists have to conform to what politicians believe, many of them would believe in creationism, or at least say they did.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
22-01-2017, 02:21 PM
(22-01-2017 02:19 PM)annie123 Wrote:  You know what's funny? When I was a Christian and voiced my opinion about the poor and old and sick and how I didn't want to pay for them and couldn't honestly say I cared , they blasted me as a horrible person and not a Christian at all. Now I say this here , assuming at least maybe atheists would agree with me, and I get the same treatment. Weird...

Yes weird, no one is praising you for being selfish.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 6 users Like JDog554's post
22-01-2017, 02:21 PM
(22-01-2017 02:19 PM)annie123 Wrote:  You know what's funny? When I was a Christian and voiced my opinion about the poor and old and sick and how I didn't want to pay for them and couldn't honestly say I cared , they blasted me as a horrible person and not a Christian at all. Now I say this here , assuming at least maybe atheists would agree with me, and I get the same treatment. Weird...

Empathy is a weird thing.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
22-01-2017, 02:22 PM

Why atheists should agree with you (ignoring the fact that atheist label can hide plethora of political stances)? Cause you imagined that welfare is religious thing?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
(22-01-2017 02:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Both my parents had Multiple Sclerosis (mom was dx'd in '72 died in 1988 in a nursing home at the age of 44 -- my father died in 1980) and my son is on the spectrum for autism.

I find your views to be completely repugnant.

But it isn't MY fault this happened to you! Why should I be held responsible for it? That's not fair punishing me for your bad luck!
You know, when I had these sort of arguments with Christians before in the past, I would tell them " well, blame God, he created this !" They really didn't want to hear that. Now you take it out on me also.

This should tell you that you don't have a religious problem, you have a morality problem.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post