President Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: President Donald Trump
(22-01-2017 02:50 PM)annie123 Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 02:44 PM)SYZ Wrote:  If you're going to maintain some sort of regard here, then you need to improve your act. Seriously.

I don't think I want to remain here, you people are the kind of people I want nothing to do with.

[Image: GIF-bye-bye-bye-goodbye-GIF.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like JDog554's post
22-01-2017, 02:54 PM
(22-01-2017 02:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 02:45 PM)annie123 Wrote:  Reading your reply makes me almost want to be a Christian again. At least they are not usually liberals/communists. I think I really dislike liberals and the way they think. Yuck. I think I am not going to like this forum after all. I thought I would find like minded people here, but I was obviously wrong.

Wait, we are communists because we like helping people?

No silly, we are communist cause we are atheists. We only help others to make populations of countries we're helping weak and saddled by old and infirm and then easily conquer them with our Aryan hosts. It's elementary my dear Watson.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-01-2017, 02:56 PM
We're communists because we understand that collective payment of healthcare is smarter than trying to do it individually, as it spreads out the burden and prevents individuals from being crushed when they have the misfortune to develop cancer. Because we understand that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

We're communists because we don't agree with social darwinism?

Get the fuck outta here with that shit!

I believe that if you start arguing that taxation is "stealing", then you're anti-patriotic. You're saying that your country is wrong in what it does, that it has no place being a moral actor, and that you refuse to pay for shared infrastructure, safety nets, and generally "to provide for the common welfare", as our Founders put it.

In other words, I find your brand of hyperconservativism to be self-centeredness and ignorant, and totally un-American.

I'm starting to agree with the others, that you were lied to about what atheists really are, and that you're not really one. Maybe you're a Christian who came here looking for good "atheists are psychopaths" quotes to bring back to your Christian forum. Maybe you're really as selfish and/or sociopathic as you sound.

But hiding behind sneers at "liberals = communists" and other tripe that has been spoon-fed to the Christian Right via outlets like Limbaugh et al is not going to disguise what a horrible set of "opinons" you've managed to unleash in a very short span of time.

Shame on you for trying to suggest that your repugnant self-centeredness has anything to do with atheism.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 10 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-01-2017, 02:56 PM
(22-01-2017 02:19 PM)annie123 Wrote:  You know what's funny? When I was a Christian and voiced my opinion about the poor and old and sick and how I didn't want to pay for them and couldn't honestly say I cared , they blasted me as a horrible person and not a Christian at all. Now I say this here , assuming at least maybe atheists would agree with me, and I get the same treatment. Weird...

Perhaps you should consider that maybe it is that you ARE a horrible person. I'm not the most empathetic person around but even I'm pretty disgusted by the way you look at things.

"Nature, red in tooth and claw" may be an appropriate description in some case for the evolutionary process but some of us have apparently evolved more than others.

(22-01-2017 02:22 PM)annie123 Wrote:  But it isn't MY fault this happened to you! Why should I be held responsible for it? That's not fair punishing me for your bad luck!

Perhaps because you are part of a society and, like it or not, you are dependent on others and they are dependent on you. If you have have an accident or suffer an illness and can't take care of yourself any more I hope the people around you aren't as callous and unforgiving as you are.

(22-01-2017 02:50 PM)annie123 Wrote:  I don't think I want to remain here, you people are the kind of people I want nothing to do with.

Thank you for the compliment.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
22-01-2017, 02:57 PM
(22-01-2017 02:44 PM)SYZ Wrote:  If you're going to maintain some sort of regard here, then you need to improve your act. Seriously.

I don't think I want to remain here, you people are the kind of people I want nothing to do with.

Oh you poor little snowflake, do you need a safe space to save you from all the scary people who don't think strangers should all die if they don't agree with their myopic views. You poor poor thing. Oh and in case you don't speak sarcasm off is the general direction in which you can fuck.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-01-2017, 02:58 PM
(22-01-2017 02:35 PM)annie123 Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 02:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  One conclusion you might draw from that is that empathy for those less fortunate is a human characteristic, not a Christian one. Atheism does not require one to shed one's humanity and become a monster.

So I am a monster now, just because I don't want to pay for someone else's healthcare and upkeep? Wow!

Honestly, I don't care for ( most) people and think there are way too many on the planet. I care about my family , friends and animals, but random strangers , not really. Just being honest here. I would pay for the healthcare of a friend, or even for the dog of a friend, but I would not pay for someone I don't even know. I don't even like most people and prefer the company of just a few, and my animals. Oh yeah, that's another thing my Christian friends hated about me, that I treat my dog like a family member. I suppose you think that is wrong also?

I don't care.

You've very, very lucky that the world isn't filled with people like you. That other people have paid and worked to provide you with streets to drive on, police and firefighters to protect you, inspectors to reduce the chance that you'll die from tainted meat, laws to ensure that the first person you run into who's stronger or smarter than you doesn't take all of your stuff, and programs to help you when you're older and not as strong or smart as you are now, so that you don't wind up having to decide between feeding you and feeding your dog.

Your stated philosophy doesn't have room for you to pay for the healthcare of a friend. Your friend should pay all by herself, right? Anybody who needs help is a loser. So you're a hypocrite, a liar, or you make special exceptions for situations where you know someone else deserves it. Public programs are based on the assumption that those cases of special exceptions aren't well handled by individuals, partly because they're burdensome when handled by individuals. What if your friend who needs healthcare doesn't have a $50 or $500 problem, they have a $15,000 problem? You almost certainly don't have the funds to give them what serious medical care costs. (You don't have the funds to help yourself, either.)

I'm sure you're intelligent and competent. If you fall and crack your skull tomorrow, and the consequences are bankruptcy-level medical bills and a permanent disability for you, taking away that intelligence and competency, I'm not sure you'd be so adamant about being left on your own. And you wouldn't be: people would take care of you, even if you would never be a productive member of society again, and they wouldn't say that you were without value. Maybe you can't understand that, and that's very sad, but maybe part of your pathology. (I think, though, that maybe you do understand that people would take care of you, but you think you deserve that care more than other people--you can't imagine yourself into the skin of someone else enough to see that that's the case for pretty much everybody.)
[+] 12 users Like julep's post
22-01-2017, 03:00 PM
(22-01-2017 01:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 01:36 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Could you please post a link to these images you saw that show a much larger crowd. The only comparative images I've seen thus far are those two posted here earlier, or currently on other tweets.

I made a thread with the link.

Uh... you've started more than a dozen threads about Trump. Could you please just give me the particular comment link?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-01-2017, 03:01 PM
(22-01-2017 02:58 PM)julep Wrote:  You've very, very lucky that the world isn't filled with people like you. That other people have paid and worked to provide you with streets to drive on, police and firefighters to protect you, inspectors to reduce the chance that you'll die from tainted meat, laws to ensure that the first person you run into who's stronger or smarter than you doesn't take all of your stuff, and programs to help you when you're older and not as strong or smart as you are now, so that you don't wind up having to decide between feeding you and feeding your dog.

Your stated philosophy doesn't have room for you to pay for the healthcare of a friend. Your friend should pay all by herself, right? Anybody who needs help is a loser. So you're a hypocrite, a liar, or you make special exceptions for situations where you know someone else deserves it. Public programs are based on the assumption that those cases of special exceptions aren't well handled by individuals, partly because they're burdensome when handled by individuals. What if your friend who needs healthcare doesn't have a $50 or $500 problem, they have a $15,000 problem? You almost certainly don't have the funds to give them what serious medical care costs. (You don't have the funds to help yourself, either.)

I'm sure you're intelligent and competent. If you fall and crack your skull tomorrow, and the consequences are bankruptcy-level medical bills and a permanent disability for you, taking away that intelligence and competency, I'm not sure you'd be so adamant about being left on your own. And you wouldn't be: people would take care of you, even if you would never be a productive member of society again, and they wouldn't say that you were without value. Maybe you can't understand that, and that's very sad, but maybe part of your pathology. (I think, though, that maybe you do understand that people would take care of you, but you think you deserve that care more than other people--you can't imagine yourself into the skin of someone else enough to see that that's the case for pretty much everybody.)

^^^ This. ^^^

Q.F.T.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-01-2017, 03:06 PM

[Image: exit-pursued-by-a-bear.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-01-2017, 03:06 PM
And now I'm going to go outside and not look at my computer screen for several hours, so I can cleanse my mental palette, so to speak. That disgusting ideological stench is going to take a long time to purge from the synapses.

[Image: mental_floss_by_smashinator.jpg]