President Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 04:28 PM
RE: President Donald Trump
Frightened by Donald Trump? You don’t know the half of it-George Monbiot

Quote:Many of his staffers are from an opaque corporate misinformation network. We must understand this if we are to have any hope of fighting back against them
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
22-01-2017, 04:40 PM
(21-01-2017 09:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But I will say that the picture floating around with the mall sparsely populated was taken very early in the proceedings. I have seen other photos that show it pretty full during the time Trump was being sworn in. Could be most people wanted to be there around noon when the actual ceremony was conducted and not attend the prior activities leading up to the swearing in.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-01-2017, 04:58 PM
(22-01-2017 02:19 PM)annie123 Wrote:  You know what's funny? When I was a Christian and voiced my opinion about the poor and old and sick and how I didn't want to pay for them and couldn't honestly say I cared , they blasted me as a horrible person and not a Christian at all. Now I say this here , assuming at least maybe atheists would agree with me, and I get the same treatment. Weird...

NO...the Xtians were right...you're a horrible person.

Playing chess with pigeons......
[+] 2 users Like JakSiemasz's post
22-01-2017, 05:01 PM
(22-01-2017 04:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 03:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Why? He's a piece of shit.

He can be but I don't think he always is. He sometimes surprises me and I like that about him.

The other person in this thread who believes there's nothing wrong with social darwinism offends me far more. LDH, to my knowledge in this thread hasn't affirmed that he agrees with that. If he did, then I would alter my view of him.

He believes pot smokers shouldn't be counted as citizens, and therefore by extension should be treated as subhuman. I've run out of patience for assholes like him. They need to be abhorred and ridiculed.

22-01-2017, 05:02 PM
(22-01-2017 01:33 PM)annie123 Wrote:  First of all, I am sort of a scientist ( licensed engineer) , so there is no need to talk down to me.

Depends. FE or PE?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-01-2017, 05:21 PM
(22-01-2017 02:07 PM)annie123 Wrote:  Yes packs ( of animals) do take care of each other, but they don't take care of their old, sick or disabled. Those just die.

Elephants, dolphins, whales and bonobos would beg to differ.

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-01-2017, 05:24 PM
(22-01-2017 02:19 PM)annie123 Wrote:  You know what's funny? When I was a Christian and voiced my opinion about the poor and old and sick and how I didn't want to pay for them and couldn't honestly say I cared , they blasted me as a horrible person and not a Christian at all. Now I say this here , assuming at least maybe atheists would agree with me, and I get the same treatment. Weird...

Nothing weird about it, an asshole's an asshole, Christian or atheist.

[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-01-2017, 05:25 PM
(22-01-2017 02:50 PM)annie123 Wrote:  I don't think I want to remain here, you people are the kind of people I want nothing to do with.

Leave troll. Don't worry, I'll recognize you when you come back under a different guise for the umpteenth time.

22-01-2017, 05:27 PM

22-01-2017, 06:52 PM
(22-01-2017 01:33 PM)annie123 Wrote:  First of all, I am sort of a scientist ( licensed engineer) , so there is no need to talk down to me.

argumentum ad verecundiam, appeal to authority. Consider
That really is all I need to know about you to hold you in contempt. What you say and how you say it is all I care about, what titles, awards, licenses or citations you may have are completely irrelevant to me and I suspect to everyone else here.

Wow me with intellect, humor, wit or compassion. Everything else is just you trying to blown smoke up everyone’s ass. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce